Author Topic: GDB Promotion  (Read 465 times)

Fernandezj

GDB Promotion
« on: December 25, 2020, 03:47:05 AM »
Is there a reason the GDB is not promoted as being as important a communication aspect as it is (i.e. staff announcements, RPT announcements, role announcements, gameplay change polls, IC information [roleplaying, archives, histories], class and gameplay metagaming, etc)?

I.e when you log into the game, you are greeted by a bunch of information that seems fairly standard about dying and a link to "helpers" which actually doesn't have any information... other than a couple lines that could be in the email "If you need a helper, use request" . The GDB is mentioned in a sad burial of text after this, almost as an after thought, while the discord is given hefty presence.

Visually it looks like this (black is GDB, maroon is Discord):

It seems very unfair.

Is there any work to improve engagement of newer players and this information disconnect?

Wychokka

• Administrator
Re: GDB Promotion
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 09:21:43 PM »
New players joining any kind of clan are prompted by clan leaders to join the GDB for such information, and the link is sent in the welcome email on character approval as you've noted. We expect that anyone who does join the Discord for help (or discussion) can also be pointed easily enough to the GDB (staff announcements are also now posted there). With fairly limited touch-points with new players, we don't intend to bombard them with any more links to the GDB and we're happy with how information is disseminated. I do agree however that we need to have the helpers page fixed, so thank you for pointing that out :)