Vague armor_repair responses

Started by To protect the Innocent, November 10, 2003, 10:55:49 AM

I do not understand the responses of the repair_armor code.

When working on a shell shield, if I try to repair it with chitin, I get the response from code:

"You cannot repair wooden shield, a new one will have to be made"

I have tried other repairs with what I am pretty confident are the proper materials, but I consistently get this same response.

If I try to repair the same shield (repair <item> <material>) with a block of wood or something odd, I get the same response.

Does the response above mean my character lacks the appropriate level of the skill, is using the wrong material, or the shield truly is beyond repair?

I'd hazard a guess that it's beyond any aid from the mortal/material plane.

The shield just may be snapped in half, or burnt to cinders. It's simply unrepairable. Maybe there's a serious fissure in the chitin.. I don't know.

I am, however, merely guessing-- so do look for other opinions. Please.  :wink:
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Well, never actually used the armor repair skill myself, but I'm pretty sure you need a -raw- material, in other words, if wood, then you need a log or branch, leather, an untanned hide, etc.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job