Remove/Lower the blasted Karma regen timer. q

Started by mirk_o_loio, November 18, 2020, 08:52:34 PM

I legitimately pay nearly no attention to karma. I guess I would if I had none, but I play mundane after mundane after mundane ...
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on February 27, 2021, 03:44:07 AM
I legitimately pay nearly no attention to karma. I guess I would if I had none, but I play mundane after mundane after mundane ...

Same. I don't care for anything but mundane humans.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

It used to be that I would play mundane...mundane....karma....mundane...etc etc.

But now you can do both so....

Still, I don't play two in a row unless one was to die in like a week and I really wanted to try it. Has not happened, just saying that is what it would take.

Personally, I think the best option for the thread title is a "newbie period" for karma.

You make a karma pc, that karma is not spent till a certain time played, say 12-24 hours. Maybe as much as 72.

After that, it is spent but your karma regen started at the same time your PC was approved, same as now.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Cut karma regen timers in half. Still takes 45 days to get 3 karma - that's plenty of RL time.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on February 28, 2021, 02:16:32 PM
Cut karma regen timers in half. Still takes 45 days to get 3 karma - that's plenty of RL time.

I support this.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

+1 as well

Sometimes simple adjustments are best. An example of a good, recent, simple adjustment is not making mundane extended subguilds consume karma.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

I think the Karma regen timer is fine.

What I'd like to see though would be to allow the extended subguilds to be allowable at all times instead of ensuring someone has 1 karma in their stock.

Another idea, what if when you took a gem at chargen, it refunded you 1 karma as well?

Lastly, what if the max karma you could earn was increased to say five?  This way, if you rolled a karma 3 character and it died suddenly, you still have 2 karma to fall back on.  There would be no other perk to having 5 karma other than if your karma 2 or karma 3 character died rather suddenly, you still had a couple points in your pocket.

No, I don't have 3 karma.  And yes, I'm currently playing a karma zero character that I created while sitting on karma.  :P  Which pretty much defeats my first suggestion, HA!

Just throwing out ideas.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.