Anyone ever accidentally psi'd what you meant to think?

Started by Eluin, November 06, 2020, 12:37:11 PM

If so, how did it go, was it something bad but salvageable with a bit of quick thinking? Meaningless? Relationship ending awful directed towards the person your character was waying?

Quote from: Eluin on November 06, 2020, 12:37:11 PM
If so, how did it go, was it something bad but salvageable with a bit of quick thinking? Meaningless? Relationship ending awful directed towards the person your character was waying?

Once said something aloud that my character meant to think, wasn't pretty but it wasn't fatal either. Played it off as an utterance under the breath when it slipped.

One thing I miss (if it is still in the game it has become a lot more rare than it used to be) is the Loosetongue poison, which would mess with communication code. Most of the time it was goofy/funny but I recall seeing it actually screw a leader PC in the past. Armageddon is unique with it's psionics and seeing mechanics related to it is always wonderful.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

All the time.

Think and talk are close together and my brain hates me
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

Quote from: Jarvis on November 06, 2020, 01:27:55 PM
All the time.

Think and talk are close together and my brain hates me

Think and psi also.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

November 06, 2020, 03:01:12 PM #4 Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 03:03:32 PM by rinthrat
So many times.

I've also accidentally psid the guy I was betraying to the Arm, telling him "oh, you can kill him if you want him so badly, just try not to toss him in the arena."

The guy in question was in the room with me. He was not amused.

Accidental talks instead of thinks are fun, too. At some point I gave away that my PC was a secret magicker that way.

One of my militia sergeants ended up in the arena over this very thing. High drama through missed command! Woo.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

You haven't been blooded in Arm if you haven't died or caused catastrophe through a miscommand.

I frequently accidentally say what I'm trying to Way, and honestly I think it might be a somewhat common occurrence through heavy use of psychic powers. I don't ever accidentally Way what I'm thinking, but I have to imagine that happens even more frequently. Waying takes an effort of intention and focus that's very taxing on the body, but all the same I imagine some things slip out when you aren't disciplined or go through heavy use.

I've intentionally wayed what was meant to be a think before, seems realistic that the occassional surface thought would go through.

I dead ass contacted the wrong person and then used PSI to shit talk.

The problem being, the person I was shit talking was the person I accidentally contacted.

Big funny.

Once mistyped pse for psi and got (apparently) a pose command with a long string of why the other person standing at the bar was a complete idiot and thought his big muscles would impress us.

Instant silence at the bar

I once had a guy repeatedly contact me, giving orders out and asking questions. Obviously he kept finding the wrong head.

I answered questions honestly, cussed him out, then offered to sell him an escru. Arguing that if he keeps finding random peoples minds, he's very lonely. And nothing could help with loneliness at night then a fine big butt escru.

Then eventually fate brought me to Tuluk and ofcourse the guy ended up being a Jihaen Templar.

... I survived.

I have 100% done this. I usually blame it on spice. I've definitely 'talked' when I meant to psi to someone at the same table, and I've 100% spilled secrets like this. Tbh I feel like this should be an occasional occurrence anyway.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts