A small peek behind the curtain.

Started by Shabago, November 03, 2020, 05:18:24 PM

Good <insert time of day here> Armageddon players!

What is going on with Armageddon? What are the staff up to? What can I look forward to or get involved in as a player? Here's a little peek behind the curtain on some what's coming up across the Known!

- A fresh city-based clan that has been asked after shall open for play.

- A return of a certain elite force.

- Mass building/updates - some of you are quite aware after the Senate.

- An extended RPT with plenty of battle or intrigue potential.

- Fresh explorer content!

- A sizeable power player enters the field.

- More options opened to players to create stories and start plots.

- Upgrade work to support migrating to a new server for better sustainability of support
and security.

Expect things to get shaken up and we look forward to seeing how you join in on the ride.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

You all will start to see this start in the next week or two. Not a single day affair. Size, reach, impact, will vary by player reaction.

Suggested time frames will soon follow.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

November 17, 2020, 06:35:00 PM #2 Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:37:53 PM by Shabago
Since some of it may qualify as behind the curtain in and of itself ICly speaking:

Chronology page has further been updated to reflect recent events:

http://armageddon.org/world/chronology.php

Quote from: Shabago on November 12, 2020, 08:28:10 PM

You all will start to see this start in the next week or two. Not a single day affair. Size, reach, impact, will vary by player reaction.

Suggested time frames will soon follow.

Things have been happening. Things have been heard. Rumors passed about!

Friday, Nov 27th. 9pm Server. Something 'Larger' will take place in the 'southern' side of the Known. You all can continue to expect some crazy tossed in between now and then, on peak/off peak.

Quote- A sizeable power player enters the field.

12/02/2020
"Her will BE done?" No, her will IS done.

Quote01/30/2021
80+ new rooms built, several items, npcs. Announcement coming in days.
--Shabago/Shalooonsh/Natious/Drinn/Wychokka and Ayomai

Quote- More options opened to players to create stories and start plots.

Ladies, Gentlemen and Crackageddoners one and all,

You all wished for more, not less content. You wanted fresh takes upon things, new stories to be told and options to shape the game world around you. On behalf of Shalooonsh, Natious, Drinn, Wychokka, Ayomai, Brokkr and myself;

House Borsail -> Open to play.
House Oash -> Open to play.
House Jal -> Open to play.

House Fale -> Open to play.
House Valika -> Open to play.
House Rennik -> Open to play.
House Sath -> Open to play.
House Kasix -> Open to play.
House Tor -> Open to play.

Come the next Noble role call, any and all of you may freely apply to any of the Nine of Allanak. The Estates are built, the documentation is set and new NPCs are eager to meet you, in your freshly made House Livery.

Now all you House Bastards will be under the actual oppressive thumbs of your associated establishment

Each House has been geared to hold their own unique traits and abilities to make Allanak - and the Known's - politics bloody and dirty. We have some of the most creative minds and role-players in this community the internet over, and we're all excited to see just what you all come up with.

02/09/2021
50+ rooms refreshed and/or devirtualized in the eastside Labyrinth
(Big thanks to both Drinn and Hestia who have helped get this in shape)

Those playing elves in the eastside will already start to notice a power shift occurring there. Lots more to come, so stay tuned.

So apparently we neglected to update this with the fact that we rebuilt a tiny little place called Tuluk.

You may be aware of the above - if not, now you are :)

Since the initial BigBaddaBoom of the gates opening there have been several updates to His (the real His instead of that diet pepsi southerner) City including:

• New economic options for business owners in His City
  • New NPCs to cover some admitted gaps in the original economy structure (yes, silk is now available)
  • High Market has been expanded, and may be undergoing further growth as it becomes more popular
  • All public-facing bard leadership NPCs have been given talk scripts which may or may not include matters of interest
  • UnderTuluk (now known as The Lows) has seen some small updates

Planned additions to His Warrens:

• Rooftop movement echos
  • Scent messages everywhere -- these most likely won't be pleasant, but my intent is to allow a blind PC the ability to actually navigate by the various delicate aromas of a squallorous ghetto.
  • More NPC randomization and increased presence of certain groups.
  • More NPC movement.
  • Expanded urban wildlife options
  • More area specific object integration
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

September 17, 2021, 03:57:36 PM #8 Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:02:32 PM by Halaster
Projects I'm working on:

- New subguilds
- More critical success/failures for spells
- SimRaider
- Documentation and clan review of Allanaki Militia
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

- A gradual new approach to the crafting system, where larger items (such as furniture) can be built using a tiered system.

- Further NPC life-breathing across the Known. More actions, more immersion.

- Yet more and new explorer content.

- A Known-spanning, long-running story-line/plot where each clan, tribe and city will have an active part and sway the outcome, with the chance to spawn a return to the famed HRPT based upon your actions and decisions.

- New content in 3 other forms, that are a bit too 'secretive' at the moment to say more upon, but will actively change the landscape of the Known and what you all can do.

I've recently been puttering around with a project that has me working on about 50 objects and over 80 recipes, as well as some policy stuff.

The goal is to make sure magickers that have reached the end of their subclasses's coded potential still have opportunity for further character development, assuming they are RP'ing out their magick and engaged with Staff via reports and such.

I've been convinced to bring something back.

Without taking something away.

Barsook asked here,

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58471.msg1081452.html#msg1081452

so,

Quote from: Brokkr on December 21, 2021, 11:00:51 PM
I've recently been puttering around with a project that has me working on about 50 objects and over 80 recipes, as well as some policy stuff.

The goal is to make sure magickers that have reached the end of their subclasses's coded potential still have opportunity for further character development, assuming they are RP'ing out their magick and engaged with Staff via reports and such.

The above is one thing, which required some building for some parts of it.  Multiple magickers have experienced it since then, but not the majority by far.  I can't think of anyone that qualifies that hasn't been looped in to it, other than one person who knows we intend to.

Qualifies:
-Experienced magicker that has reached the end of the normal journey of discovery.
-Has engaged with Staff via reports for this character.

At this point it is an ongoing thing.  Still involves some secrets (of the oh wow discovery sort) so not in public documentation.

Quote from: Brokkr on June 06, 2022, 03:00:10 PM
I've been convinced to bring something back.

Without taking something away.

Multiple Desert Elf tribes coming back (happened).
Also something magick related that you can find out about IG if you are lucky.  Letting knowledge of this also spread IG rather than through public documentation at this point.

Currently trying to figure out a way to let people know that it is possible to become a full guild elementalist, and has been for a couple of months now, since trying to get the word out IC hasn't gone as planned.  Without explicit documentation.

Currently working on finalizing changes to sorcerers in order to reopen them.

Currently working on finalizing a new clan/race option for players.

In the very early phases of looking at a weapon damage overhaul to make it simpler on staff, and fix a lot of imbalance issues that have crept in over the years.

Two world plots brewing.

Clan-specific subguilds are now a thing.  Two have been added to the game, although there's no characters (yet) playing them.  This means that if your tribe has a WidgetMaker, we could make a subguild named WidgetMaker and give it a custom skilltree.  We're going to use this a bit sparingly, but letting y'all know this is "a thing" now (technically this was sort of a thing already, but we're expanding it beyond the one use-case it had before.

With the changes to analyze, removed all recipes from the clan Player Clan.  Nearly all these recipes were for Darkmoon, so your old favorites from that venture are now craftable by everyone.  Enjoy!

Going forwards, you can get clan locked recipes when you have your own clan, rather than at this intermediate step, because other folks in this clan have no way to tell that it is a clan craft.

I am going through all the weapons as part of the new weapon stuff Halaster is working on.

There are a small number of changes to specific weapons I am making as I am going through that may impact folks before the new weapon system is implemented.

For example, 7 cord long staff weapons changing from being able to be EP and ES to only being able to be ETWO, or massive weapons described as being for Half Giants able to be used by smaller races.

Now I am on weapon recipes.

You may experience certain recipes becoming harder.  Either harder to make, or dropping off your list of being able to make at all, depending on your skill level.

Updated Shield Wall rooms roughly located between north of the sinkhole to the gulch to have the same script as a number of other Shield Wall rooms.  On investigation, it looks like the area had the script before the North Road fell in long ago, but it was never replaced on those rooms, so it was inconsistent with the Shield Wall rooms on either side of that area.