Off-Shoot of Apartments Topic. Nenyuk

Started by Pariah, September 22, 2020, 07:06:33 PM

I think it would be cool if Nenyuk was a playable house.  You could have folks who played as slumlords collecting rent of folks who were behind.  Possibly a command to extend people's rent by a margin on credit and they owe you for your kindness.

Could handle the rental of Warehouses and such so as staff didn't have to animate everything.

Plus would just be fun as shit to play the riches house in the game.

Could be employed as bodyguards, enforcers, aides etc etc the sky is the limit.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Playing a Nenyuki was tedious and silly and consisted mostly of wondering when your tenants would be online to pay their rent and then wondering what to do when you couldn't find tenants who owed rent.  Do you take all their stuff and change the lock, or hope they'll log on tomorrow?  Automated apartments are easier for would-be Nenyuki and doubly easier for renters.
You can still try to play a loan shark, but it's not easy to collect when people run off and/or die/store/disappear.

Quote from: Harrowhark on September 22, 2020, 07:34:55 PM
You can still try to play a loan shark, but it's not easy to collect when people run off and/or die/store/disappear.

I tried to play a loanshark once. Literally nobody ever wanted to borrow money. Ever. At all.

It's one of those Houses where (again) their assets/purpose for existing would be mainly virtual. Like Borsail with slaves (and the Amber Wyverns for slaving), Kassigarh for money-lending/loan-sharking, and Nenyuk for books/knowledge.

While I think they would be a cool, interesting addition as far as flavor goes, their purpose would mainly be to have a non-Staff member at Council in Luirs, and from what I gather, Staff relies on having an NPC faction at Council, and Nenyuk is it.

While fun in concept, from what I've seen of other such 'mostly virtual power' Houses, it can be a tricky road to travel down.

Quote from: Greve on September 22, 2020, 08:21:57 PM
Quote from: Harrowhark on September 22, 2020, 07:34:55 PM

I tried to play a loanshark once. Literally nobody ever wanted to borrow money. Ever. At all.

I tried to do a pawnbroker once but... If you have the money for something worth pawning, you tend to have the ability to make your own money.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died