Author Topic: Anonymous Kudos  (Read 1328 times)

triste

Anonymous Kudos
« on: August 27, 2020, 10:18:01 AM »
I figure it would be a waste of staff's time to submit kudos to people I don't know the sdesc of, so here's some anonymous kudos.

Kudos to the pick-pocket who stole my tribal's fancy sword a while back. While pick-pockets or "inventory magicians," or those who enjoy the "stealth-meta," get a lot of shit on this grand old GDB, I love you. You pushed me to be a better roleplayer. My character was supposed to be from an austere tribe and had no business wielding that fancy shit. It put her on edge in an in character way. It made my character wary of cities and helped me break the tribal-who-becomes-defacto-Allanaki trope for once.

Kudos to all the amazing crafters who have submitted their custom crafts to this game, which my crafters can now craft thanks to you. The list of crafts/crafters I appreciate is too long to bother trying to be specific, but thank you all.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

You can choose to be strong or you can choose to be weak.

Culinary Critic

• Satchel's Night Nest
Re: Anonymous Kudos
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »
Kudos to the hooded figure that followed my Rukkian around Nak for days and days and days before finally getting her in a closed room and stabbing the living shit out of her with a tainted dagger.  Enough time to cast a spell, but not enough to save her life.

Kudos to the hooded figure who killed my Fale Whatsit in an apartment after he got beat up in training but refused to sleep in the dormitory because he didn't trust anyone else in the house.  A brief glimpse at the face colours around his wrist was enough to let me know why my sleeping character was being killed.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:23:18 PM »
Kudos to the people that use arrange in the desert. I like to see poop, entrails, stones, etc given a little life.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Anglico

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 01:38:11 AM »
Kudos to every person who doesn't resort to code.
Kudos to every individual who craves a story.
Kudos to every person who develops their character through IG interaction.
Kudos to every individual who sticks by their RP, and allows the possibility of a genuinely beautiful experience.
Kudos to some people IG right now. WOW. Great roleplay. The intelligence, intoxicating and why I return to this game in the end!
Kudos to....gods, don't get me started. I'm drawling the line here in fear of overstepping a line!

Blink

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 04:51:32 PM »
The kudos for 2021 thread (which I will be doing too) prompted me to find a log of an event which took place about two and a half years ago not long after I had come back to the game after a lengthy hiatus.  People were jammed into Red's to see some red robes giving out pins to blue robed templars.  Most of us spent the event on our knees, semi-prostrated before the red robes.

As the event was ending and people started to stand, I saw this amongst all the spam of a crowd:

Rising with a groan, the ochre, deep-chested man rises and stands, using the cover of the applause and crowd to scratch at his kilted crotch.

Kudos to you, oh kilted one.  It's little things like this which keep me enjoying Arm so much.

Barsook

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 08:29:47 AM »
I meant to post here:

Kudos to everyone who made Arm fun in 2020! Let's see what schemes we can do this year!