Worst deaths?

Started by Lotion, August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AM

We've all had our fair share of very bad deaths and the purpose of this thread is to share them so that you can make others feel better about their own.

One of mine: Was impatient resting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

I had enough deaths in the wilds due to running out of stamina. I think those are the worst deaths for me.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Walking one room out of Red Storm in the days of dial-up internet.  Someone picking up the phone downstairs, my connection dropping, and logging back in to the mantis head, having been eaten by a beetle...within touching distance of safety.

The lamest was one which I strongly suspect involved OOC collusion and intentional griefing, but can't prove.  That stuff sucks...wasn't the worst (dial-up beetle won that!), but certainly the lamest.
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

15 or so days played Byn Trooper. First moments of sewer contract. Open slab. D. Fall. Splat. Mantis head.

I have also been killed by my own mount a dozen or so times.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Oh...if we're talking first characters...my first ever character was killed for their newbie coin.  Someone was helping me learn commands in the Gaj, suggested I go to their room to avoid spamming other players with the OOC command...door shut, door locked, combat started, they say 'Welcome to Armageddon', first character dead.

I am rather glad that level of dimwitted douchebaggery doesn't seem to happen anymore. :-\
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Ha, my first death was bad. I finally learnt how to leave and saw a scrab and was like, cool! A little crab! I didn't know how to look at things or fight. So it was just pinching me and I didn't know what was happening..

Other than that.. Was killed in an apartment for being a 'cunt'. I did not like that death for...other reasons. Uppity women really don't live long, hm? ;)

Quote from: WarriorPoet on August 20, 2020, 07:40:35 AM
I have also been killed by my own mount a dozen or so times.

#mulroleplay
#playingamul
[had to strikeout the word roleplay because you can't really roleplay mid-mount death. Which is fine, dying to your own domesticated beast is ludicrous and I wouldn't want to roleplay it even if allowed.]
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

:o
I didn't know there were things that would kill me in 'blank' and died within 20 or so minutes of a special app-ed character's creation. I was pretty pissed that I was so dumb about it too. Like I should have known. Ah well, it was only a special app..  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually my special apps tends to be my most short lived characters..  :-[
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Not sure if this is a "worst death" or not.  But my favorite stupid death was as a new ranger (and my first time as a ranger) typing mount carru trying to tame myself a mount.  It wasn't hostile until that point.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

My very first character joined the Byn. A few days later, the Sarge took a bunch of Runners out on a ride. Mid-ride, the long-lived Ranger PC says "Woah. Don't go south.". Being the curious little newboots that I was, I wanted to l s to see what all the fuss was. Instead, I typed ; s and was rewarded with 0.5 seconds of wondering why I was in a new room, followed by two pages of text and a mantis head.

I still wonder what the rest of the byn must have thought.

Quote from: KittenLicks on August 20, 2020, 11:18:39 AM
My very first character joined the Byn. A few days later, the Sarge took a bunch of Runners out on a ride. Mid-ride, the long-lived Ranger PC says "Woah. Don't go south.". Being the curious little newboots that I was, I wanted to l s to see what all the fuss was. Instead, I typed ; s and was rewarded with 0.5 seconds of wondering why I was in a new room, followed by two pages of text and a mantis head.

I still wonder what the rest of the byn must have thought.

I've experienced similar situations a few times in the Byn. It was mostly an eyeroll "Runners" and ride on situations.

I remember this one time Byn assembled a group to help AoD against some bugs in the wild. As people were gathering at the gates, one of the runners tosses a knife at an AoD Sargeant in front of bunch of AoD and a templar.

He insta dies ofcourse. The templar quirks their brow at Byn Sargeant. The Byn Sargeant just shrugs to the templar and orders aba and patch removed from the corpse. The templar doesn't even say anything. We just ride on. It was hilarious AF.

foraging for food in grasslands
pick up bulbous sac holy grail
a bahamet runs in from the east
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I once walked an entire minor merchant house off a cliff, back when you could do such things. I felt so bad...I also laughed for days.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

>cast 'sul un whira redacted redacted'

Redacted echo

In the air [N, S, W, E, D]
90/90hp 100/110mv 86/96st 64/110man>

You plummet to the ground below....

Deep grey forest [N S, W]
A barb-tailed kryl lurks here silently.
A scythe-handed kryl is here.
67/90hp 100/110mv 4/96st 64/110man>

A barb-tailed kryl attacks you.
A scythe-handed kry attacks you.
A green-shelled kryl flies in from the west.
A green-shelled kryl attacks you.

*two blind scripted attacks later and a grishin needle script then getting torn apart*

_______                                ___
                              /\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(N) Create a new account           -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(C) Connect to your account      ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(D) Documentation menu          \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(X) Exit Armageddon             /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(?) Read menu options           \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
                                /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
                                \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
                                /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
                               / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\
Armageddon is OPEN.
Choose thy fate:

Like, one day played, not too sad, but a shitty way to die.

Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

My favourite and perhaps most ambitious character, Lii*, had a long and troubled existence as a near-mute** DID-afflicted*** Bynner with PTSD. She was a reflection of everything awful and fearful in me (not saying those things are shameful or awful, just that SHE was, starting out), but I didn't make her just depressed or anything dumb like that, I made her resilient and want to survive by any means necessary. She was working her way up the ladder and had just become First Trooper, mapmaker, and master medic, having pioneered the cures for everything (of the commonly known taints) but terradin and heramide at the turn of the new cure code, when everyone was still clueless and you could no longer just mash two seeds together as anyone. She had just had a near death experience with a criminal****, and was feeling unsure of herself and wanted to prove her worth and ability by finalising the curelist with the last two cures and finalising the Byn pathway map between Allanak and Morin's. Her lover and Sergeant, Gore/Gauril, told her to not test the Terradin cures alone because, yknow, duh - but she was really confident because she just got a very very good tip from a trusted medic about a possible cure combination. So she poisoned herself with Terradin. The cure didn't work. She tried the backup cure, which I later learned on another character WAS the correct combination, but it also didn't work (perhaps due to how recent the other cure was taken, and there being a code about processing cures or something). I checked who - 12 players. Nobody in the compound. So I just emoted some resignation of her fate, played solo into it being alright due to her more recent contemplations over mortality and self, then... Snap.

Awful, preventable, stupid death - and one I cried over IRL for daaaays. But it made sense for her story to just... Let it happen.

* (also known as Lirael, Lira, Blaze, and a number of other names)
** (couldn't speak without extreme pain, but forced herself to a few times in times of trouble)
*** (Never really revealed to anyone, because I keep that stuff a bit close to the chest to avoid '''cringe''')
**** (Actually died due to outdated crimcode bug the player knowingly exploited against her, but was revived because it was severely unintended)
Lizard time.

....I'd have just headed to the Byn mess hall and would've forcefed myself scrabloaf untill it stopped.
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

Quote from: mirk_o_loio on September 11, 2020, 09:36:57 AM
....I'd have just headed to the Byn mess hall and would've forcefed myself scrabloaf untill it stopped.

Ooooh putting this in my pocket for future use and if overeating doesn't in fact cure terradin you can expect a post from me in a year here.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on September 11, 2020, 05:46:05 AM
My favourite and perhaps most ambitious character, Lii*, had a long and troubled existence as a near-mute** DID-afflicted*** Bynner with PTSD. She was a reflection of everything awful and fearful in me (not saying those things are shameful or awful, just that SHE was, starting out), but I didn't make her just depressed or anything dumb like that, I made her resilient and want to survive by any means necessary. She was working her way up the ladder and had just become First Trooper, mapmaker, and master medic, having pioneered the cures for everything (of the commonly known taints) but terradin and heramide at the turn of the new cure code, when everyone was still clueless and you could no longer just mash two seeds together as anyone. She had just had a near death experience with a criminal****, and was feeling unsure of herself and wanted to prove her worth and ability by finalising the curelist with the last two cures and finalising the Byn pathway map between Allanak and Morin's. Her lover and Sergeant, Gore/Gauril, told her to not test the Terradin cures alone because, yknow, duh - but she was really confident because she just got a very very good tip from a trusted medic about a possible cure combination. So she poisoned herself with Terradin. The cure didn't work. She tried the backup cure, which I later learned on another character WAS the correct combination, but it also didn't work (perhaps due to how recent the other cure was taken, and there being a code about processing cures or something). I checked who - 12 players. Nobody in the compound. So I just emoted some resignation of her fate, played solo into it being alright due to her more recent contemplations over mortality and self, then... Snap.

Awful, preventable, stupid death - and one I cried over IRL for daaaays. But it made sense for her story to just... Let it happen.

** (couldn't speak without extreme pain, but forced herself to a few times in times of trouble)
*** (Never really revealed to anyone, because I keep that stuff a bit close to the chest to avoid '''cringe''')
**** (Actually died due to outdated crimcode bug the player knowingly exploited against her, but was revived because it was severely unintended)

Gore was so sad over this. Lii was part of the reason playing that Byn Sergeant was so fun, honestly.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Posted this one before but.....

Like 40 day played half-giant warrior beats on dujats at the silt sea for fun.  Beat one up, skin it, mount up....partner asks a questions and I answer.

Then I don't recognize that my fingers aren't on the home row and type "w"....which turns out to be "s" into deep silt.

Beep

Nearly forgot this one.  Mantis invasion into the Red and I'm on the way to Nak with a different 40 day half-giant (ranger this time) and some guy says "Let's go clean up on all the stuff."  So I go and decide to check out a {redacted location} along the way (before the toss command).  Yes, six or so mantis waiting for me.  I yell for help, look outside and both the other guy and my mount are gone.

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on September 11, 2020, 05:46:05 AM

I remember this story being told to me by the player *not saying who* that introduced me to arm. I thought it was really sad but made a lot of sense.

Edit: I posted this on my clan alt like a retard but whatever.
This is a clan alt gdb account.

Lii's death made me sad to read about in the rumor topic the next time I joined the Byn. I'd had a character in the Byn for her run, but not when it happened.

It was especially sad that like right after was Gore just sort of, breaking down, handing in his Sergeant patch and just... leaving. If I remember right.

Tl;dr version of my worst death: I forgot to draw my weapons.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

One of my first characters, a Kuraci elf who'd made Sergeant and gained access to a unique fighting style that a certain yellow mul's player had created and gotten scripted, who'd survived a long run home fighting oddles of gith and other cool things, died one hot day to the thirst code, because I played too much and fell asleep at the keyboard outside in the fort.

Without doubt, my worst death.

I can't think of any other death that I was completely disappointed with, although when my Tor Noble died I really lost a drive to play for several years, but that was probably due more to being a grownup and being forced to do admit how much time I spent playing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

November 18, 2020, 09:25:27 AM #24 Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:00:47 AM by triste
I used to whine about deaths a lot because my characters die a lot. I have so many bad deaths, I am going to give you my best worst death.

My character, a sponsored role who magically managed to piss off every clan in the game within a week of me playing this character, is sitting in the Gaj. A room echo issues about a certain famed Gladiator entering the Gaj and crowds of people flooding in with the procession, and I think, "Oh fun, an animation, staff are around."

SCHLUCK. My character gets stabbed in the back, right then, while sitting in the middle of the Gaj. She falls over dying right in front of said Gladiator. Mantis Head.

I have never played a leader role since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBNOQM6GBM

steph curry my ass

Edit/Disclaimer: Not implying staff PKed me, just saying they definitely saw how much of a shit show that was.