Author Topic: The Estate [forum game]  (Read 1149 times)

Is Friday

The Estate [forum game]
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:58:59 PM »
The auspicious role calls of ArmageddonMUD have historically been rife with favoritism. Therefore, in the distant future of 2021 (post-apocalypse) there is a new procedure for accepting noble PC applicants. In order to reduce on staff workload there has been appointed a member known as The Hostess With The Mostest. Instead of reviewing applications and simply getting what you get, noble PCs now duke it out in an arena/gameshow style event on the test server. The winners are allowed to generate their application in the game.

Welcome to...

The Estate

Rules:
1.) Obey the Hostess with the Mostest at all times. Disobedience results in gettin' Cuddled.
2.) Complete challenges to earn points. Each round will result in the bottom two contestants competing to the death in a separate challenge.
3.) Scheme, politick, slander, flirt, and do everything except be outwardly violent toward one another outside the confines of approved challenges when specifically allowed.
4.) The goal is to have fun, learn new ways to interact with each other, and HAVE FUN. Oh -- and your noble is probably going to die.
5.) Post a full character bio complete with picture to register your noble for the gameshow!
6.) Once we have 9 noble players (first come, first serve -- might start with less than 9 if no interest) then we'll begin with the Hostess (me) setting the scene for everyone to begin play-by-post.

Hostess Friday (with the Mostess)

OOC: Reminder not to power emote each other, etc. But I'll be a referee for anything considered poor form.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:04:50 PM by Is Friday »
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

triste

Re: The Estate [forum game]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:16:43 PM »
I want in.

Credentials:
- Has applied to noble roles 6ish times but never got a role.
- Once had an application for a noble role rejected 40 minutes after submitting.
- Has never played an aide, but has PKed an aide.

Name: Rhue Oash

Image credit guri_gom
Notorious for her past as a lush and elf-kanker, Rhue Oash has recently taken a vow of sobriety that was more or less imposed on her with the threat that if she does not comply, she will be disowned or killed outright. All Rhue knows is it's been four days, she needs a drink, and she wonders why her hands keep shaking. Talents include doing the bare minimum amount of work needed to manage the affairs of her estate, expertise and love of wine, and falling for the guile of elves as she finds their wit enchanting.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:35:06 PM by triste »
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

You can choose to be strong or you can choose to be weak.

Is Friday

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 01:17:52 PM »
I want in.

Credentials:
- Has applied to noble roles 6ish times but never got a role.
- Once had an application for a noble role rejected 40 minutes after submitting.
- Has never played an aide, but has PKed an aide.
Edit your post with your character's bio and picture.

Edit of my own, for everyone: Also please note that this game won't be an avenue or road to air grievances about current PCs. It's just a fun game show thread.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 01:24:52 PM by Is Friday »

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 01:27:07 PM »
I kill Is Friday.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

mansa

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »
Name: Lord Karleon Kasix
Class: Miscreant
Subclass: Apothecary
Sdesc: the brown-haired, six-fingered man
Mdesc:
This brown-haired man has olive-colored skin.  His height is just slightly above
average for a human, and is a bit overweight.  His trimmed hair appears well
groomed, slicked back, and his chin bears a goatee.  His squinty eyes are brown,
and has a roman nose.  He has six fingers on each hand.

Bio Entry 1:
Lord Karleton Kasix has was born under contract to a Lady Allie Kasix and Lord
Snoppsie Jal, he lived most of his childhood not ever seeing his father or being
bothered to visit his mother. Aides would take care of his childish needs, and he
quickly learned at they would do anything he asks for fear of death.  This lack
of authority figures in his life, and the immediate gratification of being a
noble has turned him cruel towards all commoners and other nobles themselves.

Eventually, when given some authority towards some garbage-handling slaves, he
stopped feeding them and forced them to work, interested in how long they could
last before dying.  This went on for a few years, with him experimenting with
how long a slave can live, and what makes them give up on life.

Bio Entry 2:
Since Lord Karleton Kasix had a cruel streak, all of the projects he was put on
eventually failed, due to the slaves ordered on the job dying from a variety of
ways.  He eventually paired up with the houses's master of assassins, trying to
learn as much as he could about poisons and other interesting ways that humanoids
could die.  He even tried to construct a pain device, but nobody survived it to
tell him how well it worked.

Personality Traits:
Likes blood and poisons, and seeing people die.  He is cruel and selfish.

Ideals:
Being a noble is a godking-given right, and he is above all laws.

Bonds:
He wants to discover what makes living beings alive.

Flaws:
He thinks he's going to live forever, and people adore him.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:37:28 PM by mansa »
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Pew Pew

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 12:39:20 PM »
God I wish this was real IC.

Gentleboy

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 02:03:38 PM »
My character

Lord Karlaton Kasix, the evil twin of mansa's who no one minds..but also doesn't seek out. The more mild brother.

mansa

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 02:30:36 PM »
You need to follow the instructions, Gentleboy.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

BadSkeelz

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 10:33:30 PM »
Name Lord Natazeksafen Tor
Class: Fighter
Subclass: Majordomo
Mdesc: Some shit you're not gonna read until the 3rd mudsex session anyway

Lord Natazeksafen is as well known for his sense of propriety as he is for his mustache.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

DesertT

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 01:35:36 PM »
Name:  Marcus Salt  (Jal Recognized Bastard)
Class:  Scout
Subclass:  Master Armorsmith
sdesc:  the roguish, scruffy-looking man
mdesc:  see below picture

Previously unrecognized, Marcus spent eight years in the Byn working on learning how to handle himself both with a weapon and in the wild beyond the walls, making his way up to Trooper then First Trooper.  He then re-joined House Jal as a Swab, working his way up to Foreman eventually after about a decade.  As Foreman, he has proved himself to House Jal and was awarded with Recognition.  This stint in "The Estate" is to determine if he has what it takes to shake free of his semi-crude mercenary attitude which previously has served him so effectively both in the Byn and as being a relatable Foreman to his Swabs.

Vices include a bit of Thodeliv, the occasional game of Kruth, a good mix of brawling and drinking.  Marcus can hold his liquor like a champ but not necessarily his coin pouch or his tongue.  And while being completely respectful to nobles in public, he has slipped a bit with interesting remarks when partaking a bit too much, though this is typically around commoners and not highborn.  He finds that alcohol helps him relax around true highborn.

Though he does recognize that his House is one of the third tier Houses, he takes pride in the fact that Jal is a "working house" and doesn't mind the smell as often as he should.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Lotion

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 02:12:46 PM »
name:
Mutemusi (MU-te-MU-si)

(yes I edited a picture of an anime in character in gimp)

sdesc:
the haughtily flamboyant human

tdesc:
Depends on the day. Might wear a binder and a codpiede, might wear a codpiece no binder, et cetera.

background:
Two things matter: devotion to the Highlord and being well dressed. Born to house Fale where they had access to a very well stocked costume closet there was no better way for Mutemusi to quickly master both of these aspects. As a Fale it was encouraged to dress up all the time, even at at Templar School where they were quickly expelled from for various antics. After barely surviving the Atrium Mutemusi has been able to act more proper although this facade easily melts away at a sufficiently large or interesting social gathering away from the eyes of commoners.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 04:23:52 AM by Lotion »
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Is Friday

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »
Bastards are not allowed. This is a Noble game show.

Lotion

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 04:24:04 AM »
Updated Mutemusi
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

triste

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »
Is this thing going to get off the ground? My noble is ready to kank some elves #winning
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

Gentleboy

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »
Name: Kuritine Sath
Class: Fence
Subclass: Swordsman
sdesc: the gracile, weathered woman

mdesc: Imagine a hotter younger Ezma from The Emperor's New Groove. But Middle Eastern and not gray/blue.

Background:  Is known about the city as a shrewd and intolerant woman. She once wrote a book about kanking and didn't use any sexual terms. She once read a book aloud at a party for nobles only on the fermentation process. She is both the old man puppets from the muppets glued together to make a grouchy old woman.

Is Friday

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
Waiting on a couple more.

triste

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:22 AM »
What ever happened to/with this.

Maso

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2021, 05:13:30 AM »
I want to do one!
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

triste

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2021, 05:21:06 AM »
All I know is I win by default because I was making jokes about nobles inappropriately mudsexxing elves months before it hit Arm memes.

oh fuck i /am/ the meme

Is Friday

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27:09 PM »