Thow weapon watched

Started by Dresan, June 05, 2020, 08:31:25 PM

I would like for 'watched' to be a valid argument for throw and shoot.

For example:
throw knife watched
Shoot watched

In which case if you are watching your target, you will attempt to throw or shoot your watched target in whatever direction they may be without any additional parameters required.

Nice idea.
Additionally, there should be a 'ranged' version of threaten. Where you fire if someone tries to make any sudden movements.

Overall good idea, though I think it could be improved by just allowing some kind of "watched" noun to be used in any command where you can target a living thing.

This would be cool. There's normally a delay before throwing but I'd imagine the "taking aim" at your target bit which makes up most of the delay can probably be absorbed by the threaten delay.

It could be as simple as `threaten <sucker> throw` when you have a throwing weapon held or `threaten <sucker> shoot` with a bow+arrow or crossbow... probably taking ep over es in the case that you have both.

I'd imagine that the watched keyword could easily have a weird interaction with guard and maybe also chase/follow if it isn't carefully coded.

To watch something is having eyes on your 'foe' in turn to have eyes on something before you,
'throw foe' on some target. Would also like to see distance and time as a factor in loosing that target you are watching. Have had a PC watching for another PC for days, something only Master Watch should have, IMO.