War Beetles

Started by Bushranger, November 06, 2003, 03:02:37 AM

This might be an odd question to ask, but what do war beetles eat and what do they like best?

I assume they eat meat, like many of the large Zalanthas beetles do, but can they also eat things like plants? I am asking this because my character is currently training his beetle and I'd like to know what treat I should be offering when it does something exceptionally well.

Perhaps they are addicted to spice? That would be interesting!

The Bushranger
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Aww. Thats so cute.

Warbeetles are probably carniverous. I might look around the area for any prey-type animals that are in thier native habitat. Chances are, they like to eat those. I imagine they could also be scavengers, though, or even some sort of predatory omnivore - constantly seeking out and eating whatever they can get thier jaws around.

The other (preferred) option might be to explore in-game, and see what treats your warbeetle likes to eat the best.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Ooohhhh...scavengers...I haven't seen any...so there might be some...wouldn't it be cool if there were some beasts that were purely scavengers in Arm?
Only feed off dead stuff...anything living wasn't even an option for food.

Quote from: "Anonymous"wouldn't it be cool if there were some beasts that were purely scavengers in Arm?
Only feed off dead stuff...anything living wasn't even an option for food.

If this was true, you couldn't leave the gates without encountering these carnivorous beasts, because of the amount of meat that shows up beyond city gates all the time. :mrgreen:

In some parts of the world, there -are- creatures that are strictly scavengers.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Tlaloc"In some parts of the world, there -are- creatures that are strictly scavengers.
Such as Tek's Tower :P

I hear the 'rinth is also full of them *evil grin*
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

If something doesnt attack you on sight its probably a scavenger or herbivore. Like a gurth is too small, slow and docile to hunt. So it probably scavenges on things it finds, or tends to eat roots and things.

A war beetle's favorite food is bone and obsidian, because they eat weapons by everyone when a wild beetle comes in the room. ;)
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]