change ldesc and furniture

Started by Kyviantre, May 24, 2020, 03:35:39 PM

In all my years of on and off playing Arm, I never realised that changing your ldesc only shows to you...when you're sitting/standing/resting at a furniture item.

I've been using this to describe -how- I'm sitting/leaning/flopped/etc all this time!

Any chance it could take priority over the auto ldesc?  RP game and all, offering up some on-sight context for these things when entering a room is a very useful thing!

(...still amazed it doesn't do that already, mind blown!)
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

+1
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I learned this a long time ago, on Creek, when I would sit on a chair out front of the Sanctuary, and people thought I was sitting in the road. The chair ldesc would say 'leaning against the wall of the tavern', my change ldesc would reflect that, but nobody would ever ever know.

I think at some point, I started ldescing the chair, and just standing with ldesc about being ON the chair... though that made the chair vulnerable.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Kyviantre on May 24, 2020, 03:35:39 PM
In all my years of on and off playing Arm, I never realised that changing your ldesc only shows to you...when you're sitting/standing/resting at a furniture item.

I've been using this to describe -how- I'm sitting/leaning/flopped/etc all this time!

Any chance it could take priority over the auto ldesc?  RP game and all, offering up some on-sight context for these things when entering a room is a very useful thing!

(...still amazed it doesn't do that already, mind blown!)

Oh, wow...  Yikes!  This is a little embarrassing, then.  Thanks for the info, K.!
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."