Out of the loop

Started by Rakuza, April 20, 2020, 10:01:54 AM

I am not technically a new player, but I played from 2005 to about 2009 pretty religiously. However, I have an affection for the devil's lettuce and after logging back in I'm pretty much starting from scratch, with no knowledge of the new landscape. I had an old character I plan to play just to get my chops up again and I logged them out in a Tuluk apartment back in 2013. Now they're in some tavern called The Gibbet. It has Tuluki boards but I thought Tuluk was gone? Where in the known am I? LOL

Morin's village.

It's immediately to the east of Tuluk, up in the forest. In theory it's under Tuluk's control.

Quote from: Narf on April 20, 2020, 10:56:00 AM
Morin's village.

It's immediately to the east of Tuluk, up in the forest. In theory it's under Tuluk's control.

It's actually to the west of Tuluk.  :-)

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Morin's%20Village

That will give you some info on Morin's.  Though it's a little out of date since Tuluk closed, it will give you a feel for the village.

I would suggest though that you might want to just jump in and make a new character since your old PC is likely unplayable being what?  80 years old or so?

They are 81, and I'm having fun playing an old demented bat at the moment. I can't hardly cary the clothes they're wearing though! lol

Thank you for the info Narf and Blink.

That sounds really fun!   ;D

Playing that elderly character might be a good idea in any case, to help get yourself acquainted with the world and uh.. basic commands again.

Quote from: Rakuza on April 20, 2020, 12:42:25 PM
They are 81, and I'm having fun playing an old demented bat at the moment. I can't hardly cary the clothes they're wearing though! lol

Thank you for the info Narf and Blink.

This does sound pretty fun.

If you want more information on just how Tuluk closed, you can read up here:

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/The%20Closing%20of%20Tuluk

Never underestimate the fun to be had with an old codger that doesn't give a flip. I know I enjoyed mine. :)