submitting stufff

Started by bjggfjgf, November 05, 2003, 03:22:37 AM

Where the heck do I go to submit stuff?, like armor???, I cant find the stupid page!!!!!!!!!! aaargggh!!!! where is it??????????? :cry:

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/current.html

You may also want to check this link out to see what is needed as well.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

How up to date is that, Spawnloser?

Does anybody know? I don't think I've seen that page change once during my entire Arm career...
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I'm not Spawnloser, but I'm electing to answer.
Last I heard, it was quite out of date.  I think Sanvean said she was having trouble logging in to edit it, and she would when she could.  

The things that still seem to be in the highest demand are NPCs for Tuluk.

Anyhow, bjggfjgf, just follow the guidelines and instructions on the link I posted if you want to submit items or anything else.  It'll tell you where you email it to, and how to write it up proper-like.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

All the stuff listed on that web site is probably stuff they will always take.  It is pretty generic stuff that can always be added.  In fact, I have found them open to almost anything you can offer up so long as it is well done, within the theme, and doesn't require a massive amount of coding.  Writing up a proposal for a new combat system is probably not going to go too far simply due to the massive amount of code involved, but writing up a some rooms, some NPCs, or some trade skill items where there is a gap is general favorably accepted.  For instance, in Allanak there is an awesome tenement building and slaughter house.  I believe (and if I am giving credit to the wrong person, forgive me) those were both player submissions that the staff implemented.  In fact, if you get the Armageddon news letter you will see that they implement at times literally hundreds of player created items.

If you want to submit something, I would suggest the following.  If it is simple, just submit it.  So, if you want to suggest a type of knife that could be made out of an obsidian shard, just go ahead and submit it.  It is a pretty simply project that just requires you to write up the knife object and the crafting of it.  If on the other hand you want to do something that is more involved, like add a building to a city or something that is going to take some time and effort on your part, I would suggest running it past them first, just so that you don't put a lot of hard work in only to get it rejected for one reason or another.  So, if you wanted to submit a tenement building in the North, you might write up a room description or two following the guidelines that you think gives the 'feel' of your creation, ask if they would be interested in you continuing it, then if they accept it finishing it off.

Just be sure that if you do submit something you are complete about it.  The more you make them fill in, the less likely they are to do it.  Spell check it, read it over a few times, and make sure you follow the format they want it in.  Generally, if you do these things and your submission is decently written I have found the staff to be very receptive to player submissions.  Of all the things I have sent in, I think only one of them ever got flat out rejected, and they provided a good reason why they thought it would not be appropriate for the game.  Besides, it is just damned cool to see someone strutting around with a tattoo or set of armor you sent in.

Quote from: "slipshod"
The things that still seem to be in the highest demand are NPCs for Tuluk.

Does anyone know if these still go to Laeris or is that out of date?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Laeris is retired.  I'd just send any NPCs to the imm in charge of the area that they're going in.

You probably want Naephet {+Myrdryn|Vendyra|Raesnos} with cc:mud@.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Oops...okay, thank you.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House