QOL: Karma Regen

Started by LindseyBalboa, January 21, 2020, 01:53:23 PM

January 21, 2020, 01:53:23 PM Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:55:56 PM by LindseyBalboa
Could the karma regeneration display upon logging in be changed to show the hours left if it is less than 1 day? As of now it just says you have 0 karma with no indicator of regeneration. Thanks!
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

* casts raise dead GDB thread *

+1 to this. Experience is still buggy when you are in the 0-1 day regen range.

Also can we consider totally revamping karma regen. Like, revamping it completely. I still have trouble committing to 0 karma throwaway characters due to the concept of lost opportunity cost when I sit on unused karma. I think the newish karma regeneration mechanic is ironically having the opposite of the intended effect for me: it makes me commit less to mundane characters, it makes karma more of a factor in my roleplay choices and restricts creativity. This is because karma is now scarce and regenerating: I know other players might be reacting to karma regen as well. Example, I repeatedly see players get burned by the early death of karma-cost characters, they submit a bunch of requests, cry, complain privately and/or publicly. It happens over and over again! I don't think a single person here loves the feeling of that particular burning hot poker going up your [redacted]; the purported benefits of karma regeneration, meanwhile, are completely intangible compared to that very tangible butthurt.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

and since I am being a pain in the ass and just spouting off my high-deas, one thing I considered here is that we could still honor the intent of karma regen by keeping it as is, but maybe letting you spend it on living characters for some tiny, incredibly nominal perk, like a bump to a skill cap. It would allow me to play 0 karma mundanes and get hooked into plots as those characters without always thinking "Damn, these plots and the characters I am around are great, but I am playing this weak ass scrub when I could be a nilazi assassin or some shit." If I could spend karma points on a living character [up to some limit], playing a mundane would be less of a self-imposed penalization in terms of skills/mechanics.

And yes, please fix what the Original Poster mentioned because [for aforementioned reasons] I check that shit when my karma is about to regen and currently the experience is buggy.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/

actually nvm disregard my whining, staff recently changed the regen rules to make 1 karma mundane subguilds not cost anything and that was good and a change in the right direction.