tiredness

Started by bobsmellypants, November 04, 2003, 01:19:04 AM

I think there should be something that happens to you if you dont sleep,example this should happen eventually: temorary decrease in skills (you can do much if your tired) moving in wrong directions (like loosing your bearings) perhaps even slurred speach.

I just thought it would be something to roleplay on,I know you can just roleplay being tired but it would be nice if you knewwhen you were tired, also there are lots of nebies and twinks that dont roleplay sleep, so I thought it would be a nice idea (even thought all my ideas suck).

I honestly don't have a problem with my character doing most of his sleeping while I'm logged off.  While perhaps more realistic than having characters doing stuff for several days in a row, I don't think it makes the game better to force it.

Realism > Playability

I appreciate the sentiment, but I really don't want to be forced to sleep during my recreational time online playing a mud.

I agree, as fun as it is to RP sleeping once in awhile when I dont feel like typing It would be a drag to -have- to sleep a RL hour now and then.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Indeed.

To get an example of why forced sleep sucks when you're trying to play a game, telnet to tdome.net 5555

"Just cause something has always been implemented poorly so far, doesn't mean it always has to be implemented poorly" - Someone on TMS

One way to implement it well, would be to take into account how long you spend logged off (it keeps track of that already) and have that contribute to your sleeping. Although that'd only screw up those annoying addicts that play 24/7

My point was agreement with the above folks.  Any way you slice it, it sucks to be penalized for playing.

< 12H 100M 121V >
Yawn.... Perhaps it is time for a nap?
A stick of jerky spoils in your hands.
(Advice) Players need to SLEEP periodically to regenerate Hit, Move and Mana.

< 12H 100M 121V > score
Your aim sucks so bad, you might as well quit out now!!
You're a fucking pussy!
Rabbits could get through that armor.
You are an Asian citizen of Tek Angeles.
You are neutral... how boring.
You need 1499 exp to level.
You have been playing for 0 days and 0 hours.
You are standing.
You have been awake 24 hours +. You REALLY need some sleep.

[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] hit  12
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] mana 100
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] move 121  

< 12H 100M 121V > time
Late afternoon is usually your nap time

< 12H 100M 121V > jump
A fall through the air

You fall for a while... then you remember that you forgot to put on the
parachute. Welp... too late now. Use your head next time, stupid!

Later punk...

The sad thing was - I thought Flaming Ocotillo was making that up to be funny.  Then I actually did the telnet.  That's an EXACT log.

All I have to say otherwise - I do not log in to have to sleep.  Thats just lame.  If I was forced to sleep, I simply wouldn't log in any more.  I play to have fun and do what I want to do with my character not to sleep.

We already have sleep integrated, it is just not annoying or constant.  You can't regain that last little bit of staminia and become fully rested without sleeping.  If you get the shit kicked out of you, then you need some good, solid rest to heal.  Plenty of people will voluntarily sleep on a regular basis, especially if they have a fairly safe place to sleep, but it isn't something everyone wants to RP.  I would prefer actual sleep to RP sleep.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

TDome: Yeah, the sad thing is that the mud used to rock.  It was one of the coolest H&S muds at one time with some very unique mobs, areas and skills.

Unfortunately, the IMMs gobbled it up and took a giant dump and that became TDome 2.0 (though, technically, they put in a bunch of the horrible stuff like forced sleep before that).  Anyway, what was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, sleep.  The stuff I should get more of in RL, not to mention Arm.

See, the thing is that inhabitants of Zalanthas have really weird sleeping habits.  They stay away for days at a time, then sleep for days at a time.  So it all balances out ;)