HRPTS Rants and Posting in general

Started by Barzalene, November 03, 2003, 10:08:02 AM

Yesterday there was some criticism of an event that took a lot of work on the part of the staff. I and some others who spoke with me felt that the criticism had a particularly ungrateful tone. When I woke this morning I was still thinking of it and I had a point I'd like to raise.

First, the staff, who are in general a great bunch of grown up are very tolerant of feedback. And I don't think there is anything wrong with constructive criticism in general. I don't think they think so either. With that in mind, there is something to be said for thinking before posting. There are both positive and negative ways to make your point. If you didn't have fun and see a change that could make a difference you should certainly say so. But why not voice those complaints in a way that doesn't stomp on a group of people's hard work?

In other words think first, and post second.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I absolutely agree with Bestatte/CindyLou in this matter. Additionally, flawed or not, the HRPT was an world-changing event.

Keep this in mind, if for no other eason than to perhaps ice your hurt feelings. You participated in a historical event. That is enough. Crashs happen, BS happens, and nothing will ever be perfect.

I have a good friend who was a tad annoyed about the events of the HRPT. But I pointed out some of the more obvious things about it, such as, ICly, no one -really- got screwed. Not many folks died where I was at. We were able to actually -play-.

I wish to thank the IMMs for a job well done. I had fun. Maybe next time I can get a +5 sword of lighting power and invisibility, but....that's next time, eh?

All in all, those who didn't like the HRPT can kiss my ass. It was gangster. It was important. It was Armageddon.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

CindyLou, who is currently under heavy sedation, thinks you all suck, especially AC.

I, being the more benevolent of the duo, think the HRPT was awesome.  I have only one hesitant less-than-pleasant bit of feedback, but maybe I'm jumping the gun. The "end" of the HRPT where my character was, seemed a little anti-climactic. Maybe because I have no idea what prompted certain things to show up in the first place. But it's possible that it's only the beginning of something completely neato, so I'll continue to hesitate on that til I learn more (if I learn more).

Other than that, I was wowed by the rich RP, and the presentation of the situation by the staff.

Oh and I think Venomz sucks, so in that, CindyLou and I actually agree. :) :) :) <-- note the smiley faces OKAY?

I, for one, think it was awesome to have actually lived through an event like that.

I'm just having a hard time not falling back into the 'things as usual' routine.  But maybe that's because my PC mostly saw the aftermath being a firm believer in discretion being the better part of valour.