Just some questions involving syntax

Started by Newbie, November 03, 2003, 01:24:02 AM

I have two pouches that look exactly the same, how can I look in the other one?, I tried look .2 pouch and pouch .2 but they didnt work.

Also I brought some arrows and they said they were wrapped in twine, in the desc it said it should be cut but again I dont know the syntax.

please help.

The problem with your pouch syntax is that it should be '2.pouch' instead of '.2 pouch' or 'pouch.2'

The bundles aren't something you'd normally run across (or at least I haven't), but the syntax for that is 'open bundle' and viola - instant arrows.

Hope that helped.

Cheers

And how do I offer something to a merchant if there are two of them like offer (something) (word in merchants sdesc), I tried that and it doesnt work.

Use the item number instead of a keyword.

>list old

The old man is offering...

01) A knife
02) a big knife
03) A fucking sick knife

>view knife

It's a knife

>view 2.knife

The old man is not carrying anything by that name.

>view #02

That's a big knife

>view #03

That's one holy hell of a knife.

>view #01

It's a knife.

I hope my example didn't suck too hard to convey what I was trying to say.

If I'm reading you right, you want to offer the second (identical?) item?

then:  offer 2.item [money].  Read the helpfiles.  
http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?offer
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I think I read that wrong, my apologies. I thought you meant you wanted to get a second item with the same keyword from a merchant.

your both wrong!  :P , sorry for being unclear but I ment that I want to sell something to the other merchant but everytime I type offer rope rough it says the blue cocked woman says "I dont buy that ya fekin idiot".

Ah. You see, that because she doesn't buy that, you fekin idiot.  :wink:

Not all merchants buy everything. If you're selling a length of rope, go to a rope merchant. If you're trying to unload some excess food, go to a grocer. If you want to trade in your trusty sword, go to a Salaar shop. There a few pawnshop/junk dealer type places that will buy most everything, but for the most part, the shops in game are specialized areas, and you'll have a hard time convincing a tailor they need a silt-horror breastplate in their shop.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

No you dont get it I have a sword I wanna sell there a bitch selling spice but she doesnt buy it, then theres a dood with lotsa weapons, how the hell to I offer my sword for his money it allways say the bitch that sells spice doesnt buy my sword.

haha. I get you now. Here's an example to help people who know more about this then I do.

QuoteThe bazaar

People are moving about. There are lots of tents and stuff.
A scragy old women is here on a piece of cloth
A burly young man is here with a backpack on his back trying to sell swords.

> list

A scragy old women is selling:
1> A dingy pipe
2> A good pipe
3> a pipe made of gold

> offer sword

A scragy old women says
"I don't buy that ya feckin' idiot"

list young

A burly young man is selling:
1> An eating knife
2> A blunt dagger
3> An obsidian sword
4> A golden sword

> offer sword young

A scragy old women says
"I don't buy that you feckin' idiot"
What you want to do is sell it to the burly young man, but no matter what you type it keeps defaulting to a scragy old woman who abuses you.

AFAIK this is a freakin' annoying code limitation and there is no way to target a burly young man. If the merchant your trying to target moves from room to room, wait till he moves to another room and try again ;)

If the merchant you want doesn't move, but the code keeps defaulting to a merchant that does move, wait till the merchant who moves leaves so you can sell it to the non-moving merchant.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can provide more help :)[/quote]

I don't think there is a target variable for offer. Therefore you can't offer sword sworddealer. At least not in anyway I've seen you have to wait untill they move.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Now that I know the situation, I was under the impression that you could "offer sworddealler sword 100", or at least that's how I thought it worked out for me last time I ran into this problem.