the tzai byn (I think thats how its spelt)

Started by blobman fat, November 03, 2003, 12:38:27 AM

Whenevr I join the byn all I do is sit at the mess hall eating, as there arent allways very many people about, thus I get bored of the byn get an extra loaf of bread and leave then try my luck at hunting for a while until I die....(pretty stupid I know but yeah.

All I can say is stir stuff up, nobody gonna try and kil you if you dont pis them off. Having assasins on your tail is oodles of fun. So so get drunk and puke on a noble by accident

don't expect to live. but its FUN! And one thing I learned about arm, is that you make the fun. Unless your superiors are good at it. But it sounds like they are not.  :P
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

then dont join the byn...

On a side note, I'm more then a little confused. Its not really a discussion, or even on code for that matter. Just seemed to be an opinion and an explanation of possible actions you've taken in the past.

Maybe move it to... General Clan Discussion?

Topic moved to Genneral Discussion.

Not knowing who you are, or which characters you're playing/have played I can only really give this following feedback (which might be the same as if I did know, depending):

1) If all you are doing is sitting around and eating in the Mess Hall, then either A) You are not following the posted Byn schedule when you log in, and aren't reporting for your posted duties (where you can usually find several PC's to interact with); B) You aren't logging in for long enough...instead, you are logging in, looking around, finding no PC"s, and logging out because you don't "See anyone there."; C) You haven't given us your name, so we can add you to the Byn Forum, and you are missing RPTs; or D) Playing during non-peak hours.

I can't do much for D, unfortunately. You can email Raesanos and myself with your character name and account name, and we can look into the situation and find out exactly what is going on. I suggest that you do this anyway, regardless of weather or not think you're logging in during off-peak hours (assuming you want the problem solved).

As for A: the schedule posted on the boards and in the clan documentation is there not only to give Runners and Troopers menial boring tasks to do all day, but are also there to serve as a way for people to meet and interact as they work towards those menial, boring tasks ;). Additionally, its usually fairly traditional for the Byn to get out of the compound after hours, and go hit the bars. I suggest that when in Rome, you do what the Romans do: Do you chores when you're supposed to, and go "have fun" when you're supposed to, and theres a good chance you'll start meeting more Bynners.

As for B: Theres a chance you just have had a string of Bad luck, or your typical login time synchs up with a low-point in the Byn. If you stick around longer (and go to all the places you're supposed to), theres a good chance you'll run into some people.

And C: Obviously, if you haven't logged onto the Byn page, you won't know if theres something special going on when you log in, or not. You might consider doing this, if you feel like...knowing whats going on. Sometimes its posted on the IC boards...but othertimes, it just gets missed.

Feel free to ask any questions that come up, and you can always email me at tlaloc@ginka.armageddon.org if you have anything else.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend