Mount Races

Started by Cerelum, May 26, 2019, 12:24:39 PM

I got to thinking, what are the mount races?

War beetle for example.  Are they simply black beetles that are domesticated?

All the different colors and flavors, just different colors and hues according to natural selection?

Reason I'm curious is because if we get the war beetles from the world and domesticate them, why aren't they just randomly out there, like in some areas Inix are and other tamable mounts?

Quote from: Cerelum on May 26, 2019, 12:24:39 PM
I got to thinking, what are the mount races?

War beetle for example.  Are they simply black beetles that are domesticated?

All the different colors and flavors, just different colors and hues according to natural selection?

Reason I'm curious is because if we get the war beetles from the world and domesticate them, why aren't they just randomly out there, like in some areas Inix are and other tamable mounts?

Interestingly enough drov beetles and war beetles have the same skin table IIRC which by assumption would mean that they are indeed the same race.

Having owned a war beetle that was basically a drov beetle in appearance (And definitely roleplayed-temperment), yeah. Drov beetles are pretty much the wild boars to "war" beetles' domesticated pig.

Reindeer and caribou are the exact same creature. The only difference it reindeer are domesticated and can be tied to a cart and made to trot and caribou cannot and will not comply to this. It makes sense to me that the drov beetles (in most cases) can't be domesticated because insects don't really seem intelligent enough in the same way a lizard or bird is to cooperate unless you were teaching them to do it straight out of the egg. Perhaps it's some Borsail fuckery that allows for it to work, honestly.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.