Animal Logic - Let's make it better.

Started by Cerelum, April 20, 2019, 10:51:15 AM

Quote from: Vex on April 25, 2019, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: Cerelum on April 25, 2019, 04:11:47 PM
Which totally may be a feature and not a bug, but if so I think we need some faster mounts.

Everyone uses beetles, because beetles last longest when traveling (usually). They're not very fast, though...

If you want other benefits, consider other mounts and the benefits they have... such as the noble, speedy erdlu.

Inix are significantly faster than beetle as well, and you don't have to sacrifice so much distance as when you take an erdlu.

Erdlu are S tier mounts for running around in a city where there's no stamina drain for them though. It's literally anime action lines speed.

Another illogical thing with animals.

If you throw something at them and knock them down, they will stay sitting indefinitely.

Only way they stand up is after you attack them.  I just sat in a room with a poisoned critter that was knocked down by my poisoned thing, and it just sat there for a good 15 minutes.

I think they should have the code that when they are knocked to sitting, they attempt to stand back up versus just laying there.

Quote from: Namino on April 25, 2019, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: Vex on April 25, 2019, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: Cerelum on April 25, 2019, 04:11:47 PM
Which totally may be a feature and not a bug, but if so I think we need some faster mounts.

Everyone uses beetles, because beetles last longest when traveling (usually). They're not very fast, though...

If you want other benefits, consider other mounts and the benefits they have... such as the noble, speedy erdlu.

Inix are significantly faster than beetle as well, and you don't have to sacrifice so much distance as when you take an erdlu.

Erdlu are S tier mounts for running around in a city where there's no stamina drain for them though. It's literally anime action lines speed.

I wish there were more enduring or mounts with interesting abilities that could be tamed. It bums me out that the most useful mount for nearly everyone can be bought in the first five minutes of chargen.

I remember hearing stories of sunbacks being able to use a tail action or something, but never saw it. I also find it biizarre that the only tameable beetles I know of in game are by far the worst mounts available and hardly comparable to their city-born cousins in any aspect. Gotta get whoever headed that breeding program in Borsail To narrow the celf/delf gap, huh? It worked with the beeltes.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.