Zalanthas: Back in my day...

Started by Gunnerblaster, March 14, 2019, 03:39:46 PM

I talked to mantis and Halfling at flints.

Staff would log PCs back in when they logged out to avoid PK attempts.

There was a potion vender not far from the fountain....but if there was 5 people on ginka lagged so hard it might take an hour to make 6 rooms.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Back in my day everyone had to alias offer ticket;hitch beetle;mount beetle;title beetle buggy.

And we liked it.

Back in my day everyone had an alias to dismount as soon as combat started when they were riding because it was better to fight on foot!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bebop on March 17, 2019, 12:02:37 AM
Quote from: Paint It Black on March 16, 2019, 02:02:35 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on March 14, 2019, 06:33:55 PM
QuoteBack in my day, I used to listen to Enirah's music on MySpace.

Eniriah was a fantastic singer.

She still is, and she's still putting out content!

Link?
Link?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

You could carry over the skills of a previous character, with a partial decrease, on a new character as a chargen option.

Back in my day, you couldn't prioritize stats. You might describe a muscle-bound brute at peak age and get below average strength. Half the community defended this to the teeth, insisting that it gave players opportunities to play uncommon concepts like arthritic Bynners and whatnot.

Back in my day, you couldn't see your skill levels. You relied mostly on OOC knowledge and experience to know how high your skills were. Half the community swore that this was the most realistic way to portray skills, and showing skill levels would mean everyone would max out everything.

Back in my day, there was only one nosave setting: on or off. Keep it off and you probably die if you become unexpectedly wanted. You'd find dead newbie pickpockets everywhere because it doesn't tell you when you've become wanted from stealing. Keep it on and you'd be defenseless against any PC trying to subdue you, which people did take advantage of. Half the commu... just kidding, nobody was against this change.

Back in my day we didn't have none of these fancy colors flabdammit.

Back in my day Luirs was a pile of ruins and you couldn't sneak and stay hidden at the same time.

Quote from: perfecto on March 17, 2019, 05:16:57 AM
I miss the North road actually leading North too Lizzie.

The North Road was perfect! Some narrow spots for ambushes, skirted the edge of the Shield Wall, and gave a proper sense of desolation while also providing a predictable route for chance encounters and newbies the opportunity to give the voyage a try on their own.

Crossing the desert over dunes and following markers has it's own epic feeling, but I still get nostalgic when I see those North Road rooms.

Also, back in my day Red Storm East was a place you could visit.

Back in my day, we had halflings, and if you walked too far off the road, they would eat you.  Kids these days don't know how good they have it with kryl.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Back in my day, we didn't have the think command! And we made do!
Back from a long retirement

Back in my day...

• There were Red Robes and Senior Agents and Advisors and Lieutenants
  • There was a PLAYABLE Ministry of the Mind
  • Necker had not yet been born of its parent, Longneck
  • Amurac a'Zak was the Byn Sergeant
  • Stevith was another Byn Sergeant
  • The Nenyuk Agent had a personal guard that was a Krathi
  • Magicks were scary as fuck
  • mansa mudsexed
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Back in my day...

There was a sleazy tavern on the Road of Slaves, and no Gladiator and Gaj or Bard's Barrel/Red's Retreat, so the only non-'rinth option for slumming it in 'nak was 'the Dirk'.

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Back in my day...

I would crap my pants every time I went into the grey forest because those halfling players were ninjas with crazy fast mounts.

The Allanak council of mages was scary as shit as well.

A popular red robe with a name that started with S chased me out of allanak half way to Luirs and drug me back to murder me slowly and beautifully.

Everyone had a kank to ride, and there was still a tower in the middle of the salt flats.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

People used to have pissing contests for how long they were logged in on the GDB continuously.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Back in my day, Luir's was a tiny little outpost you could ride through n/s, plus you could stable right next to the bar.

Back in my day, a lot of those odd outposts you find in the wilderness with Tuluk/Allanaki soldiers outside... were places our PCs would hide out as secret magickers.

One is even a no-go zone, now, due to environmental issues!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

March 22, 2019, 04:13:53 PM #43 Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:37:37 AM by tarkas
Back in my day, the J'karr were  new clan,

Thrain Ironsword walked the known.

and clans could still use carthraxis (sp)  to mindspeak.

And, a friend of mine got bugged and loaded with a full set of ruined iron platemail one random day.  (7 pieces)
which he sold for 1k to an npc.

Back in my day, belts were not apart of starting equipment.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Back in my day it was arrived insted of walks in when someone enters the same room.

Long story short Im a fucking noob
Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.