Author Topic: Critical Role  (Read 13549 times)

Pariah

Re: Critical Role
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2021, 10:08:46 AM »
I really hate Opal, she’s always being a stupid bitch just to be a stupid bitch.

Where she told the leader of the city she called bullshit I almost turned off the episode, she is probably the most annoying character I’ve ever seen on the show and I thought Sam annoyed me.

Plus I don’t like the fact they aren’t actually doing anything they set out to do.  Gilmore said to get a Rosetta Stone for this language but now they are talking about saving some other chick instead of that.  Focus on one objective at a time.

musashi

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »
Could we start our own tabletop weekly game via Skype or something?

Some of us already did that  ;)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »
I really hate Opal, she’s always being a stupid bitch just to be a stupid bitch.

Where she told the leader of the city she called bullshit I almost turned off the episode, she is probably the most annoying character I’ve ever seen on the show and I thought Sam annoyed me.

Plus I don’t like the fact they aren’t actually doing anything they set out to do.  Gilmore said to get a Rosetta Stone for this language but now they are talking about saving some other chick instead of that.  Focus on one objective at a time.

Saving the other chicken is the guest's task. They aren't on that one. I do agree that Opal annoys me, but I also think that it's partly newbie syndrome. The player took like 10 minutes on a turn once! LOL

Overall, still enjoying it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Pariah

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2021, 09:26:04 AM »
I am gonna start a drinking game every time this dm says “wisdom saving throw”.

Just kidding I’ll die because that’s every saving throw she calls for.

#mattisbetter
#shesucks

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »

Pariah

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2021, 07:18:28 PM »
"I'm going to give you 5 temporary hit points"

Opal
"Way to hit a girl when she's down."

What should have been said, "No stupid, it's a good thing."

I am coming to think I don't like the actual player and not the character now.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2021, 08:26:29 PM »
That's fair - I do like the player, and think she'll probably be good once she understands what she's doing, and the limitations better.

Riev

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2021, 10:50:57 PM »
That's fair - I do like the player, and think she'll probably be good once she understands what she's doing, and the limitations better.
She definitely is still new to DnD and how this improv storytelling thing works. This isnt professional voice actors who were playing for 5 years.

I am not caught up. I think they have been doing fine and, like Acq Inc... if i dont like it i just wont watch it.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Pariah

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »
She definitely is still new to DnD and how this improv storytelling thing works. This isnt professional voice actors who were playing for 5 years.

I am not caught up. I think they have been doing fine and, like Acq Inc... if i dont like it i just wont watch it.

I think my problem is that the Character is so... High School Valley Girl?  And less hexblade warlock.

I'm all for letting her build your personality and all that.  But it would be like me making an armageddon character and having him say things like, I call bullshit Lord Templar.  This is so fetch.  Ewww blood.

Is it technically against the rules, nah, but does it really fit the world? Nope.

And the fact she seems to be purposefully taking the hardest roads possible.  And the DM is encouraging her with "rules of cool" and inspiration nearly every ten minutes.

It just bothers me.

Dar

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2021, 11:36:19 PM »
Meh, she's having fun. In the end how many people would choose to lose all of their magick out of highschool stubborness? 

Matt's favourite Jam is ... priceless.  It's easy to RP someone with VERY little intelligence. It's harder, but pretty straightforward to RP someone with 20 intelligence.  But RPing someone with low int, but not a total idiot level low int is a challenge.

Pariah

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2021, 11:39:06 PM »
Meh, she's having fun. In the end how many people would choose to lose all of their magick out of highschool stubborness? 

Matt's favourite Jam is ... priceless.  It's easy to RP someone with VERY little intelligence. It's harder, but pretty straightforward to RP someone with 20 intelligence.  But RPing someone with low int, but not a total idiot level low int is a challenge.

💯% Matt is the GOAT.