Submitting Items to Be Made Craft-able?

Started by Fernandezj, January 03, 2018, 04:21:07 PM

Hello,

While trying to find items to use my craft skills on, I have found a number of items that are either very simple, or require very few components to be made, but when analyzed - give the "no echo", which Help says is uncrafteable.

Is there a process to submit items to be made crafteable?

So far I have been using the Idea command on them.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

the idea command is generally your best bet for situations like this, yes. idea item <has no craft echo, and i think this and this would be good for it.>
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

You can use a 'custom craft' to make a recipe for an existing item that has no recipe.  This is, in fact, my favorite way that players can use custom crafting.  We don't necessarily need eleventy billion items, it's a lot cooler if nearly any existing item can be made in-game.

In general, you won't get results doing the 'idea' command for a craft recipe.  Staff are aware that many, many, many items lack recipes.  We can only spend so much time writing recipes before our brains explode, so we just do it in very small batches.

Custom crafting used to be called 'master crafting'. It is where you see 'master' as a skill level for an allowed crafting skill and you can then make a new item/craft for the game, or in some situations, submit a craft recipe for an object already in game if you RP out researching said object.

Check out here for more information: http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Custom%20Crafting
I thought my demons were almost defeated, but you took their side and you pulled them to freedom.

Ah, ok... so the better answer was no, simple items that should be crafteable cannot be made crafteable unless you are a master (which I dont think my character can, by the helpfiles).

I dont see why there are calls for tons of new items on the other board, but not calls for recipes... if the opinion is that there are already tons of items that can't be made.

Thanks for the information - maybe my next character can be a master! :)

I never thought of using custom crafts to submit recipes for already existing items. As many items as we do have there always seems to be gaps in certain areas.

Maybe that's because the objects aren't craftable, so we don't know about them. >.<

Quote from: Fernandezj on January 04, 2018, 10:43:36 PM
Ah, ok... so the better answer was no, simple items that should be crafteable cannot be made crafteable unless you are a master (which I dont think my character can, by the helpfiles).

I dont see why there are calls for tons of new items on the other board, but not calls for recipes... if the opinion is that there are already tons of items that can't be made.

Thanks for the information - maybe my next character can be a master! :)

I believe the initial intention was that the shopkeepers had "generic" items that got you through the day to day, but then when we introduced the ability to create "master crafts" that you could either get that 100 coin sword from Salarr, or pay someone 1200 for a well balanced razor sharp serrated war-scimitar +4. As time went on, more and more people used their "30-day waiting period" crafting slots for the fanciest, unique item. After all, few want to "waste" their slot on making a recipe for a stock-item you can just buy in the store.

This doesn't mean you can't identify those items that are "only available" across the world, buy up a dozen, and then sell them. I can think of a certain tool that often goes underrepresented in a particular location.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.