on proper use of the rumorboards

Started by 650Booger, November 29, 2017, 02:22:47 AM

what is the protocol for using the rumor boards located in the various taverns?  I ask because whenever I make a rumor, they seem to quickly disappear.  I assume they are being removed because I did it wrong.  so what is the correct way to use them?
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Quote from: help bulletin boards
To write a message of your own, type "write <board> <message title>".
You will then enter the game's text editor, enter the text of your message,
and use the tilde (~) character to end your message. You will need to type
"write <board>", once you have exited the text editor, for the message to
be saved. If you don't save the message by using "write <board>", then your
message will be lost at the next reboot.

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

If you stick to vagueish details, and things that would conceivably be talked about in a tavern, while also being careful not to power emote how much vNPCs love/fear/hate any PCs or groups, you'll probably be fine.

Also, what synth said.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

November 29, 2017, 07:04:22 AM #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:51:48 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Most likely it is forgetting to save (write board) when finished.  However, there is a help file for board etiquette which explains the criteria for removal:

http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Board%20Etiquette
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

I had this same problem a while back and I emailed staff about it. They said that they sent out emails when they removed inappropriate rumors from the board. Assuming they still do that, you can probably assume you're just forgetting to "write board" at the end.

As others have said, a -lot- of those posts get removed simply because people forget to save the board.

I was unaware of the required save command.  Thx all!
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson