What to do with Tuluk

Started by ghanima, October 21, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

"And certainly don't make it so that those people can't even know OOCly what they ICly saw or heard. "

This part actually angers me.

We can ic enter Tuluk as a tuluki by ooc/vnpc bribes and shit.
I can virtually go into Tuluk, eat with my parents or something, then leave.
What the hell do I need to do to find out what's going on in there outside of this? Do I need to send in a request sometime? I think I've already played a post tuluk closed Tuluki, so does that mean I can get the info now? Can the info just be posted on the forum seeing as anyone can make a Tuluki citizen at char gen?

I am pretty sure that the policy is that you cannot be told what is going on inside the city. Even if you app a fresh character that JUST escaped Tuluk, you can't know. I'm guessing because staff don't know.

Quote from: sleepyhead on October 26, 2017, 01:24:46 PM
I am pretty sure that the policy is that you cannot be told what is going on inside the city. Even if you app a fresh character that JUST escaped Tuluk, you can't know. I'm guessing because staff don't know.
I am physically angered

Well, I'm only pretty sure, so it'd probably be best to hear from staff before you get too angry.

Quote from: sleepyhead on October 26, 2017, 01:29:03 PM
Well, I'm only pretty sure, so it'd probably be best to hear from staff before you get too angry.

But getting angry before hearing from staff is an Armageddon tradition!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

October 26, 2017, 05:54:58 PM #80 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:57:06 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

I think the Staff have been sitting on a great engine to push plots forward with a closed Tuluk.

Now they have a city of NPC's to declair war with. Or send raiding parties with.  Now they have the antagonist entity they need.

Use it?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

What ghanima said, and ^^^ what Fredd said.

If Tuluk were to be re-opened for play I'd suggest a very small portion of it to be brought in. Perhaps Warrens-only to allow a full development of the underside of Tuluk.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

1. Burn Tuluk to the ground. Muk disappears into the Unknown, remaining a threat that is not killing you right now.

2. Due to the free land, forest access, resources, etc. Allanak establishes a soldier outpost through which approved merchants and the merchant houses are allowed transit and access, bringing back riches.

3. As a natural and intended-at-the-beginning step down this road, Allanak provides for the creation of a large industrious village, building walls far larger than what is needed, in preparation for the growth of a colony-city. Any tribes who have planted roots in the area are mercilessly dealt with.

4. Riches and women.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

If you're physically angered by something in regards to a game, you might wanna go take a walk instead of raging further about it on the boards.

Anyway, I had a Tuluki PC last yearish, and I drew up a vague, 'this is how I think she got out, granted, she doesn't remember much of anything because PTSD and blackouts.'

It was fun. Except other PCs thought my character wasn't really Tuluki because she wouldn't talk about 'it', which I thought was super lame.

I think Tuluk needs something done with it, or it needs to be removed completely. I'd be down with the Warrens having survived, and now some scummy elf offshoot of the Bejeweled's taken over and other races are subservient to the elves. Or dwarves. Or whatever. Something not human! And a female leader. We have enough Sorcerer and Sun Kings.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Muk Utep and his templars, faced with growing discontent and strife, turn the Warrens into what amounts to a quarantined prison camp. A wall is erected around the Warrens and criminals and dissidents (common and noble alike) are shoved through the gates and left to fend for themselves until they are inevitably killed or starve. Desperate and crafty, the people eking out a survival in the Warrens unearth old tunnels beneath Tuluk (the flooding has since subsided) and and re-establish limited contact with the outside world, allowing goods and people to be smuggled in and out.

Perhaps worse than life in the Warrens is what lies beyond the black walls, in old Tuluk. Strange sounds sometimes carry over the dark stone and columns of acrid black smoke are commonly seen rising from the city while roaming the narrow, ash-choked alleys. Nobody comes through the gates anymore.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Having PC-playable psionic authority figures was a terrible idea, in my opinion.  I don't know what the retcon solution going forward is going to be.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on October 30, 2017, 03:56:46 PM
Having PC-playable psionic authority figures was a terrible idea, in my opinion.  I don't know what the retcon solution going forward is going to be.

That was retconned long long before tuluk closed sir.

I hope  they bring them back, and we get to kill old school lirathans in an epic war of evil vs. more evil.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

It wasn't retconned.

PCs no longer had direct access to certain and particular skills, despite those skills still being prevalent in the NPC population.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: HavokBlue on October 30, 2017, 03:27:40 PM
Muk Utep and his templars, faced with growing discontent and strife, turn the Warrens into what amounts to a quarantined prison camp. A wall is erected around the Warrens and criminals and dissidents (common and noble alike) are shoved through the gates and left to fend for themselves until they are inevitably killed or starve. Desperate and crafty, the people eking out a survival in the Warrens unearth old tunnels beneath Tuluk (the flooding has since subsided) and and re-establish limited contact with the outside world, allowing goods and people to be smuggled in and out.

Perhaps worse than life in the Warrens is what lies beyond the black walls, in old Tuluk. Strange sounds sometimes carry over the dark stone and columns of acrid black smoke are commonly seen rising from the city while roaming the narrow, ash-choked alleys. Nobody comes through the gates anymore.

Love it!  Certain desert elf tribes discover these tunnels, and begin trade.  Kurac catches on, etc.

As mentioned by others, though, almost any plot like this is going to bump up against the all-encompassing eye of the Tuluki Templarate.  Simple solutions abound: some sort of forest fungus invades the area, dampening certain psionic powers.  We've seen it before:

1200 (Year 45 Age 16)
The clerical orders begin to rise. For unknown reasons, the powers of the elements experience greater access to the elemental planes.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Riev on October 31, 2017, 10:03:07 AM
It wasn't retconned.

PCs no longer had direct access to certain and particular skills, despite those skills still being prevalent in the NPC population.

Then perfect. I'de love to see some evil npc psychic templars leading groups of psychically enhanced troops (no fear of death, don't feel pain, whatever)

Maybe units of Jihae templars leading winrothols new breed of half-elf  half-dwarfs calld Dwelves. The new ultimate fighter.

(cmon, you really think  winrothol stopped their weird sex experiments? Last time they were trapped in an area for any length of time, they made muls)

Quote from: Fredd on October 26, 2017, 06:34:04 PM
I think the Staff have been sitting on a great engine to push plots forward with a closed Tuluk.

Now they have a city of NPC's to declair war with. Or send raiding parties with.  Now they have the antagonist entity they need.

Use it?

This is the ticket. Give us an NPC entity to fight with. Tuluk looks like it is getting its feet back under it a little bit? Time to hire the Byn and ride north to burn Morins down. Oh look, a mob/army of Tuluki refugees in flight headed south. Time for the Arm and Borsail to hit them on the march for a battle/slave raid. Tuluk has contracted a random northern tribe for lumber and building materials? Can't have that. Tribe needs to be massacred.

USE IT.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Morin's Doesn't belong to Tuluk though why would they burn it down?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

pretty sure morin's is land rented by kadius from tuluk.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

So the Byn is going to Attack Kadius cause they are on Tuluk land?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on October 31, 2017, 12:25:05 PM
So the Byn is going to Attack Kadius cause they are on Tuluk land?

Methinks that would end very badly for find out IC reasons.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

You people are, simply, awful.

I didn't think WP had a serious "do this" suggestion. It was a "here's the kind of stuff that can be done, now!"

Except it can't. Because anyone that tries to do anything in game is met with "but that really wouldn't happen because <x>"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.