What to do with Tuluk

Started by ghanima, October 21, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

Tuluk was incredible. I wish to see it back someday, because it is always going to remain the place which hooked me for sure into the game back then. I just don't know how it'd work with the current population. Sure, having Tuluk and Allanak gives the game world a distinctive richness of incidents, conflicts and scenarios -- but we have a lower population now than we had back then. Things were quite different.

If only you had of been successful with those rats and wiped out Allanak with plague... I blame Flaire for not securing our victory!!! 😉
Death is only the beginning...

February 01, 2018, 11:20:49 AM #178 Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:23:07 AM by Veselka
I would argue that we don't have a lower population, but Staff does appear to be more efficient with only one 'Realm' open for play. I must say I much rather prefer having 'One Branch' in each Merchant House, and 'One Branch' in the T'zai Byn, for instance. The hunting branches being closed also turned out to be a bonus, IMHO. From what i've seen in game, I don't think it would be outlandish for these 'One Branches' to cover both the North and South -- The Byn does it currently, and while it creates more of a time suck to travel great distances or stay in inconvenient places, it's doable. So basically, if Tuluk were to re-open, I don't think it would require re-opening 'Northern Operations' in Kurac, Kadius, Salarr, and the Byn. People should just travel more, through the more dangerous wastes, to reach their destination and client base.

However, I truly do wish there were Two sets of Nobility and Templars and that sort of inter-continental cold war.

That being said, the infighting always appears to be real in Allanak, and no one seems like fast and furious friends, which always bugged me about Tuluk -- Even if people were really enemies behind each other's back, there was always an atmosphere of 'Everything's Fine!". Which was creepy in one lens, but through another, sort of boring.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

For the record, you can't "argue" for or against something as simple as "population numbers". We currently average about 180 a week. Last year we averaged 200 a week. The year before that, we had 230 a week.

Have your opinions, but "lower population" isn't an argument.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on February 01, 2018, 02:21:45 PM
For the record, you can't "argue" for or against something as simple as "population numbers". We currently average about 180 a week. Last year we averaged 200 a week. The year before that, we had 230 a week.

Have your opinions, but "lower population" isn't an argument.

It's confusing though, because does that necessarily translate to active playerbase, or more/less people connecting, such as newbie accounts that never make it into the game, and so on?

I preferred the numbers that Nyr was doing, that showed the people that actually stuck around and played, not just made an account and connected.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Tuluk is in the way of the grass lands.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Make some sort of catastrophe happen in Tuluk! I want to venture into the crater of Tuluk, with a mix of crumbling buildings as well as tunneling caves that reveal what was once under-tuluk.

If we're not going to blow it up (the one sane solution) we need to have a staffer who is full-time dedicated to spawning northern troops and fucking with the south.

enter command: Spawn mob of Tuluki soldiers +1 ×100
enter command:move x100 mob of Tuluki soldiers +1 to room; Outside the Merchants gate of Allanak.
enter command: order mob of Tuluki soldiers emote A loud clattering comes from down the rough road as @ comes marching along, spears and maces in hand ready to fight.

Some day the Highlord will rightfully claim what is his. Again.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: ShaLeah on February 02, 2018, 09:14:14 AM
Some day the Highlord will rightfully claim what is his. Again.

Tek Yeah
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I like it being the mysterious story line factory it is right now. While I'm kind of underwhelmed with what happened to the political types since Tuluk closed, the recent doings and happenings outside of Allanak have kind of brought a similar but different feel to it.