Am I dreaming? Awesome new change!!!

Started by Anonymous, October 23, 2003, 07:35:49 AM

Quote from: "Armageddon"-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- A R M A G E D D O N   M O T D -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Changes to draw / sheathe code.
Bows may now be drawn/sheathed upon the back.  Items sheathed upon
the back now occupy a new wear location only accessible through the
draw and sheathe commands.

-- NOTE: Some bows may report being too small, this has been addressed
and will not be an issue after the next reboot.

This is one of the coolest changes ever.  No more having to emote tying my bow off the side of my pack and stuffing it in there.

Thanks a million to the staff.

You know...I didn't even read that. Kudos, staff.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I just about wet myself with excitement when I read that last night.   :D  Very happy to see this change implemented. Thank you very much, staff.. the beer is in the mail.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

I was quite excited last night,  :D  Then I found out my bow was not flagged right yet :cry:
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"I was quite excited last night,  :D  Then I found out my bow was not flagged right yet :cry:

I felt that pain too.. sigh.
e're all dealt our lumps of coal
What you do with it can turn beautiful..

Hey, even if it's not right yet, it will be fixed come Saturday. Awesome change!

You are all welcome. Well I didn't have any part in getting this done but you know... I said that I could certainly live without it.
21sters Unite!

QuoteI was quite excited last night,  Then I found out my bow was not flagged right yet

I too felt that sting. My only question is...this has been handled for PC crafted bows as well, yes? I feel all gooey inside...

QuoteItems sheathed upon
the back now occupy a new wear location only accessible through the
draw and sheathe commands.

Does this mean that you can wear a backpack and a weapon on your back simultanteously? Or does it simply mean that you can 'draw' a weapon from your back instead of 'removing' it?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I really hope it means you can wear a weapon AND a pack...
*crosses his fingers*

A bow and a pack, definitely. The wear location for the bow is "slung over his back" now, and the syntax is "sheath bow back"

I haven't tried a spear yet or any other weapon. I'm assuming it's just for bows, since that's what it specifies in the motd.

Um...anyone have a towel?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yes.  It works for other weapons.  You can have a spear and a pack across your back.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I've not tried it yet, but is it applicable for shields as well? I feel that such a thing would be valuable.

Nontheless, I am pleased with the current change.

I agree...it would be lovely for shields too.

Well, you can -wear- shields on your back. So unless a change has been made in this regard, you can wear your shield on the back location and have your spear or whatever sheathed in the 'slung across back' location.
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

You are correct, picklehead. However, the problem posed is that if your shield is on your back during combat, one cannot use it, because you cannot remove an item of clothing while fighting.

If shields were sheathable only on the back, it would solve this annoying and unrealistic problem.

However, as I have said before, it is pleasing that one can now stash the two-handed warblade without poking it into the pack.