Intergrating Elementalists

Started by Angela Christine, October 20, 2003, 08:12:46 AM

LOL...

The lean, hunched-over gith says in their fucked-up language, 'Send our sorcerer in at them, then we hit mage with many spears from afar. All go boom! Hahaha, kill two vestrik with one stone as filthy northerner say.'

Seriously though, magickers with a death proc is a cool idea. :)
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Yes, I would recommend however, that there be varied death procs, as well as unpredictable amounts of damage and effects upon those who are in the room with them.

Example: Krathi

One mage might explode, causing 99 points of damage upon a random person.

Another mage might explode, causing 99 points of damage upon to everyone.

Another mage might explode, causing 0 points of damage and charring everyone's clothes.

One mage might just die, with no effects.

The possibilities go on and on. In this way, it would be incredibly dangerous to go about killing mages, since one could never know what would happen.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I haven't read the DragonLance books, but I play(ed) a mud with a DragonLance domain in it, and this was coded for the draconian NPCs.  It wasn't as spectacular as one might think - and being somewhat more of a H&S mud, people just adjusted for it in their hacking and slashing.

Quote from: "Angela Christine"When the mind dies the magickal potential is violently released.

How about released into someone so they become a magicker?  :twisted:   That would throw the Tuluk people for a loop.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Ohh perfect, all I need is some 90+ day Bynner chopping me to bits while firing lighting from his ass.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Yeah..true.

Probably wouldn't want to run into a pack of krathian gortoks or a mindbending bahamet either.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I desperately want to have a character say, "Look out!  She's gonna blow!"

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins