Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Quote from: Hauwke on May 26, 2021, 04:30:49 PM
My own says are colored though, which is odd.

Seconded. I'll make a report tonight along with a screen snip of me talking and someone else talking tonight, when I'm home. My reasoning is the <translation changes> that happened had futzed with the spaghetti a bit.

I've seen some oddity there too, but I'm also used to [put gaspy pack] becoming combat red, so I didn't pay it much mind.

LOL
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Same here for all of the oddities.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Sorry for cross-posting but it really fits in here:

QuoteAugust 22, 2021 (Sunday)

(Tenebrius)
-Fixed issue with not all commands going through for users running Mudlet.  (hopefully)

Thank you!
Fredd-

Thanks to Halaster, we have a new program that will add and remove shade to rooms based on the time of day.  So its not funky if you see shade disappearing or being somewhere you've never seen before.

They also added it to 50 rooms.

Halaster you never cease to impress me!   I was always excited to see you (back in 96-97) when Imms would poof in and out of the game world on occasion..  Halasters poof out emote was "everyone in the room's head explodes!"  Gud Times :D
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Badass new release.

Any way this could also be used to show room changes with silt-level on the silt sea? There's a big difference in our world between low and high tides, after all.

You rock, Halaster!
Fredd-

Maybe not a dedicated release note but I'm glad to see the note about the dedicated staff sorc and ouch, imaging trying to play with one only to have it 'bumped' for a player...that sounds just as disruptive as 'bad actions'.

Glad to see it!

Also appreciate the rare transparency revealed in the posting.
Veteran Newbie

I am glad there is open slots and staff WILL and can fill them in the Sorc and PSi roles. The fun and adventure that can come from that is great. BUT just my view over the last couple years is... No one unless your are friends on discord with the right staff and people will you get a chance at it. But again just my view from way things pan out in Arma.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on October 07, 2021, 09:06:05 AM
I am glad there is open slots and staff WILL and can fill them in the Sorc and PSi roles. The fun and adventure that can come from that is great. BUT just my view over the last couple years is... No one unless your are friends on discord with the right staff and people will you get a chance at it. But again just my view from way things pan out in Arma.

Player slots for sorcs and psis are filled on a first come first serve basis when there are slots open and people apply with appropriate concepts. There is absolutely nothing that being 'friends' with anyone can do to improve your chances at this. That isn't how it works.

I find it silly staff were using player slots to begin with and can't understand how that system worked really.

Do we really have so few karma 3 players apping in sorcerers that there is a spot open almost always for a staffer to make a character, properly level them up, and not be pissed when someone goes 'Hey, me want sorcerer' *Kicks staffer out of the slot*

Though I wouldn't doubt it, you need 3 karma + a spec app (And we don't have many of those).

Pessimist in me assumes that if a staffer was in a sorcerer spot and didn't want to lose it anyone apping sorcerer in would get arbitrary and confusing declines to their applications, but this is the bad side of my brain and I have nothing to base it on.
Obviously this makes it true. How dare you! (This is a joke, please give me a quiet golf clap)

I do want a personal email from the staffer in question when I kill their sorcerer character's letting me know how cool I am though. Make it an automatic thing for ease of use.

Quote from: Jihelu on October 07, 2021, 09:25:38 AM
I do want a personal email from the staffer in question when I kill their sorcerer character's letting me know how cool I am though. Make it an automatic thing for ease of use.
^big this

Also, when a staffer uses the staff sorcpsi slot does it consume one of their specapp slots? Due to the scarcity of specapp slots players on specapp characters often play a lot more cautiously and it would be very interesting if there was a lot more shorter lived sorcs/psis that could "afford" to play more fast and loose because there isn't such a heavy cost of creating such a character.

Quote from: Lotion on October 07, 2021, 10:08:37 AM
Quote from: Jihelu on October 07, 2021, 09:25:38 AM
^big this

Also, when a staffer uses the staff sorcpsi slot does it consume one of their specapp slots? Due to the scarcity of specapp slots players on specapp characters often play a lot more cautiously and it would be very interesting if there was a lot more shorter lived sorcs/psis that could "afford" to play more fast and loose because there isn't such a heavy cost of creating such a character.

In truth. Fortunately, or unfortunately. The way the sorc/psies are (or used to be?) they will almost always start cautiously and slow. The skills/spells require an absolutely immense amount of careful, dangerous grind.  Hasan the beloved sorcerer of reknown have spent a lot of quiet days casting spellz in a cave before going heavy on interaction.

October 07, 2021, 03:26:08 PM #1338 Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 06:10:14 PM by Nao
-Hopefully addressed some of the issues around storage rooms and how their definition of full can change while
  sorting items.

This seems like it reduced the capacity of save rooms by quite a bit (both apartments and other save rooms). Was that intentional?

Edit: Seems to be fixed!
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

In retrospect subs are good about that. Before with full sorcs and psies your first few months are like dancing on a blade. Anything can kill you. A vestric can kill you. Taking time not manifesting is fun, but risky. It forces you to unlock your powered quickly to increase survivability and utility. While now with sorcs/psies as subs, you can take your time developing your scary skills. Make each branch a Chara development event.

>eat cake all

...Interesting...
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Aromit has been making sim desert changes lately but hasn't been posting them on release notes. There is no single place where a player can view changes made to the game.

Quote from: Lotion on November 12, 2021, 10:52:22 AM
Aromit has been making sim desert changes lately but hasn't been posting them on release notes. There is no single place where a player can view changes made to the game.

I may be wrong here - but I think release notes only gets updated when the changes are pushed to the live server.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Lotion on November 12, 2021, 10:52:22 AM

He did say that he'd be putting them up, at the very least, in the discord announcements.  I imagine there he's putting in the 'subtask completions', and there will be a full announcement once it's in a state he feels good about.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

By the time he'll be happy about it, the simDesert will cover both Allanak and Tuluk.

I love how 'eat all' doesn't have the spam. Well thought out!
Fredd-

Quote from: Kialae on May 26, 2021, 12:45:52 AM
I've noticed that since the recent release notes (since when they revamped crafting) my communication code's gone crazy with the colors. Whereas before it would show the whole output as my 'say' color, for example, now it only does the top line (the emote + language part), and the second line (the actual sentences you say) is basic grey. Is this being addressed? It's lowkey causing me a stress and don't know why.

This happened when the code that allowed you to exempt something from language code was changed from caps to '<' and '>'. It also broke fat and cursive formatting for the receiving PCs.

Thank goodness for the update to the hands of wind spell.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one