Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

March 02, 2020, 01:37:27 PM #1151 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:01:10 PM by Brytta Léofa
holy monkeys I need to get back in the game

Quote from: mansa on March 02, 2020, 11:41:07 AM
Question:
If the mounts pull the cart - how do I tell the mounts to rest when they run out of movement points?
   Would I need to unharness them and then make them rest manually?

Is there an advantage to hitching multiple mounts to carts that permit this? (Do they get less tired?)

Can you tell us anything about carts and combat?

Quote from: Jihelu on March 02, 2020, 11:51:57 AM
How do you store a cart? Just leave it in the wagon yard and hope no one comes by and takes it?

Be nice to have at least one of these options:
- store a cart at a stable, get a ticket (like stabling a mount)
- carts leave the game when their pilot quits (like quitting with a hitched mount)

Quote from: Gentleboy on March 02, 2020, 01:05:30 PM
Can elves use carts??

Seems pretty clear-cut to me: no to riding, no to piloting. :'( Elves can already use mounts as pack animals, so leading a mount that's pulling a cart would be fine, if that were codedly possible.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

March 02, 2020, 01:38:55 PM #1152 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:41:00 PM by only_plays_tribals
Quote from: Gentleboy on March 02, 2020, 01:05:30 PM
Can elves use carts??

Nah. Elves don't move while seated.
Ehm. At least not intentionally.

I too would love to know about cart combat.

Roman style chariot fight anyone?
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

I do hope it's possible to lead a cart.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on March 02, 2020, 01:38:55 PM

Logic would dictate it would be similar to fighting on a siltskimmer, minus all the fun insta-death parts.

March 02, 2020, 04:27:06 PM #1155 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:30:46 PM by tiny rainbow
If you can only unharness if you are the pilot, this means you have to incapacitate the pilot or every one of the animals to be able to stop a cart (and everyone on it) continuing to keep moving? (because you need to be able to ride it to be able to use the unharness command) I could see a lot of comically huge pilots who probably don't really need more carrying capacity when they're already commonly carrying around furniture chests with their invisible second pair of arms while fighting :)

Maybe there could be any way to attack carts or wagons themselves (targeting rope connecting the harness, the wheels, or lighting the things on fire! :D) without needing staff to be free to do special stuff if these are intended to be a more common thing to see around? :)
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Quote from: tiny rainbow on March 02, 2020, 04:27:06 PM
If you can only unharness if you are the pilot, this means you have to incapacitate the pilot or every one of the animals to be able to stop a cart (and everyone on it) continuing to keep moving? (because you need to be able to ride it to be able to use the unharness command) I could see a lot of comically huge pilots who probably don't really need more carrying capacity when they're already commonly carrying around furniture chests with their invisible second pair of arms while fighting :)

Maybe there could be any way to attack carts or wagons themselves (targeting rope connecting the harness, the wheels, or lighting the things on fire! :D) without needing staff to be free to do special stuff if these are intended to be a more common thing to see around? :)

Maybe if you attack the mounts they get unharnessed, or are unable to move/pilot away if they happen to be in combat.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

March 02, 2020, 05:39:41 PM #1157 Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:24:45 PM by tiny rainbow
Oh and with my idea also people with wagonmaking skill could have a new business+plot hooks by being available to repair them after they have been attacked maybe :)

Maybe could also be a nice idea to put in the option to sabotage carts/wagons while in guarded areas too (with risk of it being noticed) or someone who is actually inside the cart or wagon can actually cut the harness too while they are on board making it unable to move again until it gets fixed and maybe need a rescue group to come :D
https://bit.ly/2VEGGg4 (youtu.be/6HXgYc-kIZw?t=16m33s)

https://bit.ly/38eP2hm (youtu.be/lvoAmeDq3sU?t=12m35s)

(youtu.be instead of youtube.com links show a blank empty square box on the forums by the way I've seen people trying to post them in the theme music thread a lot :)
(the &t= for skipping to to time doesn't work at the moment too)

Quote from: Gentleboy on March 02, 2020, 01:05:30 PMCan elves use carts??
Nah. Elves don't move while seated.
Ehm. At least not intentionally.
This actually makes me think, is it culturally acceptable for elves to board a moving wagon if it's to kill everyone on it/destroy it?
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Awesome job once again staff!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: valeria on March 02, 2020, 02:15:00 PM

It is not, currently. They must all be piloted.

QuoteHow do you store a cart? Just leave it in the wagon yard and hope no one comes by and takes it?

The same type of ticketing system available for skimmers are now available for carts in all city wagonyards.

Quote from: Emme on March 02, 2020, 09:41:46 PM

QuoteHow do you store a cart? Just leave it in the wagon yard and hope no one comes by and takes it?

The same type of ticketing system available for skimmers are now available for carts in all city wagonyards.

There is a ticketing system for skimmers!? So awesome!

Quote from: Brokkr on March 02, 2020, 02:17:43 PM

Logic would dictate it would be similar to fighting on a siltskimmer, minus all the fun insta-death parts.

While we're here skimmers should allow people to stand and ride around!

Re: carts, this is amazing.

"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Quote from: Emme on March 02, 2020, 09:41:46 PM

Thanks for clarifying!
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Knight of Knives on March 03, 2020, 04:56:30 PM

They do.

Quote-Mounts leaving the room without the cart don't break carts anymore.
  (flee, summon, hands of wind, fear, etc...)

Sounds like kids are already having fun with new toys. Hehehe.
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

"The noble houses excepting Winrothol aligned themselves with these Loyalists"

Noooo! Not Winrothol! Rhodran would have never :'(
Death is only the beginning...

I would like to hear stories from the PC's who stored that the staff perhaps wrote.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Winrothol was the only slaving House in the north, what is the state of slavery in the area? We're most of them made Listless and is there a market for slaves in Morin's?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Does this mean Sujaal's academy in Tuluk are a bunch of listless warriors?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I can't believe that the 300+ children I've had while playing in Tuluk are now a bunch of Listless jerks.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on April 07, 2020, 09:46:54 AM
I can't believe that the 300+ children I've had while playing in Tuluk are now a bunch of Listless jerks.

Only the human ones.

p.s. I am so glad to finally see something released that explains Tuluk. Thank you staff!

P.S. Delirium this always explained Tuluk:

"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Quote from: Brokkr on March 03, 2020, 06:45:37 PM
Quote from: Knight of Knives on March 03, 2020, 04:56:30 PM

They do.

:o  Wouldn't recommend it!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.