Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

If you get the gem in the Allanak starter room, you are now considered manifested, from a code perspective.  If you don't, you will enter the game as un-manifested.  At some point (intentionally nebulous) magick use will cause your character to be considered manifested.  If you are not manifested, there are some very specific things that will work differently for your character.

As for threaten, I intentionally kept it to things that don't have any delay before skill use (thus no backstab/sap) and that you had to be close to do (thus no charge).  Threaten isn't meant as a mechanism to bypass delay like backstab/sap cause the attacker beforehand and there is some insanely twinky behavior that would be possible if we had allowed it (think shadowing someone that is walking suddenly and slapping a threaten on them to backstab them rather than waiting for them to stop).  This change should give threaten some more teeth, make it a little more strategic in that the person threatened won't know exactly what will happen, and hopefully offer the attacker ways to deal with the issue of folks simply fleeing while you are in kill lag.

Nice to know.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Newest release re: karma regen, and 1-karma extended subguilds not needing to "use up" that 1st karma point - is AWESOME.

Not so sure about the mob chasing a target further than previously. Certain critters will already follow you longer than it takes for your mount to tire. I think that should be sufficient! I'll remain cautiously optimistic til I test it out.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on September 29, 2019, 11:16:51 AM
Newest release re: karma regen, and 1-karma extended subguilds not needing to "use up" that 1st karma point - is AWESOME.

Not so sure about the mob chasing a target further than previously. Certain critters will already follow you longer than it takes for your mount to tire. I think that should be sufficient! I'll remain cautiously optimistic til I test it out.

All ESGs were moved to 1. There are no more 2-karma (mundane) ESGs if I'm reading the update correctly.

Quote from: kahuna on September 29, 2019, 11:18:06 AM

All ESGs were moved to 1. There are no more 2-karma (mundane) ESGs if I'm reading the update correctly.

I think I updated my mapping correctly:
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,34069.msg1030833.html#msg1030833
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: kahuna on September 29, 2019, 11:18:06 AM

Yes, all the mundane ones are now 1 karma. But the point is - that karma point is not deducted from your available max karma, if you choose to play one of those characters. It's like it was, when karma first rolled out. You just have to "have" that point, if you want to play that role. Or you can special app it.

But there's no more 30 day waiting period before you can play another one.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

This will encourage using mundane subclasses instead of magick subclasses, which I highly endorse.

Every Amos and Malik being a secret witch gets old, but why would you waste ESG points on mundanes?

Good change.

Bruh sound effect number 3.

Thems some good changes.

Fantastic change!
3/21/16 Never Forget

gg Staff.  Little sad I can't use these options with my current character but next time!

Thanks for posting the recent updates and the role call on the site with links to the threads!  Keep it up staff!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The changes to karma subs, were a good one. Well done.
"Mortals do drown so."

-Fixed a bug in half-elf tracks, they now leave tracks corresponding to the race they picked to look the most like in char gen.

HUGE improvement.  I had the hardest time justifying how a tracker could always spot a breed, even if no one else could.  Um... except for some bouncers.

- Made Kiyet slightly smarter.

Anyone needs extra dread? I'm full up.

Quote from: Dar on October 07, 2019, 03:50:55 PM
- Made Kiyet slightly smarter.

Anyone needs extra dread? I'm full up.

>em smiles quietly.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Now my hidden breeds stay hidden. Bless

omg, YES

- All mundane extended subclasses have been moved to 1 usable karma required to select in character generation.
- All mundane extended subclasses do not use any karma when selecting them.

I love you guys.

- Added communication to the player on character login indicating an approximate number of days (within ~1-day margin) until karma regen.

<3

And a revamped wound system. These are all amazing.

Quote-Fixed a bug in blowgun/dart damage, now capped at 1hp as intended.

While I always understood that blowguns should probably do significantly less damage than bows and crossbows, I am not sure it should be this little, and capped in such a way to effectively turn this skill into a poison delivery tool. I believe as long as you hit, you have the same chance to poison.

The biggest issue I have with this is that this makes a lot of cool aspects of blowgun skill somewhat moot. For example, the darts you use, the blowgun you use, your skill and agility(+spice).

Again never thought blowguns should do tons of damage and nowhere near half kill anyone but should still do a bit of damage based on the same factors that effect archery/crossbows/slings.

Blowguns/crowsbows/bows/slings are not just the same skills re-skinned.  They all have their quirks, some of which are beneficial and some of which are not.

Quote from: Brokkr on October 14, 2019, 02:59:37 PM
Blowguns/crowsbows/bows/slings are not just the same skills re-skinned.  They all have their quirks, some of which are beneficial and some of which are not.

Not disputing this, but I think many of the quirks between these skills are already established.

I just think its enough to have a significantly lower damage threshold(10-20hp~), while still taking into account agility/skill/gear making the skill more multi-dimensional. All this is currently lost by capping the damage of blowguns down to 1hp regardless of all these other factors.

Poisoning still seems to be static chance if hit occurs, and maybe its just been my luck/character but you can hit fairly often soon as the skill pops up already. :-\

When you're using the blowguns. You care about three things.

One is whether, or not you'll hit.
Second is whether or not the hit will carry the poison.
What is the third one? It's not the damage that the dart incurs.

As long as stats, skill, and gear help with those three. Then it should be good.

It's a dart, a tiny little thing designed to maximize the chance of poison delivery. It's thin, like a needle. Getting hit with a needle isn't going to cause enough damage that I would fear for the wound it caused.

I fully agree with them doing only a single point of damage, so long as it goes through armor.

Just repeating others. IRL the only things blowguns are a threat to without poison is very small animals, like sparrows, frogs, small lizards, insects etc. Anything that needle can skewer...and even then, if the dart does not imbed in wood or dirt that animal is going to get away and be unlikely to die. They are in fact nothing more then a poison delivery system. I am sure that IRL a normal human could take likely hundreds of darts without being much more then REALLY pissed off. Assuming not poisoned of course.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Now...as to the other ranged changes...well, mob changes verses ranged...yeah...do not like in current form.

Firstly...As an avid bow hunter IRL I can tell you that 99% of animals run when skewered with an arrow. Even the few that are known to attack only do so sometimes...like 10-20%. Either way you normally only get one shot...which is the only thing realistic about the current code. BUT one shot is all it takes when skewering any vital area...Head/neck/torso. Sometimes it is a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.

Oh, I know, this is Zalanthas, not RL blah blah, but it is just downright silly when you shoot a tregil in the head and not only does it not die or even slow down but it will chase you for miles. Carru...tembo bahamet...fine...hairless raccoon...come on now.

So, I have a question...are there plans to bring ranged damage/effects more in line with this new "realism"?
Lizzie: