Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Would it be possible to change the naked code a little bit?

So, like with current rules change it to something like, mostly naked or almost naked then save just naked for when they actually have nothing at all on? I think that would nicely fix the issue with all these NPCs showing up naked when they are not.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

With the changes to brew, are older cures now useless?

Or will it only really take effect in making new things?

Quote from: Fernandezj on March 22, 2018, 11:48:28 PM
With the changes to brew, are older cures now useless?

Or will it only really take effect in making new things?

Old cures are useless. Have to learn the new cures now.
If they can lift inix with their stubby claws they can lift my fat ass with their beefy backs - Eves #TameableSiltFlyers

If already made old cures are useless, and not just the recipes, methinks that would be a very bad call.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Some of them appear to still be functional. Maybe not all.

I mean, you had a years notice to swap over...
Lizard time.

Quote from: X-D on February 17, 2018, 11:42:17 PM
Would it be possible to change the naked code a little bit?

So, like with current rules change it to something like, mostly naked or almost naked then save just naked for when they actually have nothing at all on? I think that would nicely fix the issue with all these NPCs showing up naked when they are not.

Completely irrelevant. But I laughed at the amount of times 'Naked' Was used in this post.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Do they still sell the old cures in the shops?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: MatisseOrOtherwise on March 23, 2018, 01:20:16 AM
I mean, you had a years notice to swap over...

Those of us that came back more recently and knew the old system haven't had much time to try and figure out the new system and what makes cures for what issues. I've been trying to learn, but I'm just not sure how to figure anything out without trying to poison my PC and then try random combinations since finding PCs with the knowledge IG has proven to be more difficult than I thought.

Took me some 2-3 YEARS of playing to get information IG on the old system.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Oh my god. We dont know how to make cures anymore! This must be how it feels to be a newbie. Scary scary world :)

I got shocked as well. I didnt realize old cures were obsolete now.

I didn't have the least bit of interest in the new code. I guess I'll have to start being interested now!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on March 23, 2018, 01:00:58 PM
I didn't have the least bit of interest in the new code. I guess I'll have to start being interested now!

The new code is fun. I really enjoy it. It's also more flexible and makes a lot more IG sense than the old one.

My take is it's funner for people creating the cures, but less reliable for people consuming the cures. Have to have the skill to actually tell what a given cure does. So the rest of us are at the mercy of the Crafters.

Once every one ypdates their spreadsheets and swap them around on discord we should see a more reliable, easier to use system reemerge.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on March 23, 2018, 01:35:10 PM
My take is it's funner for people creating the cures, but less reliable for people consuming the cures. Have to have the skill to actually tell what a given cure does. So the rest of us are at the mercy of the Crafters.

That's honestly the way it should always have been. Get you a reliable medic.

Yeah it's just an adjustment is all. I can always play dwarves in the meantime if I really don't want to bother. Just aren't enough medic PCs around....yet.

I'm more excited for the ability to use bloodied as a proper keyword.

There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018
Quote from MeTekillot

Spread a wave of rumors that cures are based on vile magick and to not be trusted, then just ignore the new code.

Please don't spread information around OOCly. If you don't want to enjoy the game as it's presented, there are other options for you to experience fun and excitement in today's modern world than ruining the secret for other players of our game.

1. I haven't been playing a year so I don't know what years notice you are talking about.

2. if an item linked to a heavy coded feature of the game like living becomes obsolete its just common decency to say they don't work anymore, and most codebases let you delete useless items.

Once every one ypdates their spreadsheets and swap them around on discord we should see a more reliable, easier to use system reemerge.

Is this a joke or do people actual ruin the game this way?

Quote from: Fernandezj on March 24, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

Is this a joke or do people actual ruin the game this way?

There are some people who do this, yes. The publicizing of this information is harmful to the game IMO but the fact that people know the information, in general, is not, also IMO. The fact that some (mostly former) players don't understand the nuances that differentiate "knowing" and "publically making the info available" is the most harmful, IMO.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on March 23, 2018, 01:56:36 PM
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018
Look at that. A signature at last.

Quote from: Renenutet on March 24, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

I feel a sense of Accomplishment. 
Quote from MeTekillot

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on March 25, 2018, 12:02:25 PM
Quote from: Renenutet on March 24, 2018, 02:08:00 PM

I feel a sense of Accomplishment.

I think you just won the game.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,49825.msg1010094.html#msg1010094

QuoteThe pour command can now be used to pour liquids into the mouths of unconscious, paralyzed, and subdued characters.  This feature is a result of seeing players attempt it in the game and not having it work the way vials do.

Can we drown people?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one