Release Note discussion!

Started by Riev, January 16, 2017, 10:32:07 AM

Quote from: Delirium on February 05, 2018, 06:18:49 PM
Is it purposeful that you can no longer "pack" bodies onto mounts?

Fixed in today's release.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

Quote from: Veselka on February 05, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
What's up with the new parry/block messages? They're super neat, but it's confusing what has changed. Are opponents put off balance by a mediocre parry/block?

They're just flavor text.

I thought not packing animals was cool.
I just didn't realize how much it had changed hunting, but I was definitely ready to adjust.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on February 06, 2018, 02:02:32 PM
I just didn't realize how much it had changed hunting, but I was definitely ready to adjust.

It was a debatable 'fix'.  The only reason corpses were packable on mounts is due to a conceit in the code where corpses were technically containers (so that things can be taken out of them).  This is most apparently in the error message when trying to pack non-containers on a mount.

Still, packing corpses on mounts has been possible for so long it kind of got grandfathered in.

Nessalin,

Could your recent code changes eventually lead to corpses showing a cause of death ?

That would be super cool.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

>the body of the mansa-esque man is here, dead of asking for another present when he just got one
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: nessalin on February 06, 2018, 04:25:58 PM
Quote from: Chettaman on February 06, 2018, 02:02:32 PM

It was a debatable 'fix'.  The only reason corpses were packable on mounts is due to a conceit in the code where corpses were technically containers (so that things can be taken out of them).  This is most apparently in the error message when trying to pack non-containers on a mount.

Still, packing corpses on mounts has been possible for so long it kind of got grandfathered in.

I just like to be able to sling a corpse over the back of my mount and ride into the sunset. Thank you for keeping this possible!

QuoteA naked busy construction crew is standing here.

STAFF: We are going to make these large dangerous creatures as dangerous as they should be, requiring large groups and costing significant coins to acquire their materials.

ALSO STAFF: Lol you got 1 bone from a building sized monster: Git Gud Skinnerz

Quote from: Namino on February 08, 2018, 11:40:12 AM
QuoteA naked busy construction crew is standing here.

They work hard, they play hard.
Lizard time.

Quote from: chavo on February 08, 2018, 12:49:38 PM
STAFF: We are going to make these large dangerous creatures as dangerous as they should be, requiring large groups and costing significant coins to acquire their materials.

This has not been the case since we updated various house-sized creatures 1-2 years ago. Search 'Meatcraft' on the forums for more information.

Quote from: Akariel on February 08, 2018, 04:17:40 PM
Quote from: chavo on February 08, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

This has not been the case since we updated various house-sized creatures 1-2 years ago. Search 'Meatcraft' on the forums for more information.

I think he means that you could still technically "fail" your skinning attempt and barely get anything usable.

You know. The old "I guess I stabbed this gortok a dozen too many times to have a usable hide" bit.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

QuoteUndressed PC races

Does that mean NPC shop assistants are still safe from casual glances?

Staff: Every npc in the game is now naked
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: solera on February 10, 2018, 12:19:23 AM
QuoteUndressed PC races

This means races playable by PCs.  Human, Half-elf, Elf, Desert Elf, Dwarf, Mul, Half-Giant.

Other races don't get flagged as naked when not wearing enough clothing.

Quote from: nessalin on February 10, 2018, 05:10:43 AM
QuoteUndressed PC races

This means races playable by PCs.  Human, Half-elf, Elf, Desert Elf, Dwarf, Mul, Half-Giant.

The naked ruddy-brown mekillot has arrived from the east.

You feel fear.

Skinned items also seem to sink into the ground in cities - is this intentional?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on February 10, 2018, 09:59:05 AM
Skinned items also seem to sink into the ground in cities - is this intentional?

Yes, we're working on messages that relate to the room's type, so that city messages will differ from desert messages, for example.

"is lost into the sand" might feel a bit more seamless than "sinks into the sand", IMHO. Or something else that suggests the sand is covering it rather than a mental image of it sinking into a pit of quicksand a'la 80's movies.

Maybe "is lost to scavengers" or "is lost among the debris" in city environments?

QuoteUndressed PC races

This will be a problem then, for some NPC's  such as the lovely Kadians, unless things have changed?

Quote from: solera on February 10, 2018, 01:09:30 PM
QuoteUndressed PC races

This will be a problem then, for some NPC's  such as the lovely Kadians, unless things have changed?

What theoretically should happen - npcs that previously loaded without clothes, should be re-created so that they DO load with clothes unless their nakedness is intentional.

That way, if a "should be" clothed NPC is naked, players will actually notice it. This can contribute to RP plots - why is this NPC missing his kilt? Who stole it? Or was it given away, to whom, and in exchange for what?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I've noticed in certain circumstances, you seem to get flagged 'naked' even with something around your 'trunk' or 'waist' which'd actually cover you.

I know it's probably a hard thing to navigate in a fullproof way, but I can foresee people getting RP'd at like they're naked when they're not.

Trunk is not a location that defines nudity. Men and women can both show off their pectorals without fear of being naked. (Though your mileage may vary when you're put up against other players).

Waist is also not a location that defines or protects against nudity as a good majority of waist items are belts, sashes, quivers, ect. If you have a loincloth, wear it on your pelvis. That's what the new wear locations were made for!

Yeah, there's one obvious npc which I bugged because their thong is one of those older items which are still worn about the waist.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Hold on, I just noticed the Dispel reach added. If it's what I think it is, that's such a QoL addition we needed!