Oh imagine the fun if...

Started by Typed 'psi' not 'think', October 17, 2003, 10:27:59 AM

So after a little incident the other night (which I'm sure has happened to many people) I got to thinking: what if every random 1/100 or so 'think' commands got turned into 'psi' or 'talk' commands?  :twisted:

Think of all the hilarious situations that would ensue, all the trouble that would he caused... though I suppose more likely people would stop thinking in public/contact.  Perhaps I suppose already people (like me) actually type talk/psi instead of think often enough...

<insert continued but fading ramblings>

Anyone else have any experience with this and feel like sharing? (within IC/OOC limits, of course)

Fun, maybe.  Probably more annoying or frustrating due to the random nature.

I've done 'tell dude' when I meant 'think' and I just roll with it as the PC messing up and blundering.  But considering I can't remember ever saying something outloud I meant to think, I don't think its something that warrants being coded.

I had an instance like that...not to go too IC, I'll just say that there is something out there that that can make you not able to control the volume of your voice, nor keep thoughts in your head.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hey! that's happend to me!

say think Man I hate *****, so annoying.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

QuoteI had an instance like that...not to go too IC, I'll just say that there is something out there that that can make you not able to control the volume of your voice, nor keep thoughts in your head.

I think you should edit your post. You're revealing something too IC that's in help poison.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Wow, look at that.  Didn't know that it was in the poison helpfile.  But did you have to be so sarcastic about it, Carnage?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I've had it happen before with think/talk...

It so happens to kind of suck that I was 'thinking' a really bad insult towards the  person I was 'talking' to. It was great role-play though, especially to see his, and everyone elses expression emotes.