Newcomer in Alllanak.

Started by Syl, November 15, 2016, 03:49:18 PM

November 19, 2016, 06:16:32 PM #125 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:18:14 PM by Barsook
Oh, then (I hope this makes sense), it's just the general racism that you always have.  Humans think that elves are all thieves or humans thinking that all dwarfs are simple minded and stubborn because that's what personalties that humans see and understand in those races.  You could have the same thing the other way also from a point of view of an elf about a human or a dwarf about a human.  The point is that it's just (human) nature.  That's how I understand why there is racism in the Known, humans (and the other races) just assume about the other race.

EDIT: I think I didn't even answer/reply to your reply to mine.  Sorry.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

A natural, yet primitive, xenophobia, ok, but to the point of legal murder??

Then you have done something, IC, that was illegal and which I think you need to send in a request (a question to unclanned staff) asking why it happened the way it happened.
Fredd-

November 19, 2016, 06:55:11 PM #128 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:57:11 PM by Syl
I haven't done anythin that was ilegal, was just sipin an ale pensively at the bar of the tavern. Then the poor youth with whom I had spent a friendly afternoon, comes and sit, with no greetings or words.
I asked him what caused such a change, he barely answered that I was disgustful, and started to call brutishs, rascists half giants pretendin to be offended (called him a 'boy'...) and that I was makin trouble. From there, that was prejudiced questionin , fight that I've imediately disengaged and then to be dragged to the jails of Allanak, where the jailers beat me to death, as I've told them, a bit on the edge true, that I was servin the creator of all things, and that the Highlord was a man also... Close.

You spoke heresey against the God-King of the Citystate... and you were playing a half-elf, and you had no connections.

So yes, when the Templarate, who serves and enforces Tektolnes' will - heard of treason - they made you an example.

It sounds like a great introduction (if harsh) to why the documentation matters, to be honest.

It's also more information than we would normally share on the GDB - I would suggest dialogue with helpers/the staff.

November 19, 2016, 07:39:15 PM #130 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:46:17 PM by Syl
Red some primary docs, but without the feelin of such a tyranical fanatism, eh.

QuoteIt's also more information than we would normally share on the GDB - I would suggest dialogue with helpers/the staff.
The damage is done anyway, and I got a new char (with the same soul, and his consequential, karmatic reincarnation, eh), but that 's a bit too harsh introduction in my view, for what should remains a game, for the fun of all players...

Don't do the same soul, play something else!  Or players will know who you are and I think it's frowned upon anyways.
Fredd-

November 19, 2016, 08:00:30 PM #132 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:02:31 PM by Syl
I don't mean the same personality, but it's obvious that it will be with same style, spirit, that is deeply mine. And as there seems to be a concept of karma with the code, it's seems logical that my chars are linked somehow, no?

nope, each pC is completely unlinked, unrelated, and unaware of the previous PC's existance.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

Of course, I won't play usin infos related to my previous char, but for the mechanics and map learned. I'm just referin to the mood of the choice of my new char, wich is, forcefully, related to my previous. And I like that idea of a coherent succession of chars, without breakin the rule of their personal knowledge, see?

November 19, 2016, 08:29:48 PM #135 Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:32:12 PM by Lizzie
Quote from: Syl on November 19, 2016, 08:00:30 PM
I don't mean the same personality, but it's obvious that it will be with same style, spirit, that is deeply mine. And as there seems to be a concept of karma with the code, it's seems logical that my chars are linked somehow, no?

Karma is something that happens with your *account* - not with your characters. Karma is what they call the levels of trust given to players. Here's the help file:
http://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Karma

You really really REALLY need to look things up in the help files -before- you ask on the GDB. Most of the things you're asking are already documented in help files. Maybe you didn't noticed it - there's a built-in search engine on the main webpage. www.armageddon.org - and when it loads up, look over to the upper right. There's a magnifying glass icon and a box where you can type in a word or phrase.

QuoteOf course, I won't play usin infos related to my previous char, but for the mechanics and map learned. I'm just referin to the mood of the choice of my new char, wich is, forcefully, related to my previous. And I like that idea of a coherent succession of chars, without breakin the rule of their personal knowledge, see?

You are talking about what you, the *player* knows. You know about maps and mechanics. Your characters don't know about maps or mechanics.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

QuoteKarma is something that happens with your *account* - not with your characters. Karma is what they call the levels of trust given to players. Here's the help file:
Ok didn't know precisely the system of it in Arma, was simply followin his semantic meanin, wich, in a way, should correspond to that system. Otherwise that's wrongly named.

Quoteou really really REALLY need to look things up in the help files -before- you ask on the GDB. Most of the things you're asking are already documented in help files. Maybe you didn't noticed it - there's a built-in search engine on the main webpage. www.armageddon.org - and when it loads up, look over to the upper right. There's a magnifying glass icon and a box where you can type in a word or phrase.
I'm leafin a lot on thoses helpfiles, but I need to complete them, as obviously, there are some gaps, eh.

Karma is accurately named.
If you, the player, does good things, plays responsibly and appropriately to the characters and setting of the world, earns trust from staff by this responsible, accurate role playing; then you may be awarded 'karma points' which allow you to play different guilds/races.

Do good things and good things happen.

Sure, that's what I was referin to , sayin that, in a way, the semantic notion of karma should corespond to its Arma system. And as Karma is essentialy a principle of reincarnation, eh.

Yeah he isn't talking about Arm Karma... just that he reincarnated as a similar personality.

Regardless... you mentioned a bar fight. Look up help brawl. If you typed kill or kick during a "brawl" then it WILL become lethal.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

QuoteYeah he isn't talking about Arm Karma... just that he reincarnated as a similar personality.
No, I'm speakin of Arm karma, just that I imagined and created my char in the mood followin the death of the previous one. Just toyin with it, eh. ;)

Quoteyou mentioned a bar fight. Look up help brawl. If you typed kill or kick during a "brawl" then it WILL become lethal.
Nops, haven't started a brawl, I've been sudenly agressed and I've disengaged imediatly, lettin me beaten, as that was so unfair.

The Known is a harsh world not just the code,think before you type in a command like "kill".  I would suggest that you take a break from playing and read the help files so that you understand how the code works and how it works in the game world.
Fredd-

When I was new, the number of helpfiles overwhelmed me, and there's a lot of stuff they leave out because the world is deep and complicated.

Playing humans with martial and/or crafting skills for a while should make things easier for you. Perhaps omit the crafting, since you'd have to know where to get materials, and then be patient enough to get good. I suggested crafting because toolmaking now comes with most crafter subguilds and there are a couple of easy to make tools you can sell for enough to eat off of, if you choose a craft skill that doesn't seem to be workable in your area.

Humans are expected to bow to nobles in the city and defer to them in all things (opinions, share or give up tables, etc.) because they honestly believe that nobles are better and deserve their respect and their table chair. You can have a character who hates nobles, or a particular noble House, but you will, unless secrets are revealed, most likely believe nobles are better because that's what you've been taught to believe, if you are from the city.

Humans rule, everyone else sucks.

That's all you really need, racially, to play a human.

Friends in high places, or being a friend in a high place, will do more for you than any amount of training ever will. You're like, 'But don't aides get assassinated sometimes?' They do, but anyone -openly- trying to kill you, or trying to do so repeatedly and leaving evidence, is going to get in serious shit depending on how well-connected you are. If you are Advisor to a Borsail noble, that scores a lot more points than anything you could be in a merchant house--- unless you happen to be sleeping with that noble. Its complicated! Someone tried to make a 'power chart' once and it flopped, and not for lack of effort.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Quotethink before you type in a command like "kill"
Never typed it, only disengage.

QuoteI would suggest that you take a break from playing and read the help files
QuoteWhen I was new, the number of helpfiles overwhelmed me, and there's a lot of stuff they leave out because the world is deep and complicated.
No helpfiles could have saved me. I red 'the half-elf roleplay', 'the Allanak', and what hapened was just out of comon sense, out of measured roleplay.

You are still talking about IC things on what happened, please send in a request to the staff and they can help you figure out what happened.  But make sure you have logs when it happened.
Fredd-

No logs, and as I said, the damage is done and I won't cry over a two days old char. Just hope the present one will last longer... :-\ Thanks!

Quote from: Syl on November 20, 2016, 10:13:05 AM
No logs, and as I said, the damage is done and I won't cry over a two days old char. Just hope the present one will last longer... :-\ Thanks!

Barsook is trying to explain an actual rule to you Syl. You are not -allowed- to discuss your recent characters, their desires, their interests, their lives, deaths, experiences - on the GDB. If you have concerns about them, you can send a request to the staff. But you aren't ALLOWED to post about it here. It is IC info, and all of us who are players, are not supposed to be finding out about what happens to your character outside the game.

November 20, 2016, 12:18:24 PM #148 Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 12:21:16 PM by Barsook
QuoteSharing or discussing relevant in-game information via out-of-character means is discouraged. Relevant information includes but is not limited to information from within the last year, involving living characters, or involving game mechanics. The rule of thumb is: if it is not in a publicly- available helpfile or document, it should not be discussed out-of-game. This goes for use of the OOC command in game as well as any out-of-game communication. If we find that you are sharing or discussing in-game information, punishment can range from a warning, to karma reduction, to storage of your character, to temporary or permanent bans.

This also applies to the forums, in which I can't seem to find that line in the forum rules.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on November 20, 2016, 12:18:24 PM
QuoteSharing or discussing relevant in-game information via out-of-character means is discouraged. Relevant information includes but is not limited to information from within the last year, involving living characters, or involving game mechanics. The rule of thumb is: if it is not in a publicly- available helpfile or document, it should not be discussed out-of-game. This goes for use of the OOC command in game as well as any out-of-game communication. If we find that you are sharing or discussing in-game information, punishment can range from a warning, to karma reduction, to storage of your character, to temporary or permanent bans.

This also applies to the forums, in which I can't seem to find that line in the forum rules.

It's right here:
Quote5. Do not post sensitive game information, including information about your character, other characters, plots, or magick/psionic mechanics.
on this thread: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,51856.0.html
which is the first thread in the official staff announcements category of the forum.