Web Client
2 (3.2%)
Wintin.Net
0 (0%)
zMUD
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: November 18, 2016, 06:53:42 AM

I am working on a project where I think it would be good for me to try and test the MUD clients most used to play Armageddon.  Please take a moment to select the client(s) (3 max) that you use when playing Armageddon.

Thanks,
Nathvaan

FYI the last "stable" version of MUSHClient was in mid-2014, v 4.94. That's the one I use. There've been a few newer versions created, the current is v. 5.03 which was released in September. Since 2014 there have been a few somewhat significant code changes to the client, so it's possible your work will work on one version, but seem buggy on another. Personally I would suggest if you plan on making changes that will affect the clients themselves, stick with v 4.94 since it's the last "stable" version made, according to its creator, Nick Gammon.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I use a client called Jaba Mud Client, or JMC.  Version 3.26 on one computer and a newer version on another.  I like the older version better but I can't find a download for it anymore.  3.26 was the last version from its creator, a russian guy I think, and then he released the code for others to "improve" but not sure they really did.

Err... I use the default client (FMud client). Does that mean the same thing as "website client"?

The idea of you doing something that affects so much of the game interface that client testing is necessary absolutely terrifies me.

Not that I lack confidence in your skills.

I just love what we've got.

Aardwolf was before Arm for me and they introduced me to their modified mushclient which showed you stats and map on different windows, which was kind of neat.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

I use Savitar on my mac, and MUSHclient on my PC.

Mudlet for me.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Mudelt would be my default choice for the auto spell correcting and the not erasing commands feature. If only I could figure out how to get the silly triggers to color room names I would be happy with it.

I primarily play at work these days, which means I have to use the web client (which, by the way, is an awful terrible thing but I'm glad it works!).

When I'm at home, I just use GMUD. Have for years, if it just had a timer function I'd never touch another program again.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I used GMUD for years, because I could run it off a floppy disk (ha!) or thumb drive and play the game from workstations that didn't allow users to install new software.

At some point, I switched over to CMUD, but the only features I use are the tick timer (so I don't time out and lose link) and sometimes the command-line buffer.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I have always been using Ashavar's AlClient, it is sad to see it not even being mentioned in your long list  :-[ 8)
It is super simple + effective for aliases & basic scripting

Mudlet here.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I use Mudlet.

I think it's alright, though I never use scripts or aliases or things so idk if its better than ohters.

Blowtorch isn't listed. I solely play on my Samsung Galaxy Star, and use that.
Quote from: nauta on February 23, 2015, 04:50:18 PM
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

Quote from: mirk_o_loio on November 11, 2016, 03:11:36 PM
Blowtorch isn't listed. I solely play on my Samsung Galaxy Star, and use that.
Same here except different kind of samsung.

Quote from: Riev on November 04, 2016, 09:13:01 AM
I primarily play at work these days, which means I have to use the web client (which, by the way, is an awful terrible thing but I'm glad it works!).

When I'm at home, I just use GMUD. Have for years, if it just had a timer function I'd never touch another program again.

When I have the chance to play at work I just pull down my mushclient files I have saved to OneDrive. Logging works, have all my notes and maps there too. In college I just carried my mushclient around on a thumbdrive, because it doesn't even require an install. I lost that thumbdrive and all the notes for hidden locations I'd found for the Wheel of Time mud I was playing at the time, so you have options!
3/21/16 Never Forget

I use Savitar, which isn't on the list.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Can anyone recommend a SIMPLE, easy to use client with an auto mapping function? I used to have one, I think, but never got the automap working. The simpler the better.

If after 12 years I FINALLY learn my way around the world outside of Allanak, I'll throw a party.  ;D

Fun fact: when my gypo learned to drive the wagon, I studied logs I took of other gypos driving and wrote down the exact number of times I had to press N, E, etc. to get to Luir's / Tuluk / Allanak and Gypsyland. One time I got it wrong and got totally lost. I think I nearly drove that wagon into the silt sea. My ex clannies will never know how dangerously they lived with me as a driver!

November 16, 2016, 07:33:41 PM #19 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:59:20 PM by azuriolinist
Quote from: Akaramu on November 16, 2016, 06:25:30 PM
Can anyone recommend a SIMPLE, easy to use client with an auto mapping function? I used to have one, I think, but never got the automap working. The simpler the better.

If after 12 years I FINALLY learn my way around the world outside of Allanak, I'll throw a party.  ;D

Fun fact: when my gypo learned to drive the wagon, I studied logs I took of other gypos driving and wrote down the exact number of times I had to press N, E, etc. to get to Luir's / Tuluk / Allanak and Gypsyland. One time I got it wrong and got totally lost. I think I nearly drove that wagon into the silt sea. My ex clannies will never know how dangerously they lived with me as a driver!

I use TinTin++, which has an auto-mapper. It works well, but it's a command-line client, so I'm not sure that would count for easy to use.

I've heard good stuff about CMUD. It's not free, but the automapper looks pretty well-done. I haven't tried it, myself.

Quote from: azuriolinist on November 16, 2016, 07:33:41 PM

I uses TinTin++, which has an auto-mapper. It works well, but it's a command-line client, so I'm not sure that would count for easy to use.

I've heard good stuff about CMUD. It's not free, but the automapper looks pretty well-done. I haven't tried it, myself.

Command line client sounds maybe a little too complicated for me!

CMUD I think is the one I tried where I couldn't get the automapper to work, but maybe I had a buggy version. I'll give it another look. Thanks, guys.