Poison Crafting?

Started by Riev, August 01, 2016, 06:22:08 PM

I always saw that as kind of a cop out and nonsensical.

It's easy. Put them in places with storms or tight corridors that you can't see more than 2 rooms.

August 23, 2016, 04:15:46 AM #52 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:21:29 AM by Synthesis
The most dangerous poison in the game actually loads in a shop on a random basis.

It's not even super-rare, if you play off-peak and can grab it before the veteran peak-players start logging in.

#justsayin

And for what seems like years and years, a peraine throwing dagger loaded in the Salarr shop in Luir's on every reboot, because I guess some scrublord had sold it to Salarr and someone pulled a zone save.  Doesn't load anymore though  :'(
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 04:15:46 AM
The most dangerous poison in the game actually loads in a shop on a random basis.

It's not even super-rare, if you play off-peak and can grab it before the veteran peak-players start logging in.

#justsayin
Always thought this was silly. It makes no sense for multiple reasons.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 04:15:46 AM
And for what seems like years and years, a peraine throwing dagger loaded in the Salarr shop in Luir's on every reboot, because I guess some scrublord had sold it to Salarr and someone pulled a zone save.  Doesn't load anymore though  :'(

I remember this and am glad it got fixed.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I saw the tiniest mention of poison rework in this weeks devnotes.

Does anyone know exactly what was changed and if it relates to any of the suggestions in this thread?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

well for starters, i imagine certain poisons are more likely to take, some are less likely some spawn in different areas, some spawn less.

or maybe some of them have been made less/more dangerous? maybe tablets are less effective? i do not know.

i can guess that maybe they're working to make tablets less of an instant fix and more of a gradual treatment process.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on August 23, 2016, 07:01:10 PM
well for starters, i imagine certain poisons are more likely to take, some are less likely some spawn in different areas, some spawn less.

or maybe some of them have been made less/more dangerous? maybe tablets are less effective? i do not know.

i can guess that maybe they're working to make tablets less of an instant fix and more of a gradual treatment process.

Well, if that's the case, I sure hope they're making the poisons less wtfpwnage if untreated, or that's going to cause a hillarious massacre sooner or later.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

I like the idea of crafting new poisons, but not tied to the brew skill. I would expect it be tied to poisoning, or a poisonmaking skill that branches from poisoning. If it were to exist let assassins get it to master, rangers to advanced, and subguilds to journeyman/advanced. Giving assassin the realm of mastercrafting poisons sounds awesome and fitting with the flavor of the guild. All the plants in the game and knowledge about them are already filling my mind with possibilities.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Well I looked up refactoring and it may just mean that they are trimming the code to make it more efficient, depending on how they are using the term.

Quote from: gotdamnmiracle on August 24, 2016, 07:54:59 AM
Well I looked up refactoring and it may just mean that they are trimming the code to make it more efficient, depending on how they are using the term.

considering the horror stories you hear about this code, i imagine they trimmed the code down to make it more efficient, yes.

a game i loved to death, warzone 2100, was released as freeware and a group called the warzone resurrection project took it up. there were comments made in their forums (eons ago) that the code they had to work with was an absolute nightmare - described as rubber bands and duct tape and bandaids used to hold the whole thing together.

i imagine arm code is similar right now - rubber bands, duct tape, and bandaids.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

I welcome the cleaning of the code, however, I think this thread is loaded with good ideas and if they are going to change weapon properties (IE. fire arrows) then ironing out the poisons in game doesn't seem like to tall of an ask. I hope some of it is in the works.