Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

(sighs heavily, face immediately turning red) Did that happen? Yeesh. Sounds like the kinda screw up a guy spends a while correcting if so! Those things ain't cheap. =p

LOL. I was kinda heated about that plant at the time. Like.. did that just happen? The only thing that would have shocked me more is if you'd have all picked up some furniture and walked out. Then it would have been.. "I just got robbed!" To be fair, though, the plant was settled and paid for afterward.

I've always remembered that afternoon when we were all tipsy and had convinced Ru that the key to the door was missing and for a moment she was convinced that she was trapped. It wasn't a panicky moment, just lazy and mellow as we sat and talked and she just matter of fact declared that we would be stuck in there forever.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Oh, yeah. That was a great plant. A+ office material. Kitt was new as a PC when that happened. I think that event inspired me to play her as being fairly eccentric and unpredictable following long "intellectual" meanderings.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: WanderingOoze on June 17, 2017, 01:03:40 PM
I feel like I remember the name Maristen. Was he ever inside a wagon that got crashed by certain poorly shouted directions?
I feel like that was the guy piloting. But I might be remembering
wrong.

I think you are right, I remember hearing about this when I had Ausk, a crafter in Kadius.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Sheesh, I started a post and it turned into a tribute to everyone I've ever played with.
Just know that whoever you are, you've probably invested enough in your character that you've created someone that I have or that I hope I will get to meet. I've yet to meet anyone, new or otherwise, that I thought was a waste of time. Even that scary guy with the penis tattoos all over his body that chased one of my characters all over the grasslands... thanks.
Some of you I've wanted to play with many times and have at some point done so successfully. Some of you I bumped into on accident and got sucked right into your imagination (weird guy that lived under Nak and lived on mushrooms and moss). Nothing beats a text game, despite the difficulties of conveying some emotions, and even as far back as fifteen/twenty years ago, when some of us played Dark Moon Raiders, I've had some great interactions with people. Take time with the newbies, they have a lot of fresh ideas, and it's always interesting to see new things from people.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote from: WithSprinkles on June 17, 2017, 04:09:33 PM
The only thing that would have shocked me more is if you'd have all picked up some furniture and walked out.

I saw what you did there :3
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Barsook on June 17, 2017, 11:55:06 AM
Was Maristen your first PC, WithSprinkles?

Quote from: WithSprinkles on June 17, 2017, 12:38:48 PM
Yeah, he was.

With all the amazing stuff he made, for all the stuff he got rolled up in, and for as long as he lived, I thought sure there was a vet at the keys.

I've yet to really post in this thread, partially because there are so many awesome characters that I've encountered over the years, but I'm lucky enough to know how a lot of their stories end.  There are a few that stand out in my mind where that isn't the case.

1) Thadia the ex-Bynner.  In this case I know how the story ends, because I may have...helped...co-write that part.  It was essentially unavoidable due to IC circumstances, but it stuck out as one of the more regrettable PK's, mostly just due to the PC's composure in death. What I want to know is what happened to the character before that point that led to there!

2) Su, the dwarven merchant.  This PC sticks out as one of the most realistic, useful, and interesting Indie merchants in my mind.  Where did he end up?

3) Nijaal of the Sun Runners.  I always loved the bizarre messages I got from this elf when playing a merchant back in the day.  Where'd he go?

4) And Keriyah.  I don't want to know, because I can guess.  But I gotta know!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Where did Maristen get the idea for bloodball?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

(smiles) Thanks, JDM. That means a lot from you. I was nervous talking to your character at first, but mine ended up being very fond of yours. I'm glad I got to make stuff for you!

Errr.. well, Barsook. If you remember from working with him, when Mari ran events, sometimes I liked to try and come up with random silly games. They didn't always work out how I imagined they would (lord knows), but people seemed to have fun? In all my craftings, I only saw one wooden ball object and thought that it would be cool if a ball were introduced to the game that was more versatile. I just never personally got around to it due to workload. It was my hope that a ball could be made that people could look at and think of more uses for, you know?

When one of my crafters was looking to make something in leather, the idea of a ball came up as we were speaking and we pitched ideas for the design. Chirys delivered in that aspect and while we were talking about the specifics, she, Zhaka and I brainstormed about a game to go with it.

As we were talking, I started to remember an Aztec game. It had a hard ball that had to be shot through hoops at either end of the field. I knew that a popular Zalanthan game should be properly brutal and bloody and that to get it off the ground, it might be a good idea to get it into the arena. Just the idea of having teams, sponsors and involving lots of people was very attractive and exciting. Something kinda dark made me think it would be fun to tie prisoners up and have them get pummeled to death for points as the goal. It was a rough outline, and as I laid out the notion, Zhaka, who was very good at coming up with names for things, dubbed it "Bloodball".

The House would have to profit to go along with the idea, so we thought of selling team tattoos, uniforms, masks, gear and all kinds of stuff provided by House Kadius to launch the sport and we proposed it to the houses. They loved it and wanted to make teams immediately.

It ended up being a little difficult to execute in practice, but thank you everyone who ran with it and tweaked the rules when it was obvious I knew NOTHING about coded combat (first character - Merchant). I'm happy it kept going a while! It was awesome seeing people enjoy the game and throw themselves into the frenzy of what ended up being.. I dunno? Zalanthan rugby? What would you even call that?

It is my hope that over time it will continue to get love and be everything we hoped for. Even if that game doesn't last though, that crafter made a great object. Be creative and come up with something else for it, folks!
Smooth Sands,

June 18, 2017, 04:53:01 PM #808 Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:54:47 PM by LauraMars
I loved Maristen.

What a great and successful first character.  He and Ellandris had such a special relationship. Everyone assumed they were lovers, but they never were. 

This is a little log of his wonderful roleplay. This scene happened when Maristen's life was under threat by a Kadian. Ellandris took him into the Borsail estate and let him stay there for a little while to shelter him until she could sort out the problems.

QuoteFirmly, you close the curtain.

You say to the short, slender man, in sirihish:
     "Now they're all gossiping down there that I'm up here violating you."

The short, slender man laughs and presses a hand to his mouth.

With a rolling shrug, settling herself on the bench, you exclaim to the short, slender man, in sirihish:
     "Oh well!"

You sit on a small, black marble bench.

The short, slender man says, in sirihish:
     "Would that be so ba -- "

The short, slender man cuts himself off.

Blushing, the short, slender man says, in sirihish:
     "Apologies."

Waving to the seat beside her, quirking a brow at him, you say to the short, slender man, in sirihish:
     "Oh my. I think you just flirted with me."

The short, slender man sits on a small, black marble bench.

At your seat, you say in sirihish, her serious expression broken by a laugh:
     "That's adorable. I always thought you liked men best, though. I mean - that was the impression I got. I guess I could be wrong."

At your seat, the short, slender man says in sirihish, shyly:
     "It's not very proper for me to do so. I'm always very aware of your dignity."

At your seat, the short, slender man says in sirihish, continuing softly:
     "And I am fond of both men and women, I suppose. I just do not often speak up about what I want."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, leaning her back against the sun-warmed stones of the building, looking at the short, slender man, maybe a bit shyly:
     "I don't mind if you flirt. I think it's cute. And honestly, you are awfully pretty for a commoner."

The giant red sun sets over Allanak's west wall.

At your seat, the short, slender man says in sirihish, smiling with slightly flushed cheeks:
     "Thank you. It's never with disrespect. I have liked and respected you a long while."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, tucking a stray curl behind her ear as she looks at the short, slender man:
     "I've liked you for a long while, too. But I just never acted on it. I didn't want to complicate things for us."

The short, slender man glances out over the view with the setting sun and the fading light catches highlights in his dark hair as he turns back to smile at you.

At your seat, you say in sirihish, her own sun-browned cheeks flushing a bit as she looks at the short, slender man:
     "You make it difficult to be resolute, sometimes."

At your seat, the short, slender man says in sirihish:
     "I'm happy that you know. At least I was able to say this. And share it with you."

Feeling uneasy memories, you think:
     "I don't want things to be complicated."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, looking quickly down at her knees:
     "Once I loved a commoner boy. He was my age. And he played the lute so nicely, and had lovely golden curls."

The short, slender man tilts his head at you.

At your seat, you say in sirihish, her tone wryly honest, as she sneaks peeks at the short, slender man from time to time:
     "And then another noble hired him, and tried to use him as a political lever against me, and he got scared, and ran away to the labyrinth and was killed."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, leaning her head back against the wall:
     "I was a wreck about it. If something like that happened to you, I would feel even worse."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, reaching out a hand to tuck a lock of the short, slender man's hair behind his ear:
     "This Axhimas thing is making me think it's all my fault, somehow, if I didn't like you so much, this wouldn't have happened."

You feel the troubled sensation of guilt that powerful people feel when their lives warp the very balance of reality around them.

You think:
     "And normally you don't see it. But then one day you notice it."

At your seat, the short, slender man says in sirihish, quietly:
     "Oh.. I see. It's horrible you had to go through that and that it is a reality of the world we live in. Lady Consul, I will tell you something I was told when I loved someone once before.."

"It hurts to hear and I was so mad at him when he said it but.. Someday, I might die. I know, being the strong smart woman you are, you know that. "

"If and when that happens, I will be happy knowing that I told you. And I feel wonderful knowing you think of me as yours."

The short, slender man winks.

Feeling your heart melt, you think:
     "Awww."

At your seat, you say in sirihish, her expression shifting to display a delighted sweetness at the short, slender man's words:
     "You're such a dear."

You think:
     "Oh, I will cry if Axhimas kills him! I'll cry and then I'll MURDER HER."
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 16, 2017, 03:16:06 PM
Maristen and Macian were joys to play with.
Echo. 
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

QuoteYou think:
     "Oh, I will cry if Axhimas kills him! I'll cry and then I'll MURDER HER."

I love Zalanthas.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Macian was the best. She was very meticulous and methodical in her crafts and watching her with the other crafters, seeing how people flocked to her for quiet assurance in the Hall was a pleasant constant.

I keep seeing LauraMars logs and I want to get as good as that at THINKS and FEELS. Playing with you was great because you were so expressive, it made me want to figure out how to do it too. Ellandris was just incredibly wonderful and I'm glad I got to play alongside her a while.

There was that one aide years ago that drank agvat and kumiss with us that one time, I think. He was influential (as I recall it) and people were really wary of him. I remember that one of us stumbled and he went down on one knee to examine the street more closely. I didn't get why he did it then, but of course he did it to alleviate embarrassment over the fall. I think that was the same guy, anyway. Forget his name. I was regretful when he was presumably murdered.
Smooth Sands,

I played with Macian, Siamaca and Maristen as different people. I know Maristen went to the trouble to put me in Kadius and then I stored right away so I could try the new witch subguilds... eek, sorry about that.

In a world where most of you are assassin-aides and bynners and witches it was kind of nice to see Macian grow a little bit old. I wonder if she ever drove the argosy.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Macian always scolded me for being bloody and stained. :)

Such amazing stories.

A certain swirl-inked half-elven tribal always wondered what became of Bam, the dark, escru-haired female, Gutter, the scarred, ratty-haired woman and Broken Wing of the Sun Runners (Ir'anaza) the skeletal, scarred elf.

Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I stored Gutter out of frustration with plots going on.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Zenith on May 03, 2017, 07:27:46 PM
[/color]Balthazar thinks:
     "Sapphire, I won't forsake you. Perhaps a private ceremony."

oh my fucking god

LMAO
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 20, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
Such amazing stories.

A certain swirl-inked half-elven tribal always wondered what became of Bam, the dark, escru-haired female, Gutter, the scarred, ratty-haired woman and Broken Wing of the Sun Runners (Ir'anaza) the skeletal, scarred elf.

Talk about a trip down memory lane. I remember that half-elf!

Broken Wing was killed by the Red Fangs (which was a little ironic), and subsequently was the last straw that pushed the tribes into full out war.

Broken Wing trust tested my first PC. Eep. I tried negotiating Salarri hunting terms for the Pah with BW against Omar.

Really, she was a good first real character.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

What ever happened to Belenos? When I first started sending in reports and emailing staff (gotta love the days pre-request tool), it felt like he was my own personal staffer and helped me a lot with understanding and getting to explore/ learn about different parts of the world.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Omar, haha. He had such a hard time in Tuluk. Salarr had to pay a lot for his stupid mistakes.

June 21, 2017, 09:28:25 AM #821 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:11:15 AM by Riev
Quote from: palomar on June 21, 2017, 08:19:13 AM
Omar, haha. He had such a hard time in Tuluk. Salarr had to pay a lot for his stupid mistakes.

He was the boss of my first real pickpocket character, I think. And after I'd done something wrong, he gave me a knife scar on my face as a sort of "proof" that I fucked up, but was willing to stick it out. My PP was aiming for Left Hand, coordinating all sorts of shady shit and had intentions to lead a "reacquisition team", but I ended up storing because I got a sponsored role.

I will forever miss you, handsome pickpocket whose name I don't even remember.

edit: And that time Omar's scripts client-side had him suddenly emote something pretty scary and magickal, and he had to OOC "please disregard that, I still have old scripts set up".

I still wonder if he was magickal, or if it WAS just a script, but I laughed OOCly and let it go because it definitely wasn't a coded effect.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The script thing was hilarious. Pretty sure it was from a previous PC like he said. Poor guy.

Whatever happened to Murdle?

I actually picked up a mannerism IRL from Murdle that I use all the time.

Whenever my cat comes into the room I look at him and go, "Hellows!"
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on June 22, 2017, 06:21:56 AM
Whatever happened to Murdle?

I actually picked up a mannerism IRL from Murdle that I use all the time.

Whenever my cat comes into the room I look at him and go, "Hellows!"

Murderous Murdle. If I remember right, I think he was ordered to dispatch a mekillot or something, but I'm obviously not 100% on that. One of the scariest and fun Byn Sarges I ever had!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.