Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

The Luirsman (or possibly Tuluki, I have an uncertain memory of him showing me his hand tats) drovian who was the representative of the witch's quarter to the templarate a long time ago and wore a rope knot puzzle around his neck. Might have had black hair. He was ninety-two or something like that when I met him, and I asked him if he worried about keeling over, and he told me he was not going to keel over. I wonder if his death was something that could be shared, 'cause he sure ain't around now.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

What happened to Su, the dwarf?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: James de Monet on May 18, 2017, 01:15:01 AM
Quote from: Fathi on May 17, 2017, 11:04:47 PM
I kept your stupid plains ox in <that Guild place>...

And suddenly it all makes sense.  You have no idea the abject confusion this caused certain parties.

Numerous times I thought it was an almost-literal drug mule. Eventually it turned into a "lets just pretend its not there"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Whatever happened to that Net-patterned half giant from days long ago?  He had a serious grudge against all elfs and I played alot of shifty characters at that time.  He used to chase my ass all over the city, I remember getting serious OOC anxiety when I spotted him down the street after a certain amount of time went on like this.  lol
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on May 18, 2017, 02:35:30 PM
Whatever happened to that Net-patterned half giant from days long ago?  He had a serious grudge against all elfs and I played alot of shifty characters at that time.  He used to chase my ass all over the city, I remember getting serious OOC anxiety when I spotted him down the street after a certain amount of time went on like this.  lol

It's my dream to inspire anxiety in others, like this.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Whatever happened to that Abomination Giant Creature that wielded a tombstone for a club and kept leaving body parts around?

I remember when the Guild killed off some Amar dude for killing a Salarri Corporal (Or was it Silteye? I forget). But that guy was a Htanya's pet at the time. So we dragged his corpse off and sawed it apart, then spread the severed limbs around all over the place, making it look like it was the Scary Abomination that killed and torn him apart.

Suddenly I imagine bowl cut Templar as Trump and Alme his aide as Spicer. Don't ask me why.

I think Alme is more like Ivanka in this equation. Spicer doesn't really smooth things over. Alme made everything run like a well-oiled machine, despite the captain at the helm being demented.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

May 24, 2017, 01:14:01 AM #758 Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:46:53 AM by Inks
Quote from: Dar on May 01, 2017, 11:43:53 AM
I remember I crit failed on someone and my 'not-so-mundane' identity got revealed. Thankfully it was some Red Stormer Half Giant raider. So I'm walking along the tradesman street, all wondering on what to do about it and there stands Balthazar. You! Come with me!

Holy fucking shit, that was fast! I fumble along with him to his dome meeting place expecting to get me head ripped off and it's just an info shake down. Ooooopphhhhhhh. I remembered this moment IRL where I think to myself, "I should probably start breathing again."

Ooh I was that Red Stormer Half Giant raider. Tosser.

(Of course you didn't get outed by a random HG)

Mined witches was the reason he always carried a pickaxe, after he was eventually told about them.

Bio entry 5:

I have a lotta spice and it must be the best because I always want to have more if I don't have more I feel sick and bad. That is because spice is good.

I sometimes say hello to people and ask them for some coins and sometimes they are not dumb and give me some and sometimes they are and run away and that means I will not ask them for coins next time I will get the stuff because I am smart.

I have a lotta stuff and pals but a lot get eaten by beetles but that is okay because that is how the known works. Some slavers Yellow-Hair Man and a dwarf called Grond came to Storm and said they wanted to catch muls and make them slaves again and I made them scared because I got mad and they didn't come to fight they musta gone a different way. I gotta look after my mul Stormer pals. I will kill those slavers if they come back by being big and hurting them.

A lotta people know me now and say hello Tosser and then I say yes I am Tosser, I am a stuff getter. Some people said I was a raider but they are dumb because raiders are bad and I am a good person stuff getter and smarter than them because I am better at not getting eaten.

I just love how you wrote it exactly the way the stream of thoughts would have been running though his simple half-giant brain. Perfect.  :)

Quote from: Inks on May 24, 2017, 01:14:01 AM
Quote from: Dar on May 01, 2017, 11:43:53 AM
I remember I crit failed on someone and my 'not-so-mundane' identity got revealed. Thankfully it was some Red Stormer Half Giant raider. So I'm walking along the tradesman street, all wondering on what to do about it and there stands Balthazar. You! Come with me!

Holy fucking shit, that was fast! I fumble along with him to his dome meeting place expecting to get me head ripped off and it's just an info shake down. Ooooopphhhhhhh. I remembered this moment IRL where I think to myself, "I should probably start breathing again."

Ooh I was that Red Stormer Half Giant raider. Tosser.

(Of course you didn't get outed by a random HG)

Mined witches was the reason he always carried a pickaxe, after he was eventually told about them.

Bio entry 5:

I have a lotta spice and it must be the best because I always want to have more if I don't have more I feel sick and bad. That is because spice is good.

I sometimes say hello to people and ask them for some coins and sometimes they are not dumb and give me some and sometimes they are and run away and that means I will not ask them for coins next time I will get the stuff because I am smart.

I have a lotta stuff and pals but a lot get eaten by beetles but that is okay because that is how the known works. Some slavers Yellow-Hair Man and a dwarf called Grond came to Storm and said they wanted to catch muls and make them slaves again and I made them scared because I got mad and they didn't come to fight they musta gone a different way. I gotta look after my mul Stormer pals. I will kill those slavers if they come back by being big and hurting them.

A lotta people know me now and say hello Tosser and then I say yes I am Tosser, I am a stuff getter. Some people said I was a raider but they are dumb because raiders are bad and I am a good person stuff getter and smarter than them because I am better at not getting eaten.

You were Tosser? Hahaha. Kudos man. I was hoping that we'd have some fun interactions together. Now that you knew my identity. I heard that at some point, you were digging for worms, because my BS got you thinking that mindworms lived underground.  Big Huge Kudos.

Hilarious, that your next character ended up being in the very same clan as me. Also a pretty colorful dude, whom I kept feeding people. I was planning to screw with your head sooooo baaaaad, in most wondrous  and intricate of ways. Although at one point I contemplated if I could provide the amount of insanity that he didnt provide all on his damn own. Shame he died.

Quote from: Rathustra on October 26, 2016, 04:48:06 PM
Quote from: nauta on October 26, 2016, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Kankfly on October 20, 2016, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 07:14:16 PM
Submit stuff and I will pick and choose stuff so people know how great Northlands and Team Evershine was.

So is the original submissions request working? I'd like to submit logs but some are saying it doesn't work, so what should I do?

On second thought, maybe it's the wrong place to ask this question.

Since it's been over a year, I always wondered: during that big HRPT battle where we moved on Ten'Serak(?) or whatever, do you'all remember when the main army breaks its march upon seeing a magicker all in flames resting in the desert there?  And we just slaughtered the shit out of it.  I always wandered: was this a PC who had just gone AFK in the wrong spot?

The space between the two front lines was entirely closed off, but could be fallen into - the fall was one-way - there was no way to climb back out.

See, what had happened was....

I was investigating the area around Ten Serek for a third party (neither Allanak or Tuluk).
I fell into the inescapable space between a giant wall and an Allanaki army behind gates on the other side.

I spent three real-life days trying to find a way out, and had eventually decided to invade a kryl cave in that space and steal their source of water before I died of thirst.
I magicked myself into neigh indestructibility, and sat down to restore my mana/move points right outside the cave.
I went to pee.
IIRC, I came back, and an army had beaten me to about half-way through my hit points before I stood up and started slinging fireballs, etc.

If anyone has a log of this, I would really like to see it.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Dakota on September 15, 2016, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: CodeMaster on September 15, 2016, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: Delirium on September 15, 2016, 11:15:43 AM
Quote from: Iiyola on September 15, 2016, 11:12:57 AM
I am still curious why Corra summoned my char to her imminent death. :P

You shared a keyword with someone extremely dangerous who she'd been ordered to kill. I felt awful.

If it makes you feel any better, it's one of the reasons I tried not to resort to summon on PCs again unless it was the only avenue that made sense.

Brutal.

<.< I'm glad that damn spell is long gone.

Whatever happened to that gaggle of Wind Gickers who were messing w. the SLK for like 2 months in 2011? There were 3 (?) Us and the Arabet got 2 (least I think 1 was a wind witch...). It was super fun. No gank summons. Just good RP.

And Pitch. What happened to Pitch? Lusts nearly PK'd him in the Pah during the start of the Asil shitstorm...

I played the purple-eyed breed ( don't think that was his sdesc )
He was not aware of the others.  The first time he summoned the SLK merchant PC, it was by accident.  He was a big game hunter/poison procurer by trade.  He saved the SLK from the trap he'd sat for whatever beast he was planning, and sat with her for several game hours sharing food and water with her before helping her find her way home. Actually, I think he ended up magicking her home at no small amount of risk to himself.  He kidnapped her several times after that, and she would tell him stories about the tribe, and he ended up somewhat obsessed with Lusts for Blood due to a great respect, if not jealousy, over her hunting prowess.  He would converse with Lusts over the way often, and I think they even had a friendly war game (at least from my PCs point of view) of hunting each other. 

He had actually been trading with the Sun Runners previous to being outed as a witch by a Sun Runner (I hope a newb) identifying him while 1.invisible, 2.facewrapped and a 3.wearing different clothes/cloaks when living his two different lives.  Ended up dying while Invis and roleplaying with the Arabet you mentioned.  I did not know the loophole/feature/bug about a certain protection spell and [leave] exits that he used to kill me, so I died. :D  It was a very fun character.  I wish I could remember the SLK's name that he would kidnap for "dates nights."
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: path on August 24, 2016, 12:31:10 PM
Whatever happened to Lady Ru? What happened to Pappintia?

Since it's been over a year now and I have a little time (work Internet down, woo!), this is what I remember about Puppy:

She was a great bastard/aide and so of course the other aides loved to hate her. Ru was constantly fielding requests by other nobles, on behalf of their aides no doubt, to pretty please look the other way if Puppy got killed. But Ru was all no way, I love Puppy.

Then Ru fell madly in lust with this commoner that eventually became her concubine. The concubine and Puppy got along like cats and dogs and Ru finally got tired of the concubine whining. So she dropped some hints around about how she and Puppy were on the outs and how HORRIBLE it would be if something happened to her. I think she was dead like two RL weeks later. Maybe coincidental, but Ru took credit.

Ru ended up marrying into Oash, which was totally logical after the way she fucked Borsail over with the Senate thing (by lying to the one Borsail about what the other Borsail that Ru just HATED had failed to offer and playing off the Fale support of Oash like a last minute thing she had no control over). I had some RL health issues in my family and got really depressed. Ru wasn't really suited to Oash and I didn't have the mental energy to dig myself out of the hole I got in, so she stored to focus on the virtual babies she was making for Oash.

She was such a pretty little liar.  8)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Whatever happened to Yolo the Dorf?

Been well over a year so now I can be (only slightly) more detailed about Puppy's death. Only slightly because I never found out anything else.

She was on the balcony of Red's, just chillin out by herself, sitting on the bench. The curtain was closed. She'd been parked there for several minutes. I was alt-tabbing to check out a website at the time, back and forth every 10-20 seconds. I tabbed back to the game and noticed a hooded figure was attacking her.  By the time I had a chance to type "stand" it was all over. I never saw him show up, even though Puppy was sitting on the bench, which faced the balcony which he must have climbed up in order to reach her. I never had a chance to type "look figure." I checked back on the log, and there's absolutely nothing there. The guy wasn't there, then all of a sudden he was attacking her (or she?) and then she was dead.

Puppy was much loved by some, much loathed by others. I assumed it was a planned assassination, but it could just as easily have been a spontaneous PK by some random stranger who had just recently buffed up his climb skill.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The way everyone interacted during that time period was fun as heck. I think most nights I wanted to smack the lot of you in the back of the head and hug everyone equally. I was pretty disappointed when I didn't see Ru around anymore, but RL happens. Loved that hair, doll.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

What happened to Marisan(SP), the Kadian Merchant?  Did he really die of old age?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on June 15, 2017, 07:11:58 PM
What happened to Marisan(SP), the Kadian Merchant?  Did he really die of old age?

Maristen.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Lizzie on June 15, 2017, 06:36:44 PM
I never saw him show up, even though Puppy was sitting on the bench, which faced the balcony which he must have climbed up in order to reach her. I never had a chance to type "look figure." I checked back on the log, and there's absolutely nothing there. The guy wasn't there, then all of a sudden he was attacking her (or she?) and then she was dead.

Why must the killer have climbed up the balcony?

Quote from: WithSprinkles on June 15, 2017, 07:01:42 PM
The way everyone interacted during that time period was fun as heck. I think most nights I wanted to smack the lot of you in the back of the head and hug everyone equally. I was pretty disappointed when I didn't see Ru around anymore, but RL happens. Loved that hair, doll.

Awwww thanks!  In my Head Canon, she's puttering around the Oash estate somewhere in the present/future as the tiny, blue-haired old lady.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

June 15, 2017, 10:37:18 PM #771 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:15:41 AM by sleepyhead
My character at the time was pretty naive.

You see, I'm a terrible schemer. I knew OOCly that Lady Ru's player was leagues ahead of me so I didn't even try to pretend ICly that I was the sort of person who could compete. I the player knew I wouldn't have been able to muster up even one tenth of her cunning. So instead I had my PC trust her way more than everyone advised they should and tell her things that they never should have told her in a million years. All the kudos to you, Ru.

Quote from: Riev on June 15, 2017, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: Barsook on June 15, 2017, 07:11:58 PM

Maristen.

Mmmm, no. He actually died of a severe coughing illness and passed relatively peacefully in the Kadian compound.

I'd enjoyed playing him tons, but after a few years I was burning out fast and was curious about new roles. I took pleasure in filling orders and didn't want to become absentee or not give people good service because I was losing drive, so I stepped aside so someone else could move up and have fun.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Maristen was great. I enjoyed our times together. Empty spaces and all :)

Mari was a boss!   8)  Big Kadian Kudos Sprinkles
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.