Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Oh, heard Pip fell in a hole.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Albie was incredible and set the bar all half-giants are measured against for me.

I would say that Albie not only set the bar for HGs but also for Bynners.

I remember sitting in the bar as an undercover tribal, filled with seething hatred to all Allanaki, due to ... stuff.

At the same bar there was Albie and some female half giant. They were talking and brushing each others hair. They were soooooooo wonderful. Even my Nakki hating tribal couldn't help, but grin and lovd Albie

I had a character who was mates with Pikks (the black-skinned half-elven male), Albie's sergeant in the Byn.  When I met Albie the first time he was confused why Pikks was talking to this breed, and he not-too-subtly pointed out the obvious to Pikks "Uhh.  She's a breed." 
My PC looked between the two of them, a little perplexed, and after Albie trundled off Pikks just explained, all matter-of-factly, that in Albie's head, he's a sergeant, not a breed, and that was that.

Years and years later, with another PC, I was in the Byn with Albie.  Pikks was long dead at this time, and Albie knew it, but when some random PC "the black-skinned half-elf" came walking by, Albie stops what he's doing and peers over at him, looking all sorts of confused.  "Uh.  Sarge?"

Yeah, Albie was pretty great.

Albie deserves a statue!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

He did get an arena event dedicated to him. But yeah, he deserves a statue.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

May 13, 2017, 05:44:46 PM #732 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:40:15 PM by Delirium
Quote from: Only He Stands There on August 20, 2016, 07:29:54 AM
Lots of the old crew from the era, I already know the endings of, but -

early 06 - late 07 end of the world times:
Expansion Division - Bryn? Hawk? Arun? I know Bryn wound up in Tuluk, and I know Arun we SUSPECTED of being a traitor.

Serba?

Venom?

Deadeye? (I know there've been several; this one was of the less-than-savory celf persuasion.)

Wow, amazing that someone remembered Deadeye. I played him back in 2007-08.

You are Moebius.
Keywords: murky-hued tendril-bearded elf Deadeye
Sdesc: the murky-hued, tendril-bearded elf
Objective:
Long Description:
Code Generated Long Description.
You are 44 years, 0 months, and 10 days old,
which by your race and appearance is mature.
You are 90 inches tall, and weigh 7 ten-stone.
Your strength is very good, your agility is very good,
  your wisdom is very good, and your endurance is above average.
You are neither hungry nor thirsty.
Your health is 94(94), you have 118(118) mana, 112(123) stamina,
and 92(92) stun.

You are:
Tribemember of the Haruch Kemad, jobs:
A member of the Sandas, jobs:
A member of the Blackmarketeers, jobs: leader
Relationship to the land is malign.

He was a Nilazi c-elf and was up to all kinds of wierd shit with rinthi folk, the merchant houses and also the d-elves and sorcs who were alive at that time. He was a Haruch Kemad member and also ran the Blackmarketeers out of the eastside.

A favourite passtime of Deadeye's was to <do creepy thing> scaring people. The other was of course exploring - right from the sewers of the rinth to the far reaches of the Mantis Valley and also the deepest crypts of UnderTuluk. Terrorizing the rinth with <creepy stuff> was another fun activity!

He would always be seen wearing a different kind of cloak and had his hands in quite a few shady deals going on in the Rinth/Nak and the Pah.

After so many years, I guess its safe to mention that he'd made a deal with a psionicist who needed his help, and in turn gave him the ability <to do terrifying stuff!>

Over the years, some of the personalities Deadeye interacted with : Stare, Ankha, Venom, Raynai, Brethel, Midge, Khortoc Salarr, Kon, Kija, Dancer, Falcon, Dolly, Ink and Slash, to name a few.

Deadeye died an ignoble death when he stepped off a 3-storey tower and fell to his doom in the Pah.

Edited for IC stuff by Delirium.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Ha, I remember playing with Deadeye when I was playing Rash.

Rash died in Tuluk because I didn't know Tuluki templars could do (x, y, z) at the time, after he got so much heat on him for stealing Samos's keyring and magick sword that he wasn't even safe in the 'rinth anymore.  We had cut some deal with the d-elf Pah dudes, so I was "safe" in the d-elf outpost, but I got bored one day and flew to Tuluk.  Derp.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Ah, Haruch Kemad, how I miss thee.

Though I didn't know they could be nilazis.  We only had sorcerers around.

And I was always the shifty mundane.  *snicker*

QuoteWe had cut some deal with the d-elf Pah dudes, so I was "safe" in the d-elf outpost, but I got bored one day and flew to Tuluk.

Eastside-to-Pah connections.  They need to come back as a 'general truth'.  *sage nod*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Pip was one of my longest lived characters. Henn (the player of Henn) doesn't play anymore, but that player really rocked the mud for me. We had such a crazy life. We traveled the known, worked for Tor, Kadius, and then on our own, made enemies of templars, shared apartments with templars (and assassins), lulz'd with Fangs (while we also were terrified of being murderized by them), tried to hide from sorcerers, and traded with everyone and lied to everyone at the same time.  We were shameless exploiters and lucky opportunists.

------

I also played Fanny. So many awesome folks all around Tuluk. I hope that the playerbase increases enough that we can have more places to play again. Is it snobbish to think that some of the best players played in Tuluk?

-----

It's been a few years, but I'm back to playing a little here and there.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

May 14, 2017, 01:44:15 PM #736 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:40:27 PM by chrisdcoulombe
I interacted with Pip across two of my characters.   Pip was great.       I played Dryl the dwarf that, with the help of Pyron was able to steal a Wagon full of <stuff>. 

Pip is standing out on the outer circle and Pyron is piloting the wagon horribly.  Dryl is so wasted from drinking <stuff>.  We stop and talk to Pip and I think some Desert elf.  Pyron and Dryl give  them a bottle.  Pip and that desert elf look at each other with some emote of surprise and say "<stuff>"!?   

Also I played Aray, who became a private in the AOD.  Aray had become friends with who he thought was a crafter,  Gul Forager.  Gul and Aray had been friends for around a year before he discovered that Gul was a witch.  Gul and Aray hated elves and loved to play dice.  They were basically best friends.   

They concocted some reason to start a fight with this elf named Az, who I believe was a Sando, but could be wrong.  Any way as it escalates there is this Ruk named Grell?  I think.  Grell got accused of doing a bunch of damage to the folly.

Aray steals some <stuff> from the Templar's quarter and tells Gul about the <stuff> and that Grell was suspected of damaging the folley.   Aray tells Gul we could use this opportunity to teach that Az a lesson.       

So, Aray and Gul change into rinth gear and walk up to Az's safe house,  Aray eats <stuff>.  We pretty easily wipe that safe house with two long lived characters a warrior and a viv.  Inside there is a chest with like 10k coins and some custom boots that belonged to Az.

Gul takes the boots and starts wearing them around and Az sees Gul with the boots on.  Gul Shirks off Az, but Az being a Jaxa has some power.   

Pip comes and talks to Gul about it and suggest that Gul got the boots from Grell.  So Grell ends up getting blamed for the whole thing and is eventually killed.

edited for IC infoz by Delirium.
Quote from MeTekillot

Guys, please dial back on what you're posting/revealing here. This thread has been reported more than once for IC info. Just because it's old doesn't mean it will be okay to post. If you're not sure, don't post it!

Thanks!

Sorry :-X
Quote from MeTekillot

Oh right, the stolen wagon... I think I was with Smorte, who I don't think plays anymore, who was Pips old Tor buddy and roomy at the time.

Pip really liked Az, he made some beautiful armour. Pip never went into the narrows, but he was really impressed by the whole Jaxa situation, it seemed so fragile but fierce.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on May 14, 2017, 01:44:15 PM
I interacted with Pip across two of my characters.   Pip was great.       I played Dryl the dwarf that...

Also I played Aray...

edited for IC infoz by Delirium and briefed by Stark.
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

This has already been mentioned before but I can't go through all 30 pages so maybe someone can update me.

Does anyone know what happened to the Pale, sable-haired woman (I think that was her sdesc).  I think she was an Elkinhym bard but I feel like I met her over so many characters, she always seemed fun and up to mischief. I remember once she roped a freshly-made character of mine into a prank which involved her hiding in her friend's room and then trying to convince her it wasn't her apartment.

Youko was her name.
--
Also, I loved Pip and Henn.

Love,
pof Ayla of Konviwedu and Kadius
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: ExtraPlanar on May 15, 2017, 05:56:38 PM
This has already been mentioned before but I can't go through all 30 pages so maybe someone can update me.

Does anyone know what happened to the Pale, sable-haired woman (I think that was her sdesc).  I think she was an Elkinhym bard but I feel like I met her over so many characters, she always seemed fun and up to mischief. I remember once she roped a freshly-made character of mine into a prank which involved her hiding in her friend's room and then trying to convince her it wasn't her apartment.

I hope that ended in a stabbing.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

May 16, 2017, 07:11:38 AM #743 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:15:39 AM by Only He Stands There
Quote from: nauta on August 25, 2016, 09:23:06 PM
Quote from: Only He Stands There on August 25, 2016, 05:52:32 PM
Glass was murdered by Black because Shank told him to. Orders from on high. Then Black took her position. Very Armageddon chain of events.
Shank was a brilliant staple too.  I went through a few rinthers in a row, and heard this one story he used to tell about a stolen sword and a crazy woman just as many times.

Whatever happened to Shank?

And the Dealer before Glass was a short guy -- he ran with a guy named Gantz, Gentz?  I was one of their whores.
It hadn't been a year yet. Now it has.

Shank was a Rinthi mul assassin that I made specifically to avoid high-profile/leader roles, because I figured he'd be a little too thick/temperamental to promote to a leadership position. I was wrong - he joined the Guild thanks to Broker, the slurp-tastic disfigured freak who was the ranking Guild PC at the time and was amazing. He carried a little spoon he'd eat soup with, and since he was missing part of his cheek and his teeth were exposed, half of it would run out back into his bowl. I loved that dude. Then there was the rest of the crew - Dealer and a number of others, some of whom might be alive but not playing, so I'll refrain from mentioning.

Broker died, Dealer and Shank pulled double-duty as leaders. Dealer ran the public stuff, Shank ran the Rinth side. Shank hired two ruffians out of the Byn named Plague and Gantz who were two of the best Rinthi scumbags anyone could ask for. Then I had life issues, which happened a few times in Shank's life, and when I came back, things were topsy turvy. Dealer died, Plague got promoted, Plague died, and some chick named Glass was in the Guild now, and acting like she was in charge--and also double-dealing with the Templarate. She had a small crew that were loyal to her. So Shank told Black, hey, you take care of this Glass problem, you move up. He did, and Shank kept his word. Black got murdered, Shank was de facto in charge again, Blue came around. Blue came in charge, then quit playing.

Shank played a long, long time in a desolate empty westside Rinth (or at least desolate and empty as I was now offpeak), unable and unwilling to leave it because it's home and the Guild is his family, and I got bored. I stored him for another role.

Edit to add: Shank kept pieces of all of his favourite members of the crew. He had Broker's spoon, one Dealer's cards, Plague's earring, <Redacted because unsure if people knew he was in the Guild>'s ring, and <Redacted also's> bandana all in a pouch on his person. He also only ever killed 3 PCs, one of whom was the crazy woman nauta mentioned. The story was 100% true.

Quote from: Feco on May 15, 2017, 11:05:58 PM
Quote from: ExtraPlanar on May 15, 2017, 05:56:38 PM

I hope that ended in a stabbing.
Unfortunately it didn't.

Quote from: Only He Stands There on May 16, 2017, 07:11:38 AM
Glass was murdered by Black because Shank told him to. Orders from on high. Then Black took her position. Very Armageddon chain of events.
Shank was a brilliant staple too.  I went through a few rinthers in a row, and heard this one story he used to tell about a stolen sword and a crazy woman just as many times.

And the Dealer before Glass was a short guy -- he ran with a guy named Gantz, Gentz?  I was one of their whores.

Shank was a Rinthi mul assassin that I made specifically to avoid high-profile/leader roles, because I figured he'd be a little too thick/temperamental to promote to a leadership position. I was wrong - he joined the Guild thanks to Broker, the slurp-tastic disfigured freak who was the ranking Guild PC at the time and was amazing. He carried a little spoon he'd eat soup with, and since he was missing part of his cheek and his teeth were exposed, half of it would run out back into his bowl. I loved that dude. Then there was the rest of the crew - Dealer and a number of others, some of whom might be alive but not playing, so I'll refrain from mentioning.

Broker died, Dealer and Shank pulled double-duty as leaders. Dealer ran the public stuff, Shank ran the Rinth side. Shank hired two ruffians out of the Byn named Plague and Gantz who were two of the best Rinthi scumbags anyone could ask for. Then I had life issues, which happened a few times in Shank's life, and when I came back, things were topsy turvy. Dealer died, Plague got promoted, Plague died, and some chick named Glass was in the Guild now, and acting like she was in charge--and also double-dealing with the Templarate. She had a small crew that were loyal to her. So Shank told Black, hey, you take care of this Glass problem, you move up. He did, and Shank kept his word. Black got murdered, Shank was de facto in charge again, Blue came around. Blue came in charge, then quit playing.

Shank played a long, long time in a desolate empty westside Rinth (or at least desolate and empty as I was now offpeak), unable and unwilling to leave it because it's home and the Guild is his family, and I got bored. I stored him for another role.

Edit to add: Shank kept pieces of all of his favourite members of the crew. He had Broker's spoon, one Dealer's cards, Plague's earring, <Redacted because unsure if people knew he was in the Guild>'s ring, and <Redacted also's> bandana all in a pouch on his person. He also only ever killed 3 PCs, one of whom was the crazy woman nauta mentioned. The story was 100% true.

Shank was pretty cool :). I was that tribal that just hang around that awesomesauce wheezy/slurpy dude for no obvious reason. Had life issues/tribe responsibilities as well, but what little time I've managed to spend with you guys was totally awesome.

Aww, that's sweet. I remember who you played. Those were really good days, so much fun.

Quote from: boog on May 15, 2017, 10:52:40 PM
Youko was her name.
--
Also, I loved Pip and Henn.

Love,
pof Ayla of Konviwedu and Kadius

I really liked your character and the long talks we occasionally had. 
I was saddened when I stopped being able to track him down.

Quote from: Dar on May 16, 2017, 10:46:28 AM

Shank was pretty cool :). I was that tribal that just hang around that awesomesauce wheezy/slurpy dude for no obvious reason. Had life issues/tribe responsibilities as well, but what little time I've managed to spend with you guys was totally awesome.

I kept your stupid plains ox in <that Guild place> for an unreasonable amount of time before I finally snapped and killed the stupid thing.

That was such a great Guild crew. Erv/Suckface/Broker, Dealer, Shank, Plague, that turquoise-eyed woman I remember only as Gems, Zee the mul, Dar's tribal. And then the spooky upper echelon of Laughter and Tears that a lot of the lower level PCs never even met. Like, I don't think Laughter ever even met Gantz. Laughter used to occasionally meet members of the crew southside and they'd like sneer and side-eye at her as some soft, shitty southsider without knowing she was their three-levels-up boss.

I remember when Laughter had no choice but to kill someone. Hork asks her for orders. She can't order Hork to let a guy live. So we kill the guy, and she immediately runs into the backroom, grabs Plague's hat off his head, and vomits explosively into it.

Plague took that shit in stride.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on May 17, 2017, 11:04:47 PM
I kept your stupid plains ox in <that Guild place>...

And suddenly it all makes sense.  You have no idea the abject confusion this caused certain parties.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.