Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Kankfly on October 20, 2016, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 07:14:16 PM
Submit stuff and I will pick and choose stuff so people know how great Northlands and Team Evershine was.

So is the original submissions request working? I'd like to submit logs but some are saying it doesn't work, so what should I do?

On second thought, maybe it's the wrong place to ask this question.

Since it's been over a year, I always wondered: during that big HRPT battle where we moved on Ten'Serak(?) or whatever, do you'all remember when the main army breaks its march upon seeing a magicker all in flames resting in the desert there?  And we just slaughtered the shit out of it.  I always wandered: was this a PC who had just gone AFK in the wrong spot?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on October 26, 2016, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Kankfly on October 20, 2016, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: Rathustra on August 03, 2016, 07:14:16 PM
Submit stuff and I will pick and choose stuff so people know how great Northlands and Team Evershine was.

So is the original submissions request working? I'd like to submit logs but some are saying it doesn't work, so what should I do?

On second thought, maybe it's the wrong place to ask this question.

Since it's been over a year, I always wondered: during that big HRPT battle where we moved on Ten'Serak(?) or whatever, do you'all remember when the main army breaks its march upon seeing a magicker all in flames resting in the desert there?  And we just slaughtered the shit out of it.  I always wandered: was this a PC who had just gone AFK in the wrong spot?

The space between the two front lines was entirely closed off, but could be fallen into - the fall was one-way - there was no way to climb back out.

In my mind, someone dropped a flaming, angry krathi in the middle of Allanaki forces, and laughed for -days- afterwards.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Hehe.

You try to climb, but slip.
You plummet to the ground below...
> l r

Somewhere In The Desert [N, E, S]
The golden-maned, scarred templar is standing here, looking a bit winded.
A fiery-eyed, scarlet-scaled ratlon stamps its feet restlessly here.
A fiery-eyed, scarlet-scaled ratlon stamps its feet restlessly here.
The tall male wearing a dusty silver accented, jade-inlaid kenku mask has arrived from the east, riding a grey-scaled, silver-shelled inix.
The bandy-legged, no-necked man has arrived from the east.
The tall figure in a dark, hooded cloak has arrived from the east, riding a glossy, black-scaled inix.
A red-striped, white sunback lizard has arrived from the east.
A mob of shambling figures has arrived from the east.
The honed, forelocked man has arrived from the east, riding a brown inix.
The spartan, peshek-brown man has arrived from the east.
The figure in a dusty inky-black, hooded sandcloth greatcloak has arrived from the east, riding an inix.
The figure in a dusty hooded, tattered dark red stormcloak has arrived from the east, riding an inix.
A rag-tag unit of northern fighters has arrived from the east.
The ruddy, brunette man has arrived from the east, riding an inix.

think Well, shit.

as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Whatever happened to Khem Tor? I found a couple logs that featured her the other day and they were goddamn hilarious. My character at the time never actually interacted with her sadly due to never quite having a reason to, but every social event I went to she cracked me the hell up.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

the something, snaggly-toothed man was the first memorable pc I ever interacted with, in Tuluk. God, I wish Tuluk weren't closed.

This guy seemed to get the drift that I was relatively new. He occasionally taught me without being obvious about it. He was a subsistence clay grebber who was on the lookout for Kadian hunter openings and eventually snagged one. He ate erdlu stew at the Kadian bar, while I lived on milk. He was so happy to snag the position. He had a lot of energy. He didn't tell me which position he had gotten but it was probably hunter, most of them are. I wonder whether he died to animals, or died to the flood. I died to the flood; well, specifically, to leaving tuluk in the middle of the flood. I wonder if anyone remembers my stupid breed.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

MISSED CONNECTIONS

Me: A potter selling clay canteens and whistles in the Allanak bazaar. Northern tattoos. Female.
You: A disgusting rinthi hustler who breathed on me and robbed me of my wares.

I felt we had a real connection. Write back if you see this and tell me what you did with that purple canteen.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Anyone remember that obscenely, impossibly fat male Tuluki noble? What was his name, and did he die to anything, or store like the rest of the nobles?

Dragean Tenneshi?  Rode a ratlon around because he couldn't walk far?

i thought he rode an erdlu.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

He had a gwoshi for awhile. Chosen Lord Raleris conspired with the Muarki to have that gwoshi stolen... Later on Raleris told the story as how he saved Dragean's life, because those Muarki wanted to have Dragean killed. Simultaneously bragging, of course, that it was stolen. I think that's why there was always an NPC with Dragean's mount after that.

They had an impressive level of hate. Amusingly, most of the things Raleris accomplish he'd compare to Dragean ("unlike SOME people, who did [horrible view of the thing here]"), while Dragean would do the same thing ("[large words that mean "I did this stuff"] and [large words to vaguely reference something embarrassing to Raleris/Winrothol]").

I'm not sure I've seen any other rivalry that compared to that one.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I really liked the last male noble of Dasari. He was my boss, I grebbed stuff for him, I was an unmanifested ruk called Kaga. I was actually in on secret things for once in my Arm career. I suppose my lack of apparent skills were obvious in the days when you could sniff out a main guild witch, but I think few enough people did that (I love playing unmanifested people in Tuluk) that they didn't really suspect me of being more than some human girl who disliked hunting and picked the ranger guild.

Quote from: Refugee on November 06, 2016, 10:06:33 PM
Dragean Tenneshi?  Rode a ratlon around because he couldn't walk far?

I think that was his last mount.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Refugee on August 15, 2016, 11:04:48 AM
Quote from: Beethoven on August 15, 2016, 10:21:51 AM
I think Tasok stored and had a retirement party because he won Armageddon. He was alive when I started my first character, up until just one or two years ago.

Yes, this is correct.  What fun stories he had!

Best part was, they were all true.
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.

We all know the OG Fat Man (Cammul Tenneshi) was the real boss.

What ever happened to that Kadian Assassin...Seif? Sulif?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Siamaca, the Kadian Overseer, now that girl had a cool death. She was nice and reasonable and may have had secrets but I didn't really sniff out anything weird on her. I mean, sometimes? You just want to play someone who isn't a rapist, traitor, murderer, spice smuggler, etc. someone who is just a normal person, and see how the strengths and weaknesses of that propel you through life and batter you or protect you against the machinations of someone else.

November 15, 2016, 06:27:00 PM #566 Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:55:07 PM by Akaramu
Quote from: Dar on August 19, 2016, 07:20:59 PM
I've played Shaze. Let's just say that his service got him so involved in things magickal, that bad things were simply bound to happen. One way, or other. Shaze was during a very rare period in my life where I actually had 'time' to play. It was my second Aide character in my entire gameplay. (...) I thoroughly enjoyed playing with Takharion. So much, that I havent manifested as a Nilazi for many rl months, pretty much the entirety of his service to Takharion. Only when my IRL respite was ending and I knew I will become very very scarce and too rare to be an affective aide, I've actually allowed myself to manifest and well ... the rest I'll keep unknown.

OMG, I loved Shaze. My offpeakness prevents me from getting actively involved in any of the really big plots, so my fondest memories are of relatively mundane but no less fabulous scenes with fabulously played PCs. I played Djabe, the AoD corporal who somehow never got the opportunity for her amazing combat skills to shine, and was so sad when Shaze died. Djabe even had a tiny little crush on him.  :-* Losing both Shaze and Corse as regular people to just hang out and socialize with was depressing. If Djabe had found out Shaze was a Nilazi, she would have gone nuts. Haha.

Whatever happened to Dekken, the Borsail aide, and Kolo the other Borsail aide? They were my psionicist's best friends. We had some of the BEST scenes. Damn. I should submit logs.

But anyway, Lucky and Dekken. Oh my God. I sent the guy a kudos with a STANDING OVATION. I have never ever in 12 years sent anyone a kudos with a standing ovation where I actually got up from my chair as I typed the last words. It was his first character.  :o

EDIT:

Quote from: Fathi on September 02, 2016, 09:52:21 AM
Kolo is still too recent, my friend! She got old as dirt.

Forget I asked about Kolo, then. Or... is 'now' not too recent anymore?  ;D

November 16, 2016, 08:07:01 PM #567 Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:51:32 PM by Culinary Critic
Quote from: a french mans shirt on October 30, 2016, 10:45:54 AM
the something, snaggly-toothed man was the first memorable pc I ever interacted with, in Tuluk. God, I wish Tuluk weren't closed.

This guy seemed to get the drift that I was relatively new. He occasionally taught me without being obvious about it. He was a subsistence clay grebber who was on the lookout for Kadian hunter openings and eventually snagged one. He ate erdlu stew at the Kadian bar, while I lived on milk. He was so happy to snag the position. He had a lot of energy. He didn't tell me which position he had gotten but it was probably hunter, most of them are. I wonder whether he died to animals, or died to the flood. I died to the flood; well, specifically, to leaving tuluk in the middle of the flood. I wonder if anyone remembers my stupid breed.

This sounds like Basmir, Lifesworn to Kadius.  I played one of (if not) his first lovers.  He was a delight that used my young girl unmercifully to kill his enemies (resulting in her death, of course).  Loved him.

Edited to make it not quite so creepy.

This is going waaaaay back but whatever happened to Two-Noose Tanoske? (spelled?) He was this Kadius dude with a ponytail back in like, uh, 2005-6? Maybe? I don't have any logs from back then? I couldn't sleep last night and he popped into my mind and I was like damn that dude was fun.

Quote from: Fathi on November 22, 2016, 05:36:10 PM
This is going waaaaay back but whatever happened to Two-Noose Tanoske? (spelled?) He was this Kadius dude with a ponytail back in like, uh, 2005-6? Maybe? I don't have any logs from back then? I couldn't sleep last night and he popped into my mind and I was like damn that dude was fun.

I don't remember that, but you can probably help me remember who that Kadian was...Silif? Does that sound right?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on November 22, 2016, 05:39:36 PM

I don't remember that, but you can probably help me remember who that Kadian was...Silif? Does that sound right?
Quote from: Reiloth on November 07, 2016, 01:11:54 PM

I am pretty sure you are thinking of Seulif? He was like this ancient Tuluki PC who worked for Kadius and then also Salarr for a bit? He was very well played. He was like the fuzzy-headed or escru-headed man or something? Is that the dude? If I recall correctly, he was found dead on the streets of Allanak and Kadius accused Salarr of orchestrating his murder. Midge of Salarr was accused of hiring someone to kill him or having her hunters kill him or something, but she loved that dude so no way jose. He quit Salarr but she let him go on good terms and they remained friends right up until he was found dead, so it really bummed her out that someone apparently convinced Sharlo she murdered him!

I am not sure how he actually died apart from Salarr definitely didn't do it! Also I'm unsure if Kadius actually believed Salarr did it or if someone was just trying to pressure Salarr through Kadius with a backroom alliance because boy oh boy did Salarr have a lot of enemies at the time.

Man Allanaki politics were great at that point in time. I have only ever played one character that even brushed that level of politicking and alliance making/breaking and marriage-arranging and marriage-unarranging and betraying. It's really exhausting and takes a huge time commitment but merchant politics in Arm can be top dang notch.

What happened to Gibs, the blue-skinned man, a Salarri hunter?

And is this Cammul Tenneshi the same one who wrote that play called, "Dog and Man" or something like that?
Fredd-

November 22, 2016, 05:56:24 PM #572 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:59:07 PM by Reiloth
Quote from: Barsook on November 22, 2016, 05:49:46 PM
What happened to Gibs, the blue-skinned man, a Salarri hunter?

And is this Cammul Tenneshi the same one who wrote that play called, "Dog and Man" or something like that?

Yes, Cammul Tenneshi wrote Man and Dog back in 2005 I think, played by Galdun. I played Jochebed, his smile-scarred butler bard. We had much fun -- Tuluk's golden years were certainly that time, 2005-2006. Jochebed thought he was the coolest kid on the block, but that award clearly goes to Holten and Methyas, in hindsight. He got to write songs from the front, and even fought in the war, though he wimped out on all of the big offensives. Cammul himself was there at the front, and took Soldier's accounts and wrote some great material that's still around (in Tuluk).

Funny fact about Man and Dog -- Jochebed and Mae Konviwedu had been practicing for about a RL month for the play, and it wasn't an easy one to pull off. A lot of timing, waiting, and getting the pace right both IG and OOC so it wasn't a boring thing but an exciting thing.

So, the day of the play, literally the IC day, Mae was out like...Hunting? And got killed outside of Tuluk.

Step in...Zeiri! A soldier from the Copper War who was an understudy at Cammul's request. He got his spot in the limelight...A no rehearsal performance of Man and Dog! He did wonderfully, and the play was a hit when it was first put on. There were attempts to rekindle the play later on, but i'm unsure if it ever actually happened, as Tuluk's closing was announced just around the time of the performance.

~Jack Vance~

November 22, 2016, 05:59:14 PM #573 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:01:20 PM by Barsook
We have logs of him and the play somewhere?

Speaking of which, what happened to that player/character who referenced that play in the last bardic contest in Tuluk before the city closed for play?  I believe it was Jargon.
Fredd-

Quote from: Fathi on November 22, 2016, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on November 22, 2016, 05:39:36 PM

Quote from: Reiloth on November 07, 2016, 01:11:54 PM

I am pretty sure you are thinking of Seulif? He was like this ancient Tuluki PC who worked for Kadius and then also Salarr for a bit? He was very well played. He was like the fuzzy-headed or escru-headed man or something? Is that the dude? If I recall correctly, he was found dead on the streets of Allanak and Kadius accused Salarr of orchestrating his murder. Midge of Salarr was accused of hiring someone to kill him or having her hunters kill him or something, but she loved that dude so no way jose. He quit Salarr but she let him go on good terms and they remained friends right up until he was found dead, so it really bummed her out that someone apparently convinced Sharlo she murdered him!

I am not sure how he actually died apart from Salarr definitely didn't do it! Also I'm unsure if Kadius actually believed Salarr did it or if someone was just trying to pressure Salarr through Kadius with a backroom alliance because boy oh boy did Salarr have a lot of enemies at the time.

Man Allanaki politics were great at that point in time. I have only ever played one character that even brushed that level of politicking and alliance making/breaking and marriage-arranging and marriage-unarranging and betraying. It's really exhausting and takes a huge time commitment but merchant politics in Arm can be top dang notch.

Yes, I agree. When I was playing Githclit, I was surprised at the level of scheming going on. It was a great time in Nak Politics for the GMH, for sure.

~Jack Vance~