Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Wasn't Corra the Winrothol advisor?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I remember Dayna, she was, psychologically, a monster, but my undesirable cared about her anyway (he was also sort of a monster, in a different sense) and never spoke of her secret purpose. I was too newb to understand my Tuluki breed PROBABLY should not be making friends with gemmers, but his backstory was ugly enough to allow for it, as his cultural education involved being locked in a closet his whole life and beaten with a wooden axe when his caretaker would get sauced, until he managed to escape and ran away from home. Truth be told OOCly I'd guild sniffed her and had a feeling she was a mage, but ICly I knew my PC would know nothing of the sort so went with it until the manifestation.

All the gemmers that PC knew, a total of two, he met in the T'zai Byn. Also, that particular manifestation was a pretty epic oh shit moment.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Quote from: Barsook on September 14, 2016, 07:56:33 AM
Wasn't Corra the Winrothol advisor?

Yes, but I do not think that was the same Corra.

The Winrothol advisor's name was Coira, not Corra.

Oh, duh, was Corra a wind witch or was it water?

So what happened to Coira anyways?
Fredd-

Corra was a wind witch. I'm not really sure what she did or how she died, she was a gemmed.

I LOVED your breed dude. He did seem pretty messed up. When I was Dayna, I watched your death in the arena. It was pretty sad and I think I stood up for a moment when you bit it.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Wasn't Corra played by LuaraMars during the HRPT time and after it?  Wasn't she a tribal Gemmed of Oash, if so, I played Aysu at that time, who was my first 'gicker.
Fredd-

September 15, 2016, 11:00:00 AM #457 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:02:13 AM by Delirium
That was San, and she was awesome.

Corra was an extremely under-the-radar PC, both by necessity and by design.

Duh.  My memory sucks.
Fredd-

I am still curious why Corra summoned my char to her imminent death. :P
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on September 15, 2016, 11:12:57 AM

You shared a keyword with someone extremely dangerous who she'd been ordered to kill. I felt awful.

If it makes you feel any better, it's one of the reasons I tried not to resort to summon on PCs again unless it was the only avenue that made sense.

Quote from: Delirium on September 15, 2016, 11:15:43 AM

You shared a keyword with someone extremely dangerous who she'd been ordered to kill. I felt awful.

If it makes you feel any better, it's one of the reasons I tried not to resort to summon on PCs again unless it was the only avenue that made sense.

Brutal.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: CodeMaster on September 15, 2016, 11:33:44 AM

Brutal.

<.< I'm glad that damn spell is long gone.

Whatever happened to that gaggle of Wind Gickers who were messing w. the SLK for like 2 months in 2011? There were 3 (?) Us and the Arabet got 2 (least I think 1 was a wind witch...). It was super fun. No gank summons. Just good RP.

And Pitch. What happened to Pitch? Lusts nearly PK'd him in the Pah during the start of the Asil shitstorm...
Czar of City Elves.

I figured it was. I was devastated, considering her fight for a good life after she had left a particular group of people. HOWEVER! Rathustra did something very, very special to give me some closure.

My char had a child with her in her sling who would've suffered the same fate as her mother had he not sent me a log where the child survived, by hanging in the papoose on the edge of a rock. Where he emoted a grebber finding the child and taking her with him. I sometimes still hope seeing this NPC and VNPC in game as a PC :P

Quote from: Iiyola on September 15, 2016, 12:15:11 PM
My char had a child with her in her sling who would've suffered the same fate as her mother had he not sent me a log where the child survived, by hanging in the papoose on the edge of a rock. Where he emoted a grebber finding the child and taking her with him. I sometimes still hope seeing this NPC and VNPC in game as a PC :P

How cool is that?  That's awesome!

Yeah, I'm glad summon is gone. It was often difficult to find ways to justify NOT using it, even if there were (some) defenses against it.

It made it impossible to play a renegade so long as there was someone out there capable of deciding to snatch you up.

I should play more memorable characters.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

(Rath....like a Sir.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

EDIT: On second thought, just, mad props to Rath.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Quote from: Dunetrade55 on September 15, 2016, 02:06:06 PM
Rath's fucking great. That kind of thing, is relieving, when you've lost a PC and are concerned for the vNPC life they brought into the world. Fantastical? Yes, but all the same, creates a compelling story. Better than getting tainted with a backstab while pregnant and dumped in a dried creekbed somewhere.

That sounds kind of awesome, but in a 3rd person perspective kind of way.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Iiyola, you should post this. Rath is such a quietly stellar staffer.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

September 15, 2016, 04:29:02 PM #472 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:34:17 PM by Iiyola
Can i post it here? I'd love to.  It's not a long scene. Screw it, I'll just do it anyway.

Above a Colossal Cavern [U, D]

A few shards of sandstone clatter into the yawning abyss below as the scarified, hard-featured man shimmies between handholds.

The scarified, hard-featured man thinks:

"Just... a lil' closer..."

Straining, the scarified, hard-featured man reaches with a calloused hand for a tattered papoose precariously dangling from a projection of stone.

There's a grinding of stone as a lump of sandstone cracks and crumbles from beneath the scarified, hard-featured man.

The scarified, hard-featured man feels his heart stop.

Gritting his teeth, the scarified, hard-featured man hops, his ragged sandcloth gear flapping in the wind.

Hitting the rock-face hard, the scarified, hard-featured man finds purchase, cutting his hands on a jagged hand-hold.

"Krath..."

A small noise from the papoose attracts the scarified, hard-featured man's attention and his expression shifts from pain to wonderment.

Reaching out as far as he can, the scarified, hard-featured man takes a tattered papoose, quickly bundling it against himself and the wall.

The scarified, hard-featured man looks inside a tattered papoose, his eyes widening noticably.

"I don't fuckin' believe it..."

Shhing the papoose, the scarified, hard-featured man begins to climb towards a nearby platform and his waiting scavenging gear.

Quickly scooping it from the papoose, the scarified, hard-featured man soaks a bit of sandcloth in water and offers it to the sunburnt child, which suckles greedily.

Showing surprising tenderness, the scarified, hard-featured man brushes back the child's hair and squints up towards the gash of light overhead.

The scarified, hard-featured man mutely watches the child suck the sandcloth dry, his windswept visage indecisive.

The scarified, hard-featured man sighs and offers the child a wry, world-weary smile, slipping it back into the papoose, which he slips over his shoulder before taking to the wall, climbing toward the light...

Good luck with your next character.

Rathustra

That is quietly stellar.  *slow clap*
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Rathustra is actually the top rated staffer over on the shadowboards.