Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

what beetle?
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

August 30, 2016, 05:49:11 AM #377 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:44:50 AM by Only He Stands There
Quote from: Riev on August 29, 2016, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: evilcabbage on August 29, 2016, 12:25:45 PM
spymaster and psionicist killed by a raptor.

ouch.

that is shameful.

I sometimes wonder if the characters I remember, and wonder what ever happened... if they met the same fate.

Years of being social, roleplaying great and being amazing... dead to a bashing scrab or carru.
Khortoc Salarr could attest to this.
A number of big-name PCs I know of could attest to this, even. Man.

Quote from: Only He Stands There on August 30, 2016, 05:49:11 AM
Quote from: Riev on August 29, 2016, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: evilcabbage on August 29, 2016, 12:25:45 PM
spymaster and psionicist killed by a raptor.

ouch.

that is shameful.

I sometimes wonder if the characters I remember, and wonder what ever happened... if they met the same fate.

Years of being social, roleplaying great and being amazing... dead to a bashing scrab or carru.
Khortoc Salarr could attest to this.
A number of big-name PCs I know of could attest to this, even. Man.

That, or a certain issue with the build after the HRPT in 2010 in Tuluk, causing a handful of long-lived PCs to die instantaneously, without warning, and without possibility of resurrection, because instant-kill rooms were created and just had "the room over there looks like a hole, maybe?"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on August 30, 2016, 08:37:20 AM
That, or a certain issue with the build after the HRPT in 2010 in Tuluk, causing a handful of long-lived PCs to die instantaneously, without warning, and without possibility of resurrection, because instant-kill rooms were created and just had "the room over there looks like a hole, maybe?"

Oh, man. I remember losing a particularly awesome frenemy of my sorcerer to that. She was MINE to kill/save/whatever I decided to do, damn it.

Does anyone remember this family in Allanak. There was the Mother, The elder Son, and the Younger Daughter. I only remember that daughter was called "Equi".  I dont recall the other names. I totally loved that family. Very very very well roleplayed out. I loved the Mother, who rped out being afraid very well. And the elder son's stubborness, and the younger daughter intelligence/malleability.

I was the dreadlocked, haggard elf (Ripples/Singer/Whatever else) who sort of ... inserted himself into the life of that family. Conspiring with Solych the Blue to scare them, then leveraging their safety. He had hopes to corrupt and recruit Equi to be his operative. But ended up storing later on.

What happened with that family in the end? Did they all die out? Store? I recall the elder son died to something stupid.  

There werent movers and shakers, but very very realistic roleplay. I enjoyed watching them most thoroughly.

August 31, 2016, 05:49:34 AM #381 Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:48:08 AM by Chettaman
Quote from: LauraMars on August 29, 2016, 07:00:42 PM
Whatever happened to some vine wearing man from Luirs (tribal?) named Nuway? He lived in a tent somewhere close to the volcano'd remains of Tyn Dashra.

He also had a sunback lizard named Coco and I remember he really roleplayed loving that sunback in a way that was quite endearing.

LMK where you went Nuway! (this thread is liked Missed Connections: the Everyone's Dead Edition)

I expected Nuway to become a very epic character and he was so close, but he was killed by some tuluki sympathizers. Even he himself was beginning to love Tuluk, his original home. He had left Coco and Juanna at home coincidentally before this incident. He traveled on foot a great bit - and /always/ had to re-tame that sunback after resets.
Ranger / Master crafter who was born to tuluki patriots that didn't like the way things were done. Born to the city, but without tattooes. He escaped the city and lived in the grey forest successfully, bio wise and playing him. He gathered bugs 'n animals and things to speak to as friends. I started playing him with the story of a rantarri that destroyed his tree-house home. ... So, you all know, I didn't realize how similar that was to tarzan until after saying it.
So he ventured into the city of tuluk once more, afraid but prepared for the worst. ... he learned a great many things just by watching and observing, but he didn't dare speak - so he traveled the road and ended up in luir's where things made a little more sense.
He made some friends and learned even more about civilization, very discreetly. (this was before the tent apartments in luir's unfortunately) He ventured forth in search of a safe home again, but he couldn't stay in the outpost. He traveled through the canyons and mountains and such and found a suitable location. - he soon discovered and befriended the sunback Coco. He began training and teaching him the things that he learned while setting up camp in this new location.
Sooner or later he wanted to see more of this world he had missed out on and traveled the expansive desert to allanak. He didn't like allanak at all, but spent a good bit of time there in case he was missing the charm everyone else was enjoying.
He did happen to find a lot more work there, though. And he figured now that he was a part of this world he might as well fully embrace it.

Like with all my completely mundane characters... Some /really/ epic thing happened to him that I don't think I should mention just yet. -- but he definitely told people about it.

So much solo roleplay, ya'll... with bugs and lizards and birds...
I'm so glad people enjoyed being around him as much as I did sharing him. Being an unknowledgable tribal is difficult. -- sooner or later /I/ was getting annoyed with how much he didn't know.

if you ever meet a character that /actually/ sleeps outside on purpose. ... it's probably me. I might as well throw it out there.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Only He Stands There on August 30, 2016, 11:20:03 AM
Quote from: Riev on August 30, 2016, 08:37:20 AM

Oh, man. I remember losing a particularly awesome frenemy of my sorcerer to that. She was MINE to kill/save/whatever I decided to do, damn it.

You played Purloiner? What happened to him?

Quote from: Desertman on July 29, 2016, 11:13:04 AM
Also, same character...what ever happened to Mister Steak, I think was your name? I recall my Byn unit at the time actually broke into your apartment, stole your things, shit on your rug, and left a single coin in the shit. I laughed so hard. I remember you caught me once stealing your worm hide that the Byn, my own unit, had just brought to you and sold you. You left it in that apartment and I went to steal it so you would hire us again to get you some more....and you actually walked up while I was in the process of doing it (needless to say you didn't hire us to go get you more)! LMFAO I liked Mister Steak.

Mister Steak is not allowed to talk about Mister Steak yet as Mr Steak's year is not yet up.

Quote from: Dar on August 31, 2016, 03:53:48 AM
Does anyone remember this family in Allanak. There was the Mother, The elder Son, and the Younger Daughter. I only remember that daughter was called "Equi".  I dont recall the other names. I totally loved that family. Very very very well roleplayed out. I loved the Mother, who rped out being afraid very well. And the elder son's stubborness, and the younger daughter intelligence/malleability.

I was the dreadlocked, haggard elf (Ripples/Singer/Whatever else) who sort of ... inserted himself into the life of that family. Conspiring with Solych the Blue to scare them, then leveraging their safety. He had hopes to corrupt and recruit Equi to be his operative. But ended up storing later on.

What happened with that family in the end? Did they all die out? Store? I recall the elder son died to something stupid.  

There werent movers and shakers, but very very realistic roleplay. I enjoyed watching them most thoroughly.

Eriit. Both her sons died. Her daughter was really abusive to her. She ended up cutting ties with the daughter. She went on to work for Borsail as an aide. I think her entire existence centered on work at that point.
She was sapped in the bazaar and carried off to the empty kurac pavilion and woke with no pants. She lived her entire life afraid to go to the bazaar.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

@yasir lyksae

whatever happened to tithian's bathtub
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: palomar on August 31, 2016, 11:42:23 AM
You played Purloiner? What happened to him?
Purloiner/Voice wound up leaving UnderTuluk in a huff, living in the Mantis Valley for a good long while, finally finding some peace once he threatened to kill off Tuluki nobles if people didn't leave him alone, and eventually getting stored because Borsail reopened for play and I desperately wanted to play a Borsail noble.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 01, 2016, 12:33:06 AM
@yasir lyksae

whatever happened to tithian's bathtub

lol, this sounds like a story worth telling.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Whatever happened to Saturday downtime? Remember that? Soooo much fun.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

September 01, 2016, 11:27:37 AM #389 Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:30:32 AM by Chettaman
Fanny! Who played that woman?!
I was Tia. The southern healer who lived in tuluk that always drank tea.

Hah hah! Or Kifa, the half giant.
I was totally Havel, the gangly old man who was secretly a rukkian.
oh and mayve. Little Mayve.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Havel Havel... that name sounds so familiar...
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

I don't think Fanny's player is hanging around anymore. I could be wrong.

Quote from: Iiyola on September 01, 2016, 11:35:45 AM
Havel Havel... that name sounds so familiar...

xD Shush. Don't let anyone else know!

Havel was an angry old man that would sit in the bar and pretend to not be magick and yell at everyone and joke. He definitely took advantage of his age.
He ended up getting noticed, though, and gemmed.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: WarriorPoet on September 01, 2016, 10:56:06 AM

I miss it.

It pretty much guaranteed weekly new things!

Quote from: Kankman on September 01, 2016, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: WarriorPoet on September 01, 2016, 10:56:06 AM

I miss it.

It pretty much guaranteed weekly new things!

Psh. There's daily downtime for 2 minutes at 3AM every night.

Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy, evenin' TV?
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Quote from: Large Hero on September 02, 2016, 01:11:00 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to the full house opening.
Quote from: Maester Aemon Targaryen
What is honor compared to a woman's love? ...Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

Quote from: bardlyone on September 02, 2016, 02:14:09 AM
Quote from: Large Hero on September 02, 2016, 01:11:00 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to the full house opening.

Literally every time I read the title.

Whatever happened to a guild member named Dealer in mid 2014, I played the newbie you convinced to be a whore that literally did nothing but tell lies and cause trouble.