Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Evilone on August 27, 2016, 08:53:24 AM
The name Tulay is so familiar... were you Legion?

I wanted to but got nagged into Winrothol Guard.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Cowboy on August 27, 2016, 08:55:32 AM
Beldyn.  A couple of female bards, don't recall the names, sat around the Sanc and told folks the Beldyn was the father of another gal's child.  Beldyn was not the father and got angry.  In his most usual style he threatened to punch the two bards that were telling lies about him.  The Bards complained to the Circle and Beldyn was forced (ordered by Lord Raleris) to apologize  to the women for threatening them. (I never knew the Circle had that mush power around the Ivory) He did as ordered.  Beldyn was humiliated and demoralized by having to apologize for threatening two folks that were lying about him.  He decided from that day forward he would take no more orders from Lord Raleris.  He went to Lord Raleris, who he had served for about 10 IC years and asked to retire from the House Winrothol.  He told the Lord why as well.  Lord Raleris would not let him retire because he had swore a life oath.  Beldyn asked the Lord what would happen if he just left.  The Lord said he would be branded as a deserter.   As Beldyn would never desert and he would never take orders from the Lord again, he decided that death was his only option.  He dropped his weapons and allowed Lord Raleris to slit his throat.  On his knees and bleeding out, Beldyn used his last strength to salute Lord Raleris.  The end.  That's the way , my character, Beldyn ended.  He was a fun character.

There were other pieces also happening, as I recall.

At a public event where Warreners were getting feisty and uppity, gathering in a crowd that threatened to become a mob, Beldyn made the first attack against the Warren's speaker. Sherris joined in to assist her comrade, and together they killed the citizen in question. Sherris was plagued forever after by PTSD and guilt over killing a citizen who had done nothing. Raleris was furious at the whole situation. He also assumed that Dragean had set things up with the riot somehow, but never proved it. The Faithful were not very happy with Winrothol.

As to Beldyn being teased, it was Youko Elkinhym (full ranked Circle Bard, one step under a Masterbard) and Fanny (independent hunter and Youko's mate) who were involved. Beldyn made some comment to Fanny that he never kissed people he liked, he only poked whores. Youko made a comment about how she thought he had been mated to Sherris and fathered her child... Things got crazy from there. Fanny felt bad about the whole incident exploding the way it did, as it was never intended to become a public or great issue. Youko was just furious at being threatened and got the Circle involved.

At that point, Raleris had a somewhat rough history with the Circle, including believing that they had fixed the bardic auditions so that Sherris would fail (on Elrum's word, who got it from a Rusarla Masterbard). He was so enraged that he made a comment about wanting to kill a Masterbard (which Elrum promptly reported to the Circle).

Tuluk was a pretty busy place. There was always something happening somewhere that was affecting public events, but any given person only saw a fraction of it.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Yeah and the best part is I think the public rumor was Beldyn got Kryld. So he didn't die in shame at least.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Raleris had a bit of a heart about it all and made sure that the story of Beldyn's "end" reflected as well as possible on him.

OMG, CT, welcome back!
Fredd-

What happened to Youko Elkinhym and rest of the bards before the closeure?
Fredd-

Beldyn DILL, haha jeez. Raleris actually got himself close to being charged with treason by the Lirathan Order for his approach to and handling of the Ajinn museum mess (and a couple of subsequent episodes). Safe to say he wasn't too popular with the Lirathans, and probably the Circle, around 2012-2013.

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 26, 2016, 10:42:42 PM
Whatever happened to Beldyn?  I spent so much time with that guy in Tuluk, but I never heard how he met his end.

I remember being firmly told to make sure Kryl'd was the story.

Quote from: Barsook on August 27, 2016, 12:41:51 PM
What happened to Youko Elkinhym and rest of the bards before the closeure?

Storage, and too recent to say for others.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Hey guys,

I was Moontug (so many kind words earlier in the thread.  wow).  Sorry I hid it from you all, I wanted to try the game as a complete newbie with no presuppositions or OOC contacts.  Haven't played in a while, but thinking about starting er up again.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Quote from: CodeMaster on August 28, 2016, 10:15:55 PM
Hey guys,

I was Moontug (so many kind words earlier in the thread.  wow).  Sorry I hid it from you all, I wanted to try the game as a complete newbie with no presuppositions or OOC contacts.  Haven't played in a while, but thinking about starting er up again.

You be kidding me.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on August 28, 2016, 10:46:00 PM
Hey guys,

You be kidding me.

No way deformo
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

OMG IT'S YOU.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Hey guys,

It would be great if you came back :)
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Quote from: Samoa on August 29, 2016, 02:00:35 AM
Hey guys,

It would be great if you came back :)
+1

Before we get too much off topic, please. We want you back in our loving arms.

Quit stealing my lines, deathkamon.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

A good day to catch up on posts...

I'll fill in on three PC's of mine mentioned here:

1)  Brethel - I had to actually look back but he was stored.  Playing Brethel was a lot of fun but I had to step back at times.  Rokov and him were a hoot to play, we'd have contests on how many Aides we could have sex with at Allanak parties.  I think in the end he was getting old (easily the longest Arm char I ever played) and I was bored with the Merchant life at the time.  He did move Kurac out of Allanka though I don't remember the slave collar, but it might have happened after Rokov was made a noble in Tuluk and that one Templar was really pissed off at Rokov.  This was quite a few years ago.

2) Russ - Was great to hear the story on Stump, Large Hero.  He was a character that Russ wanted to trust, but never really did.  Russ was as dedicated to the Byn as I think I've ever had a character.  I still remember chasing Hawk...we had him but Stump seemed hesitant to jump in and Albie just didn't react fast enough.  Russ was being pressured to capture Hawk for Borsail.  He first tried to trick him but when the gig was up on that, that's when we chased him.  And looking back, Russ kind of figured that the other guy was Nilazi.  And yes, Russ was plucked out just outside of Allanka returning from some Byn thing, left way above the sinkhole to fall to his near death at the foot of some crazy hooded figure who was laughing.  Then Hawk finished him off, poor Russ couldn't even move and plead for his life.  He was a great character.  You're all bastards!

3) Dealer - There were a number of dealers but I did play one with the Guild at the time of Broker, was the one who found him, I think.  Dead from a Drovian.  This Dealer would sit in the Gaj and read future for people.  He was pretty good at it.  He was also a spy master and a Psionicist.  He was quite strong by the end and then I (the player) messed him up and accidentally wayed a Arm Soldier while his mind was cloaked...classic screw up.  This was also at the time the Beast or whatever was killing in the rinth and the Guild was having problems with it.  So Dealer made it look like the Beast had killed him and cloaked with his mind and walked right out of Allanak, knowing his time there was over.  But he vowed to keep tabs on the Guild and help where he could.   One of the imms was even helping him out with that, having one of the Guild Leaders think out her thoughts for him, was great.  Then he walked into a raptor and died.  Crap...if he could have set himself up somewhere, it would have been classic.  Stupid little typing errors can make such a big problem.

Olafson

spymaster and psionicist killed by a raptor.

ouch.

that is shameful.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on August 29, 2016, 12:25:45 PM

ouch.

that is shameful.

I sometimes wonder if the characters I remember, and wonder what ever happened... if they met the same fate.

Years of being social, roleplaying great and being amazing... dead to a bashing scrab or carru.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on August 29, 2016, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: evilcabbage on August 29, 2016, 12:25:45 PM

ouch.

that is shameful.

I sometimes wonder if the characters I remember, and wonder what ever happened... if they met the same fate.

Years of being social, roleplaying great and being amazing... dead to a bashing scrab or carru.

Often yes.

Yeah. Heejo was fun. I had a little, brokeny Oashi aide totally head over heels for him. It was mildly irritating, because he was so obviously ugly and untrustworthy, but the player made him irresistibly interesting.
[/quote]

Loved her.  Loved spying on her.  Even though she betrayed my char's confidence and ratted out his fortune to the Lord Oash who...and so on.

Quote from: Culinary Critic on August 29, 2016, 05:53:18 PM
Loved her.  Loved spying on her.  Even though she betrayed my char's confidence and ratted out his fortune to the Lord Oash who...and so on.
I loved him! He was such a CREEP! That first time he started waying her was quite the freak out. I wish I had the log.

Eilwen hated and feared your shadow mage, though. He was always watching, and he knew all her secrets.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Whatever happened to some vine wearing man from Luirs (tribal?) named Nuway? He lived in a tent somewhere close to the volcano'd remains of Tyn Dashra.

He also had a sunback lizard named Coco and I remember he really roleplayed loving that sunback in a way that was quite endearing.

LMK where you went Nuway! (this thread is liked Missed Connections: the Everyone's Dead Edition)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: path on August 29, 2016, 06:54:45 PM
Quote from: Culinary Critic on August 29, 2016, 05:53:18 PM
I loved him! He was such a CREEP! That first time he started waying her was quite the freak out. I wish I had the log.

Eilwen hated and feared your shadow mage, though. He was always watching, and he knew all her secrets.

Good times ^_^
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: LauraMars on August 29, 2016, 07:00:42 PM
Whatever happened to some vine wearing man from Luirs (tribal?) named Nuway? He lived in a tent somewhere close to the volcano'd remains of Tyn Dashra.

He also had a sunback lizard named Coco and I remember he really roleplayed loving that sunback in a way that was quite endearing.

LMK where you went Nuway! (this thread is liked Missed Connections: the Everyone's Dead Edition)

Ferreal that beetle was amaze-balls.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.