Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

I don't mind the log posting.

tl;dr Torgun didn't know what a spider hive looked like. Now I do!

If someone from staff says it's ok, I'll post the death log of Torgun.  I don't want to be the one to get this awesome thread shut down.
Where it will go

I'm okay with it, just put it in the CODE brackets and make it a snippet.  We don't need the full log, as that would go through submissions.
Ourla:  You're like the oil paint on the canvas of evil.

I admittedly was a massive noob when I played as Hairdo in the Byn, and some of the things I did with Hairdo I laughed at, while at other times I utterly cringed. I'm afraid I can't get the logs out on this thread due to sensitive stuff, but man were those the noobish days.

Quote from: Large Hero on August 17, 2016, 12:55:25 AM
Ale six, it's nice to know that someone who plays this game puts that much thought and heart into their characters. And that sometimes, there really is a whole living breathing character with reasons behind certain acts.

I played a friend (?) of Ellandris Borsail, who knew about her kidnapping. It's cool to know there was a whole fleshed out character on the other end of it. Thanks.

It goes deeper than that, in fact, a bit more behind the scenes.

Aon Uaptal, who was kind of ticked that Theron let a pesky mage loose, decided to manipulate her into kidnapping Ellandris.

The entire reason he wanted to do so? He just enjoyed messing with Ellandris for kicks. He thought it would be amusing to have her collared in the Quarter somewhere.

Theron just wanted her dropped into the Silt Sea (easier), but I nixed that. Felt that 1)it would be a crappy death and 2) he felt he needed to have her over for tea since she had rescinded his invitation to her birthday party. Yes, Faithful Lord Aon Uaptal (also known as Lord Templar Snorvellus Tor) had been invited to Ellandris Borsail's eighteenth birthday party. Briefly. I actually had a Tor signet ring, a medallion, and a blue templar's robe, so I had actually considered dressing up in costume and actually going. (Perhaps a...10 percent chance of success, but it would have been so epic).

So that entire plot was born, in part, solely because a character thought it would be 'funny'.

----
Incidentally, loved the templar scene in Tuluk at the time. Certifiably zen-scholar-badasses. Too bad what's-her-name Uaptal messed up her candidacy for Lirathan-ness with her dalliance with Theron. :(

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Molten Heart on August 25, 2016, 09:37:00 PM
Quote from: Barsook on August 25, 2016, 08:43:30 PM
Who were the folks who got roads named after them in Tuluk?

Roads named after people.
Radoon, Medichi, Khann, Ysania, Eldor, Piory, Chakal, Garas, Natascha, Rhydun, Sartakryn, Hekorz.

Which one's were actually players people have played with and who were they?

Mdichi and Khann of course, were legendary merchants of Kadius and Salarr respectively.

Radoon, Ysania, and Eldor were Kadians. Piory and Hekorz I -THINK- were rebels? I have no idea who the others are. Anyone care to chime in?

Garas Lyksae, founder of House Lyksae. Rhydun and Sartakryn were both Kuraci, I believe. Piory and Chakal, not sure. Could be v/NPC templars or maybe even PCs from pre-occupation Tuluk. Or rebels, yeah, that's possible too.

Quote from: Inks on August 25, 2016, 07:31:47 PM
Drazen. Best elf, criminal, trader I have even seen, with an amazing personality.

Drazen was the greatest criminal PC I have ever played with. I am bloody glad you still play. I was Zuun/Threeleg, OOCLY I knew obv. my PC would die in Tuluk but thought I would play it out, and those times were some of the best hanging out with you.

I still grin when I think of the sloppiest murder ever committed by career criminals.

scumbag c-elf + scumbag droof = all levels of win. was a beautiful time and here's to playing like the next step is to the mantis head.

ps: Zuun got clipped owing Drazen coin so all bets are off. pay up or get f**ked. ;) :* <3

pss: what happened to Corporal Hardass? He was later a Sarge in the Legion. Drazen's nemisis in the early days whose hobby was shoving punch daggers into his face during botched hits. Never bothered to remember the PC's name b/c he was just the unbribable "Corporal Hardass."
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Bogre on August 26, 2016, 03:17:32 AM
Theron just wanted her dropped into the Silt Sea (easier), but I nixed that. Felt that 1)it would be a crappy death and 2) he felt he needed to have her over for tea since she had rescinded his invitation to her birthday party. Yes, Faithful Lord Aon Uaptal (also known as Lord Templar Snorvellus Tor) had been invited to Ellandris Borsail's eighteenth birthday party. Briefly. I actually had a Tor signet ring, a medallion, and a blue templar's robe, so I had actually considered dressing up in costume and actually going. (Perhaps a...10 percent chance of success, but it would have been so epic).

So that entire plot was born, in part, solely because a character thought it would be 'funny'.

Aon was such a joy to play around.  I'm glad how that turned out, really.  Bogre, it's a tragedy how all of your characters seem to meet their end.  Whatever happened to (insert character played by Bogre) ..?  Guess.   :D

Quote from: Bogre on August 26, 2016, 03:17:32 AM
Incidentally, loved the templar scene in Tuluk at the time. Certifiably zen-scholar-badasses. Too bad what's-her-name Uaptal messed up her candidacy for Lirathan-ness with her dalliance with Theron. :(

On the other hand, I still feel bad about how this turned out.  Less so about my character, and more for Valeska.  There was very little documentation about that sort of thing, and what I thought would be a quirky little mistake ended up costing so much.
Where it will go

Pardon the double post.  A snippet:

Peering off to the south, the skinny, unshaven half-giant says, in sirihish:
     "What's that/"

Squinting south, the long, sandy-brown man asks the short, hairy, burly man, in sirihish:
     "... That be a cave?"

l s
To the south is Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
It's completely dark over there.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

An inix opens its jaws, letting its tongue dart out to lick its nostrils.

After a few moments staring south, the short, hairy, burly man says, in sirihish:
     "Possibly. Spider caverns, around here."

Cautiously, the long, sandy-brown man asks the short, hairy, burly man, in sirihish:
     "We gettin' any closer?"

Looking over, the short, hairy, burly man asks you, in sirihish:
     "You ever hunt out this way, Recruit?"

tell burly (shaking his head slowly)  Not this deep.  I was told this was a quick trip to Drov.
Shaking his head slowly, you say to the short, hairy, burly man, in sirihish:
     "Not this deep.  I was told this was a quick trip to Drov."

Turning with a nod, the short, hairy, burly man says to the long, sandy-brown man, in sirihish:
     "Likely right. One league closer, Corporal. We'll see if we can make anything out."

Grunting an affirmative, the long, sandy-brown man pushes a war beetle closer, going southwards.

A war beetle walks south, carrying the long, sandy-brown man on its back.
A hulking, cross-branded war beetle walks south, carrying the short, hairy, burly man on its back.
You follow the long, sandy-brown man, and walk south.

A glossy black and orange beetle veers towards a nearby plant, forcing you to urge it onward.
Dusty Plains [N, E, S, W]
   Strong winds, the prevailing force in this area, billow up red dust that
settles onto everything in sight. The ground is mottled with clumps of red
dirt, which the winds scatter about endlessly. According to legend, it was
just centuries ago that this land supported surprisingly abundant flora and
fauna. Today, only a few thorny plants, growing in tiny crevices, remain.
A hulking, cross-branded war beetle stands here, carrying the short, hairy, burly man on its back.
A war beetle stands here, carrying the long, sandy-brown man on its back.
The skinny, unshaven half-giant has arrived from the north, riding an inix.

l s
To the south is Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
[Near]
Nothing.

l e
East of here are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

l w
To the west are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
A large, grey-feathered silt hawk soars through the air here.

The skinny, unshaven half-giant glances warily to the west.

Watching about, the long, sandy-brown man says, in sirihish:
     "Flyin' beasts about."

Simply, the short, hairy, burly man says, in sirihish:
     "Yeah..."

Riding slowly forward, the short, hairy, burly man says, in sirihish:
     "Corporal, remain here."

l s
To the south are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
[Near]
Nothing.

l w
West of here are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

l e
East of here are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

watch south
You stop watching the east exit.
You begin watching the south exit.

l s
To the south are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
[Near]
Nothing.

l e
To the east are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

l w
To the west are Dusty Plains.
[Very far]
Nothing.
[Far]
Nothing.
[Near]
Nothing.

The long, sandy-brown man bobs his head to the short, hairy, burly man.

The skinny, unshaven half-giant keeps a close eye to the south.

A hulking, cross-branded war beetle walks south, carrying the short, hairy, burly man on its back.
To the south: the short, hairy, burly man has arrived from the north, riding forward at a slow pace, riding a hulking, cross-branded war beetle.

To the south: someone attacks the short, hairy, burly man.
To the south: the short, hairy, burly man parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.
To the south: a brick-red desert tarantula solidly bites the short, hairy, burly man's body.
To the south: a brick-red desert tarantula brutally bites the short, hairy, burly man on his neck.
To the south: the short, hairy, burly man reels from the blow.
To the south: the short, hairy, burly man parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.

Someone attacks the long, sandy-brown man.
A brick-red desert tarantula bites the long, sandy-brown man on his body.
Someone attacks you.
A brick-red desert tarantula brutally bites you on your neck.
You reel from the blow.
The long, sandy-brown man swiftly dodges a brick-red desert tarantula's bites.
You stop watching the south exit.
A brick-red desert tarantula viciously bites you on your neck.
You reel from the blow.

The long, sandy-brown man exclaims, in sirihish:
     "Gah!"

Someone attacks the skinny, unshaven half-giant.
The skinny, unshaven half-giant swiftly dodges a brick-red desert tarantula's bites.
Someone attacks you.
A brick-red desert tarantula solidly bites your body.
A brick-red desert tarantula solidly bites the skinny, unshaven half-giant's body.
The skinny, unshaven half-giant pierces a brick-red desert tarantula's abdomen, inflicting a grievous wound.
A brick-red desert tarantula bites your body.

flee

You hear a man's voice shout from the south in sirihish:
     "Comign in hot!"
The skinny, unshaven half-giant shouts, in sirihish:
     "Lieutenant!"

The long, sandy-brown man parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.
Someone attacks the skinny, unshaven half-giant.
The skinny, unshaven half-giant parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.
The skinny, unshaven half-giant parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.
The long, sandy-brown man parries a brick-red desert tarantula's attack.
A brick-red desert tarantula solidly bites your leg.
The short, hairy, burly man has arrived from the south, riding a hulking, cross-branded war beetle.
The long, sandy-brown man holds his bloodied vicious claw longknife.

The short, hairy, burly man shouts, in sirihish:
     "Comign in hot!"
The skinny, unshaven half-giant stops holding his dusty mekillot-bone javelin.

The skinny, unshaven half-giant unslings a heavy bone, jade-emblazoned greatsword from his back.

PANIC! You couldn't escape!

A brick-red desert tarantula bites you very hard on your body.

flee
You attempt to flee.
A brick-red desert tarantula seizes the opening and attacks .
A brick-red desert tarantula bites your body.
A brick-red desert tarantula seizes the opening and attacks .
A brick-red desert tarantula bites you very hard on your leg.
You can't see anything but stars!
You flee head over heels.

/-1 110/ /113 130/ /54 109/ /early afternoon/ /running/ /unarmed/ /light/ /stunned/ /sirihish/ /southern/ /Vis/

You hear someone cry out in the distance.

/-1 110/ /113 130/ /54 109/ /late afternoon/ /running/ /unarmed/ /light/ /stunned/ /sirihish/ /southern/ /Vis/

/-1 110/ /113 130/ /54 109/ /late afternoon/ /running/ /unarmed/ /light/ /stunned/ /sirihish/ /southern/ /Vis/

Someone attacks you.

/-9 110/ /113 130/ /48 109/ /late afternoon/ /running/ /unarmed/ /light/ /mortally wounded/ /sirihish/ /southern/ /Vis/

Someone attacks you.
                                _______                                ___
                              /\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(C) Disconnect from character      -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(L) List your characters         ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(O) Show Race/Guild Options     \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(P) Change account password     /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(D) Documentation menu          \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
(S) Stats of your character     /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
(E) Enter Zalanthas             \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
(X) Exit Armageddon             /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
(?) Read menu options          / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\
Armageddon is OPEN.
Choose thy fate:
Where it will go

August 26, 2016, 10:26:08 AM #334 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:13:05 AM by Large Hero
Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 25, 2016, 10:09:27 PM
Quote from: Yam on August 25, 2016, 09:30:05 PM
What happened to Rythe, Stump, and Milo from the 2011ish Byn days?

And what happened to Kolo? And Torgun?

Stump was played by one of my buddies outside of the game.  He was up there with the best played dwarves I've ever seen, and just a vicious little double dealing bastard.  I'm sure he can comment more about his end, as my own recollection is probably not fully accurate.

I played Stump, "the burned, scarbound dwarf." His real name was Karkarek. His short backstory: he was born a slave to a minor merchant family. They were traveling outside of Allanak in their cart when the family's child knocked over a lantern with oil, and the wagon burned. He escaped, the family died. He was free. After healing in a cave, he returned to Allanak.

This is when I started play.

Mentally, he never stopped being a slave. His focus was "find the most powerful master who will accept me as their servant." He was afraid of losing his master again, and wanted to serve someone who would be strong enough to stick around. Not having a better idea of how to begin, he joined the Byn. I believe he was recruited by Sgt. Lantry Stetson.

Stump met Sgt. Rythe, and decided that he was strong and smart enough to be a master, for now. (Lantry had a kind of nihilist 'whatever' quality to him. Like he wasn't afraid of dying. That made him a bad candidate, in Stump's eyes. Rythe was a more salt-of-the-earth guy who'd fight to stay alive.)

They Bynned it up for a while. Then, Rythe got into some trouble with Lord Templar Koranth. Rythe fled the city, along with his lovable idiot sidekick Milo, who was amazingly well-roleplayed. Forrest Gump on Zalanthas. The guy was consistently hilarious, without being unrealistic. A total gem. (If Torgun killed this Milo, I am sad about it).

Stump became paranoid that Koranth would be after him too, as Stump was known to be friendly with Rythe. So Stump left the Byn and set out to track down Rythe. Problem is, Rythe had his barrier up constantly those days, and Stump could never pierce it.

Eventually found him in Tuluk. Rythe had lost Milo along the way, or so he'd said. They made plans to start their own mercenary outfit...

But fate intervened. Stump was hunting in the North to make ends meet while waiting for Rythe's mercenary outfit to start up. While out in the wilds one day, he was captured by a Whiran, who said she was going to kill him unless he did something for her (I forget what, but Stump did it. Some task within Tuluk).

He returned to this Whiran, and they got to talking. She seemed reasonable enough. She bragged about killing some important and powerful people. Stump said, "hey. This person is stronger than Rythe. I don't need Rythe anymore." And so he had a new master.

The two of them agreed that Stump should return to Allanak and become a Byn Sergeant again. So, he did that. He put his all into being the best possible Bynner, with a dwarf's single-mindedness, in order to become Sergeant as soon as possible. It happened pretty quickly.

This was the era when Russ, Ryatt, and Stump were the Byn Sergeants. Albie was also a common, beloved fixture.

Stump did the things the Whiran told him to do. They had a special method of communication to avoid being found out, and never were.

Eventually, the Whiran told Stump about her master. This was a certain infamous sorcerer. Stump went to some secret place out in the desert, and they talked. He was doing quite well now, with his focus. A sorcerer! Hard to beat that. His dwarven mind didn't care about anything but having the most powerful master possible, and so he didn't care about the downsides of buddying with a sorc.

Highlights of this time period:

* Hearing that Hawk (that Hawk, the mul) was spotted in the Red Desert. The other Sergeants wanted to go after him, and so a big posse went. We chased after him. Stump was the only one who managed to keep close on Hawk's heels through the storm (Stump had direction sense). Hawk was riding on, but I kept seeing him two or so rooms away. Now, Stump was a dwarf warrior with Exceptional strength who had OHK'd PCs before. He had decent skills and very nice STR/AGI/END. He probably could have chased Hawk until their mounts tired, engaged, and hung in (maybe) long enough for the rest of the Bynners to catch up and join the fight. Maybe. Maybe not.

But Stump knew that Hawk had some nebulous dealings with his new master, and so he stopped the chase.

When he got back to the other Bynners, they were watching some buddy of Hawk's. A human. He was trying to get away from the group, and failing miserably. Stumbling in and out of the storm, lost without direction sense. Clearly not a fighter.

Having spoken with the sorc, Stump knew this guy was a Nilazi. Stump told the other Bynners that they should leave this one alive, in case he had information on Hawk. In reality, he wanted to keep one of the sorc's other minions alive in case the boss wanted him.

This particular Nilazi went on to do some CRAZY shit in the game. Hawk, as we know, had his own tale.

I've posted elsewhere about how fun stuff has resulted when I've decided not to kill people. This is what I think of when I post that.

* We eventually decided the other Byn sergeants needed to go, because Reasons. Ryatt, I believe, offed himself dying in a spider hole? The sorcerer killed Russ.

Rythe still believed Stump was his main man. I think Rythe was a Byn sergeant again, at this time. Or maybe just an influential guy in Allanak? Either way, he was apparently an obstacle. One day, he told Stump he was riding alone to Luir's. Stump told the sorcerer, who captured Rythe and had him in a cave.

Stump rode to the cave. Rythe was stunned. Asked Stump, "why?" In his usual emotionless tone, Stump asked him what he wanted done with his body, figuring he owed him that much. He buried Rythe near Mal Krian, at the sorcerer's camp Stump would soon move to.

* Finding Firalis dying of thirst in the middle of Luir's, a broke bum. Stump thought he could mold him into something useful, and took Firalis back to Allanak. Firalis joined the Byn, and later the Arm. He would later show up to the sorcerer's camp in some weird suicide mission.

Probably my greatest Arm regret is not being online, when Firalis went to the camp.

Because Stump was also at the camp. Stump, who was the one responsible for getting Firalis into the Byn and Arm in the first place. Who gave Firalis his first combat lessons in the Byn.

It would have been an awesome Vader vs. Luke type moment, with the sorcerer looking on...but we weren't online. Ugh!

The camp grew less populated over time. I started getting busy. Like many things in Arm, it ended with a whimper, not a bang. Stump, at least, completed his focus.

It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Pretty sure Rythe was a Byn Sergeant at that time, because I remember how enraged Takharion was at losing something like four Byn Sergeants he was dealing to try to attack that camp with just like that.  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Great story. Stump, you the dorf.  :)

Sad to hear that's how Russ died. He was my character's only friend at the time of his death. It ended up actually leading to my character's death in a roundabout way.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: valeria on August 26, 2016, 10:32:13 AM
Pretty sure Rythe was a Byn Sergeant at that time, because I remember how enraged Takharion was at losing something like four Byn Sergeants he was dealing to try to attack that camp with just like that.  ;D

Yeah, that makes sense. Stump+Sorc wanted to kill Ryatt/Russ/Rythe so nobody competent would be able to lead the Byn on attacking the camp. ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Quote from: Desertman on August 26, 2016, 10:33:32 AM
Great story. Stump, you the dorf.  :)

Sad to hear that's how Russ died. He was my character's only friend at the time of his death. It ended up actually leading to my character's death in a roundabout way.

Thanks. Stump was my favorite (and I think best) Arm PC. :)

I'm pretty sure that's how Russ died. I know that the goal was to kill all the Byn sergeants. Stump was never explicitly told "hey I killed Russ," but that's probably what happened.
- the Mumonkan

Speaking of dwarfs, what about that Burned guy from Kadius, or was he a human?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

August 26, 2016, 10:55:32 AM #340 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:57:03 AM by Large Hero
Burned was a human named Burned.

A funny Stump story:

Stump was on his way back from Tuluk, having decided to become a Byn Sergeant in Allanak again, on the Whiran's orders. He met some guy in Luir's. My request tool shows me this was "the weathered, thrice-braided man." The guy asked Stump to escort him to Allanak.

They're riding along.

Braided guy: "I, uh, don't really have the coin to pay you" (or something along those lines)

Stump: <notices guy has a wood crossbow> "You'll pay me with that crossbow."

Braided guy: <protests>

Stump, as they continue to ride along: "You have until we reach Allanak to give me that crossbow."

They were attacked by two Gith. Stump was guarding the guy. Stump is fighting the gith, and I guess Braided Guy thinks this is his big chance. He attacks Stump.

Problem is, as aforementioned, Stump was a dwarf ex-Byn sergeant with exceptional strength who'd just gotten done with an RL month+ of hunting in the grasslands while looking for Rythe.

Stump disengaged from the Gith, one-hit the guy to death, then drove off the gith. Shrugged, continued on to Allanak, with crossbow.
- the Mumonkan

Quote from: Large Hero on August 26, 2016, 10:38:40 AM
Quote from: valeria on August 26, 2016, 10:32:13 AM

Yeah, that makes sense. Stump+Sorc wanted to kill Ryatt/Russ/Rythe so nobody competent would be able to lead the Byn on attacking the camp. ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN

I played said sorcerer!

Russ was to secure Hawk's loyalty.
Rythe was to ensure Stump's.
Ryatt died on his own.

All of them together died to confound and enrage Takharion, and also to screw up his plans to attack the camp.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

August 26, 2016, 08:00:02 PM #342 Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:03:10 PM by BadSkeelz
Torgun was always a little insulted by that, but an AoD officer really isn't that important in the scheme of things. Killing Byn's the smarter play.

Stump was definitely one of the better played stumps I've met. I particularly enjoyed that spider ambush we had on the Red Retreat's balcony. He was a good character to work with and talk to.

Whatever happened to Beldyn?  I spent so much time with that guy in Tuluk, but I never heard how he met his end.
Where it will go

Hey. What happened to Berk? He was this guy in Byn who was intensely anti Tuluk. My Tuluki character and Berk were pretty fun rivals. He was this very rude and coarse fellow. A true Bully of the Byn :).

I actually got a negative note (I'm still proud of it) on that character.

In reviewing the logs we noticed that you (as Avell) have been giving the Giant's Fist host the name 'BerklovesTuluk' as your name.  Please refrain from doing this as it is silly and breaks immersion.  It would be the same as giving names like 'SeymourButts'.  This has been noted on your account, but no other change has taken place.

Morgenes
Producer: Armageddon Staff
http://www.armageddon.org/
http://www.twitter.com/armageddonmud

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 26, 2016, 10:42:42 PM
Whatever happened to Beldyn?  I spent so much time with that guy in Tuluk, but I never heard how he met his end.

I think he died to a Kryl.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Dar on August 26, 2016, 11:34:47 PM
Hey. What happened to Berk? He was this guy in Byn who was intensely anti Tuluk. My Tuluki character and Berk were pretty fun rivals. He was this very rude and coarse fellow. A true Bully of the Byn :).

Wasn't he a hunter in Kadius around 2010?  I think he was the one who got my PC, Dake, a erdlu.

Quote from: Reiloth on August 27, 2016, 02:10:11 AM
Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 26, 2016, 10:42:42 PM

I think he died to a Kryl.

He was a cool dude, but I remember he being every quiet everywhere, didn't say anything hardy or emoted.  I was Tulay when he was around.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The name Tulay is so familiar... were you Legion?
Death is only the beginning...

Beldyn.  A couple of female bards, don't recall the names, sat around the Sanc and told folks the Beldyn was the father of another gal's child.  Beldyn was not the father and got angry.  In his most usual style he threatened to punch the two bards that were telling lies about him.  The Bards complained to the Circle and Beldyn was forced (ordered by Lord Raleris) to apologize  to the women for threatening them. (I never knew the Circle had that mush power around the Ivory) He did as ordered.  Beldyn was humiliated and demoralized by having to apologize for threatening two folks that were lying about him.  He decided from that day forward he would take no more orders from Lord Raleris.  He went to Lord Raleris, who he had served for about 10 IC years and asked to retire from the House Winrothol.  He told the Lord why as well.  Lord Raleris would not let him retire because he had swore a life oath.  Beldyn asked the Lord what would happen if he just left.  The Lord said he would be branded as a deserter.   As Beldyn would never desert and he would never take orders from the Lord again, he decided that death was his only option.  He dropped his weapons and allowed Lord Raleris to slit his throat.  On his knees and bleeding out, Beldyn used his last strength to salute Lord Raleris.  The end.  That's the way , my character, Beldyn ended.  He was a fun character.
I'd rather be lucky than good.

I really enjoyed Beldyn when I was playing Aon the hunter.