Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Dunetrade55 on August 24, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
Then there was Gavin and his fucking chair (whatever happened to that chair?)

I think it was more of a stool than a chair. It was his "We're out on contract and fuck if I'm standing around" seat. I HONESTLY feel like a gith stole it from me during an altercation, and he just always had more important shit to do than make himself another one.

Story of my life. The goddamn chair gets a "whatever happened to..."... ;)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Ellandris was totally incredible, also. Whatever happened to Lady Ru? What happened to Pappintia?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Riev on August 24, 2016, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: Dunetrade55 on August 24, 2016, 12:19:22 PM
Then there was Gavin and his fucking chair (whatever happened to that chair?)

I think it was more of a stool than a chair. It was his "We're out on contract and fuck if I'm standing around" seat. I HONESTLY feel like a gith stole it from me during an altercation, and he just always had more important shit to do than make himself another one.

Story of my life. The goddamn chair gets a "whatever happened to..."... ;)

It was probably stolen by a noble and still sees use to this day. I know if I was rich and powerful, I'd be like, (swirls ~goblet) That Bynner looks so comfortable in the field. Aide, I must have that chair, see to it.
Quote from: Synthesis on August 23, 2016, 07:10:09 PM
I'm asking for evidence, not telling you all to fuck off.

No, I'm telling you to fuck off, now, because you're being a little bitch.

Also re: Heejo, I played along side him with my lady juggler and he was pretty freaking awesome.

I regret storing that PC, but I just could NOT keep in character. It felt like a dead-end.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Desertman on August 24, 2016, 11:00:02 AM
Heejo was the shit.

+1

I have the best memories of playing around Heejo (and Lucky and Koman and the sarge-she-who-shall-not-be-named) as Drogan (and at least one other).  One of the tops had to be busting the soldiers of His Arm about The Valley of "Should Have Sent the Byn in the First Place" when the Byn had to extract some folks from like... all of the spiders.

Also, manipura beat me to +10'ing that Rahnevyn rocked as an Imm.  Just all around great times and these months are 100% the reason I kept playing Arm.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on August 24, 2016, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: Desertman on August 24, 2016, 11:00:02 AM
Heejo was the shit.

+1

I have the best memories of playing around Heejo (and Lucky and Koman and the sarge-she-who-shall-not-be-named) as Drogan (and at least one other).  One of the tops had to be busting the soldiers of His Arm about The Valley of "Should Have Sent the Byn in the First Place" when the Byn had to extract some folks from like... all of the spiders.

Also, manipura beat me to +10'ing that Rahnevyn rocked as an Imm.  Just all around great times and these months are 100% the reason I kept playing Arm.

Totally agree with that sentiment and that period and those players are the reason I recently came back after getting frustrated over too many stupid deaths shortly thereafter and taking a break for about two years. Made me super happy to maybe see that person we aren't talking about who is rumored to still be kicking around but probably isn't and potentially never existed in the first place.

August 24, 2016, 01:33:45 PM #257 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:36:08 PM by Dunetrade55
Honestly, it's been so long, aside from the chair and the occassional spat, the only thing I really remember about Gavin aside from the chair is knife-fighting in the dark...

... and no, despite how euphemistic that may sound, no consent was needed.

EDIT: You viciously stab someone's neck!
Someone reels from the blow!

Someone yells in pants-shitting accented sirihish "BREAK! BREAK!"

That crop of Bynners (including Niall and Pikks) that we took out on a 3 Hour Silt Cruise was definitely a lively bunch.

I've long wondered what happened to Kalila and her sister Sergeant Taleer, and their mute little brother Bish. Last I heard of Taleer was her getting bit on by a bahamet up north. I believe something came up with Kalila's player and they couldn't play for awhile (there was an IC illness rationalization) but she and my character just drifted apart. I hope they still play.

No apologies to the pickpocket who I threw off a balcony for (accidentally) insinuating that he might have known anything about Kalila's disappearance, though.

Also, who played the "Dusty something man" who would troll Torgun whenever he was in town? We had a duel on the rooftops for you to tell me your name (which I promptly forgot and failed to log). I should have given you kudos for the pocket sand episode.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 24, 2016, 02:56:54 PM
That crop of Bynners (including Niall and Pikks) that we took out on a 3 Hour Silt Cruise was definitely a lively bunch.

I've long wondered what happened to Kalila and her sister Sergeant Taleer, and their mute little brother Bish. Last I heard of Taleer was her getting bit on by a bahamet up north. I believe something came up with Kalila's player and they couldn't play for awhile (there was an IC illness rationalization) but she and my character just drifted apart. I hope they still play.

No apologies to the pickpocket who I threw off a balcony for (accidentally) insinuating that he might have known anything about Kalila's disappearance, though.

HAHAHA! I think I was on that one but given the sensitive nature it seemed to have I'm unsure which details to leave out. I just know they told us to shut up about it and never speak of it again. That was CRAZINESS in a can.

Quote from: path on August 24, 2016, 12:31:10 PM
Ellandris was totally incredible, also. Whatever happened to Lady Ru? What happened to Pappintia?
I think Ru stored. Pappintia, was that the bastard?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Some of this stuff is bordering on the informal 'one year' stuff, as some PCs mentioned are still alive. Just watch yer P's and Q's, matey.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Rahnevyn OVER 9000!!!

(One of the best staffers, hands down, to have ever existed.)
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I'm trying to remember the name of a noble from Tuluk. He was described as corpulent, and hired me on my first ever PC. I remember I took a couple week break moving back from my internship for a last year an college and never managed to contact him again, or the guy who taught me how to not die who worked for him. I still remember collecting gemstones to give as a gift, and the guy who showed me where they were losing his shit when I found like 5 in a row by pure dumb luck. This would have been about three years ago.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Yeah, that was the noble, whatever happened to him? I suppose he had lots of henchmen, and I hadn't learned to log yet, I may never remember the name of the guy who helped me.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Dragean, with too many damn titles to remember, had a courier called Sivridel, who seemed to sort of be his right hand man for a bit.  At least for the short bit of time that I knew him with my very first merchant.  I made a couple friends/acquaintances early on with that PC and was annoyed that she died early and didn't get to actually be secret partisan or apprentice to any of them.

August 24, 2016, 08:36:07 PM #268 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:41:34 PM by BadSkeelz
I didn't learn a single Tuluki noble name in my AoD stint but we all knew there was "a really fat one, like really fat."

So congratulations on a world-renown sdesc/waistline.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on August 24, 2016, 08:36:07 PM
I didn't learn a single Tuluki noble name in my AoD stint but we all knew there was "a really fat one, like really fat."

Didn't that guy use to ride an erdlu about pulled by its harness by his servants to keep his shoes clean?  One, poor, poor, poor burgundy erdlu?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Seeker on August 24, 2016, 08:55:01 PM

Didn't that guy use to ride an erdlu about pulled by its harness by his servants to keep his shoes clean?  One, poor, poor, poor burgundy erdlu?

No lol it was an uh... what are those half erdlu half lizard mounts called again? I don't think they're in game anymore. And if they're are, they're real scarce.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

August 24, 2016, 08:59:52 PM #271 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:06:06 PM by manipura
Quote from: Seeker on August 24, 2016, 08:55:01 PM

Didn't that guy use to ride an erdlu about pulled by its harness by his servants to keep his shoes clean?  One, poor, poor, poor burgundy erdlu?

I think it was a ratlon?

Edit: As far as I know they're still in game, just very scarce, as they've always been.  I've only seen two over all my years of playing.

Quote from: Yam on August 24, 2016, 07:28:51 PM
Dragean?

You mean "Cammul Light"?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Dragean used to ride a ratlon and hang out in the Tembo's Tooth.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Oh.  I wanted to edit my message but the forums were loading slowly....

Anyways, didn't deathkamon play Flaire?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points