Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: palomar on August 17, 2016, 04:58:33 AM
Quote from: Barsook on August 17, 2016, 02:36:34 AM
I know, I need to quiet down, but what happened to that Kadian crafter who became an apprentice bard in one of the circles back in late 2010?

Got a name?

Ayla or something like that.  She was one of the ones who interacted with my dwarf Dake back in 2010.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Ayla Konviwedu. I'm unsure of the details, but I think she had a child with a Legionnaire (Arj?), went away for a while and then got sick (?) and died/stored sometime in early 2011.

Ale Six played a bunch of cool characters, but I won't out him on any.

Quote from: Tuannon on August 17, 2016, 08:54:10 AM
Ale Six played a bunch of cool characters, but I won't out him on any.

Her.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

It definitely makes me understand why people are never like "What ever happened to Riev's characters?". I mean. I never even APPROACH the level of some of the players here.

That one time? Where I had a cool Legionnaire? And I did NOTHING with it? ... Ugh.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: palomar on August 17, 2016, 08:40:08 AM
Ayla Konviwedu. I'm unsure of the details, but I think she had a child with a Legionnaire (Arj?), went away for a while and then got sick (?) and died/stored sometime in early 2011.

I played Arj, also.  Arj and Ayla were lovers but we never really roleplayed that out much.  They met in the Luir's market when he was still working for Kurac, and he had a huge soft spot for bards, as anyone who knew him would know.  They would eventually have a daughter, Sera, who was playable age by the time of his death, and we had a few people ask if they could play her, if I remember right.

Ayla died in childbirth.  I'll always feel bad about this one.  The player is a very sweet person who offered to store for my comfort.  Basically, I found out she was played by one of my pals, and I have trouble portraying things properly when I know who is on the other end.  I was going to store, and she stepped in and said, 'No, don't, I will.'  I feel like I could've come up with a better solution.  I'll leave any further discussion up to her, but Ayla was a great PC.
Where it will go

Dar! I remember Red! He was so extremely fun! I was playing Emme, this little blonde Kadian sort've but not really hunter, and we had such good talks and good fun. She was such a lay about. I was like, I'm going to see exactly how much of a lay about I can be and mooch as much as it's possible to, without doing any work whatever. She took these instrument lessons from a bard and was always just HORRIBLE at it. I sort've meant for her to improve, but she never did. She make the strings sob for mercy.

What happened to him! I looked for him for months after and you were gone.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

August 17, 2016, 12:33:08 PM #132 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:03:08 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: SuchDragonWow on August 17, 2016, 10:52:55 AM

I played Arj, also.  Arj and Ayla were lovers but we never really roleplayed that out much.  They met in the Luir's market when he was still working for Kurac, and he had a huge soft spot for bards, as anyone who knew him would know.  They would eventually have a daughter, Sera, who was playable age by the time of his death, and we had a few people ask if they could play her, if I remember right.

Ayla died in childbirth.  I'll always feel bad about this one.  The player is a very sweet person who offered to store for my comfort.  Basically, I found out she was played by one of my pals, and I have trouble portraying things properly when I know who is on the other end.  I was going to store, and she stepped in and said, 'No, don't, I will.'  I feel like I could've come up with a better solution.  I'll leave any further discussion up to her, but Ayla was a great PC.

:) It's been such a long time!

And Riev, I loved your Jihaen templar so very much! Passing along orders for juice since he wouldn't imbibe was the best.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

August 17, 2016, 02:38:32 PM #134 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:41:14 PM by Barsook

I didn't know that she was as a family member of a circle?!

EDIT TO ADD: Wasn't she played by boog?

Okay, one more, what about Draz who like worked for Tenneshi, Kadius, Salarr, and Kurac?
Fredd-

Quote from: Riev on August 17, 2016, 09:48:12 AM
It definitely makes me understand why people are never like "What ever happened to Riev's characters?". I mean. I never even APPROACH the level of some of the players here.

That one time? Where I had a cool Legionnaire? And I did NOTHING with it? ... Ugh.

I remember your last Legionniare who was a Byner and Salarri hunter before becoming a solider on two characters, one which was in House Salarr (Zenthar).  I think it was Tulay was the other one, though I might be recalling someone else.
Fredd-

Quote from: Molten Heart on August 17, 2016, 12:33:08 PM
Whatever happened to Holten Ironfel? Did the Plainsman finally get him? That guy was the best bard I've ever seen. I like how he wasn't so much concerned with the performance arts and was more concerned with history and stories.

That was ages ago, heh. Memory is hazy but I believe he died in a flash powder accident. I didn't like his poetry style but I later modelled my own Irofel after how I perceived his personality.

Quote from: Barsook on August 17, 2016, 02:43:43 PM
Quote from: Riev on August 17, 2016, 09:48:12 AM

I remember your last Legionniare who was a Byner and Salarri hunter before becoming a solider on two characters, one which was in House Salarr (Zenthar).  I think it was Tulay was the other one, though I might be recalling someone else.

I mean. That HAD to have been Creek but it was so long ago I don't remember being a Bynner and Salarri. Gavin was both, but he wasn't a Legionnaire and was also as boring.

I like my characters when  I play them, but in retrospect, nothing cool happens to me and I'm incapable of making cool things happen. C'est la Arm.

But I appreciate your characters!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on August 17, 2016, 05:11:18 PM
But I appreciate your characters!

That and everyone else's, including the newbies.
Fredd-

Quote from: Riev on August 17, 2016, 05:03:16 PMI mean. That HAD to have been Creek but it was so long ago I don't remember being a Bynner and Salarri. Gavin was both, but he wasn't a Legionnaire and was also as boring.

I like my characters when  I play them, but in retrospect, nothing cool happens to me and I'm incapable of making cool things happen. C'est la Arm.

I'm going to have to disagree with you about Gavin. He was certainly not boring and I enjoyed interacting with him quite a bit.

It IS true that he never accomplished his goal, which as I recall was to be a renown gladiatorial warrior of Tuluk. I don't think it would have been impossible, but I think that his approach (working in Salarr) didn't lend itself well to goal realization. The trick of Tuluk is always affiliations and taking advantage of organizations and connections.

At the risk of derailing the thread, here's some brainstorms on how it would have been possible to accomplish something like that in Tuluk:

• If working for Salarr, propose a series of arena events that would bring profitable attention to the House (it's all about profit)
  • If proposing to the Faithful, ask for partisanship/support in exchange for putting on the event, emphasizing the benefits to patriotism and threat-readiness
  • If proposing to the Chosen, mention how supporting such an effort would benefit their House
  • If looking to involve more groups at large, make a proposal to a Circle bard, citing the glory of running an event (and the Arc of Blades)
  • (In general, the more commoners you can get excited about the idea, the better, be it Legionnaires, or Cavaliers, or bards, or whatever)

The most difficult part of the situation at the time was that a regular sparring/training session would have been very difficult. The Partisan's Arena sparring portion had been closed by staff, making it extremely hard to spar cross-organization or practice together, and the Tribal Levies had not yet been created. Thus, any proposal would have needed to have strong merits other then merely combat practice/training.

Anyways, sorry if that was a ramble. I was hoping to give you some insight into how to realize goals, since it seems to be discouraging you. A lot of the same types of approaches can be applied to Allanak for any given goal.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

So, back on topic.

Ratshet? Bueller?!
There is only one boog.

Well, initially he started off Tuluki. He knew he needed to learn to fight like a gladiator, so he joined the Byn. While with the Byn, Agent Tasok offered him a VERY lucrative position and the chance to go back and be stationed in Tuluk. I was still under the old guard where you had to be with Salarr for <x> years before you could leave, but at the time he REALLY felt it was his only way to get 'back home'. He eventually gave himself to the Dasari, and wanted to be a cook/chef/own his own patisserie. (its actually because of him that a VERY favored tart recipe exists again).

Back on sortof topic:

What ever ACTUALLY happened to High Templar Elithan? I was there for Serilla, but I feel like I don't remember Elithan's departure at all. And that one Guild Leader that was a mutant, and also a Sarge in the Byn? Whoever that was, that guy was hardcore.

Gibbs the blue skinned man?  Or what about Dosek or whatever the spelling is?
Fredd-

Quote from: Riev on August 17, 2016, 08:52:29 PMAnd that one Guild Leader that was a mutant, and also a Sarge in the Byn? Whoever that was, that guy was hardcore.

Dosek or whatever the spelling is?
Fredd-

Doshek was killed, but I don't know more than that a Blue robe and other Guild members were involved. The names Rujileto and Little come to mind.

Elithan retired in 2009, around the age of 80. Maybe the player will provide more details.

Wow, 80.  Was he one of the oldest humans in the history of Arm?  And who was the oldest human anyways?
Fredd-

I recall Elithan had ended up with sorcerer powers and all kinds of interesting things by the time it was done.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on August 18, 2016, 09:12:09 AM
I recall Elithan had ended up with sorcerer powers and all kinds of interesting things by the time it was done.

He also really liked the band The Talking Heads.

I just remember the Legion's First were his attempt at having a unit that he personally commanded, giving people the false impression that they matter being from the First Cavalry, instead of the Seventh Sabers unit.

*sniffle* I could have been so special.

It's like all the best stories and characters came from Tuluk.

Bring it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack  :'(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."