Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Evilone on October 22, 2021, 05:19:14 AM
Who remembers, The spartan, peshek-brown man - Sergeant ? His name I cannot for the life of me remember.

That was I, Sergeant Aldren, he was fated to die in a battle to an epic scene after storming an Allanak stronghold but he actually died for real moments before his predetermined death heh. I was flattered to learn after a break from the game that years later someone that he knew had named a trading company after him in memorial.

Quote from: Dar on August 05, 2021, 07:13:05 PM
Long long ago, a bunch of merry Red Fangs captured three people in the Tablelands, inked a slave tattoo across their skin and sold them off to House Tor.

Does anyone know what actually happened to these three people? Did they grow on to play interesting roles? Did they all die/store within a month?

I stored, but the scene was cool.

Does anyone know who played Sergeant Barkin, a northerner who might have been a Lyksaen warslave?   I think was circa 2008 to 2010.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

I played that fellow in 2009. That was Barkin Pavir,  a sturdy, high cheek-boned man.  He was Lyksaen slave/warrior.  Lived 40 odd days and died to two southern dwarves on the North Road that killed him without RP.  I remember I was angry about his death.  Glad to see someone remembered him.  The second name was to honor another fallen Lyksaen slaved named Pavir. (part of his background)
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Whatever happened to Crowe and their player? Did their player stuck around?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Once upon a time, I played this blatant breed in the Byn and she kind of bonded with this asshole of a Bynner over a hot dude that just walked into the Kuraci bar in Luir's.

Then the hot dude pointed out that she's a breed and the asshole of the Bynner got soooo pissed off (dude's proper prejudiced as a typical Nakki should be), and blamed her for not telling him that she's a breed (her sdesc was not very breedy). There went that short-lived but fun one-IG-hour'd friendship!

What happened to this guy?
I ruin immershunz.

September 28, 2022, 09:51:25 PM #1306 Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:59:12 PM by tiny rainbow
Quote from: tiny rainbow on September 28, 2022, 08:52:03 PMRe: Post Your Character Portrait

Knew so many cool Sun Runners (roughly chronological order): Silent Stone who taught her about the wilds when young, Fire Within whose dying wish was for Little jozhal to... Find out on their clan forums! Sun Flower the SCARY dramatic but fun trader, Glass who really earned his name one day and literally left a mark! Okemos who bravely sacrificed himself to save the first "pilgrimage", Dour Snake, Smokes all the Spice the heroic leader, Runs with Rantarri the heroic leader and poor taste in mask wearer! Twice Born/Broken Bow the heroic leader, Kronx who taught her more about the wilds, Empty Cask the adorable learning medicine-elf, Ire of the Opal the absolute hero who navigated so much trickery going on and saved Little jozhal's path from going astray -they secretly both cut each other as a sign of trust, Always Lit the heroic [REDACTED] monster hunter, Devadas who warrior who supported her when she really needed so much help moving things all the time, Cokat the brave warrior, Brings Meat the (I think) horribly murdered, Pretty Gurth the amazingly brave warrior who Little jozhal was very proud of saving from Olek's half-gith servant who was full of evil powers and had TWO templar weapons! Kathari the adorable learning would-be warrior, Zaikata the INTENSELY dramatic leader, Zoto the INTENSELY dramatic warrior, Mek Mouth the INTENSELY dramatic trader, Stomps with Flames the warrior, Kiiri the awesome leader who fought about 30 mantis alongside the garrison whilst naked except for jewels, Sweet Pyre the very clever and intriguing plot-delver who I never found out half the stuff he was involved in, Kree the awesome warrior, [PENDING] the AMAZING teacher and brave warrior who saved so many and soldiers and Byn in the Battle of the [REDACTED] Chasm, Kireni the crazy and adorable elf who talked to trees, Kerek the brave warrior who sacrificed himself to hold off the horde from the wounded sheltering in the Battle of the Chasm, Piotrek the brave warrior who taught more about the wilds, Yaphet the brave warrior who almost died stopping a terrible monster that became the talk of Luir's for a while. Abiyer the awesome teacher, [PENDING] the brave warrior with a level head who stood against so much crazy evil stuff, Akunyili the level-headed warrior who broke up a lot of Sun Runner dramas! Dances Between Sunbeams the earnest learning-to-be-warrior, Ailya the warrior and unquenchable, Shines Away Darkness the brave ambassador and negotiator.

Quish the life and soul of the Twin Tribes for so long - Schum, Amer, and Ata'Lia, of the Al'Seik.
Merri and Crossing the monster hunters, Azmekh the unfortunately romantically-inclined of the Arabet.

Tavrian-da Kurac the very dramatic dealer but was the first to give Little jozhal trade! Visindri-di Kurac the amazingly competent Agent, Beckett/Twig the heartbreak, Ryll the wise old sewing mentor and Tuluki elder who was around when the gates closed(!), Asarra the dangerously clever Akai Sjir turned Kurac when he got locked out of the city when the crazy stuff started, Tomija/Tomi of the Songbirds, Mags, Xtaris and Saveni the amazing dancers that helped teach Little jozhal, Sandmaster Horror Sanda who blew the whistle on nefarious sorcerous things goings on, Dealer Niano who was amazing at her job as well as Hacer. Entertainer Morlaw who made amazing poetry. Ellon the escaped slave turned entertainer. Sy the mysteriously tattooed....

Captain Shard, the first ever elf Captain of the garrison. Garrison Captain Calarin from when she had a wooden sword and thought she would never be anyone to leading a REDACTED monster-hunt, Captain Ryn, Captain Veat who tried to stop evil powerful things being spread but died trying, Captain Wernar who was really good at rebooting the garrison and getting it organised again, Captain Isaev and Captain Eija the heroes of the Battle of The Chasm (lore name redacted). Sentry Grimdall the one uncorrupt soldier in the known. Canvas the REDACTED-slayer mul.

Two Left with WHAT did he have going on? Megara the rich jeweller that let Little jozhal haggle for her when they were both young. Abal the crazy metal-man dwarf, Shug the defiler hunter and possibly secret other-defiler (Kutai)-cultist?, Raion the monster slayer, Lot the HEROIC giant. Al the Byn Sergeant that later turned gemmer commander.

Severed Ear and Salty Black of Two Moons either the first or the most well known first ones before much of them was well known or decided, that went around showing off their goods and Little jozhal never dared tell Sun Flower that Ear had called her a "Templar of the Sands".

(antagonists get mentions too!) Ketheo the defiler who pretended to be a seller of rocks to try lure her into a trap and a lot more crazy stuff - It was such a classic elf moment... They had a long conversation about how he was a grebber that had a lot of rocks and would trade them cheap, and she knew the whole time who he really was, and was trying to avoid letting him know she knew that while at the same time... Obviously WAY too busy to meet to trade right now! :)
... Mysterious presence (WHAT WAS THAT I WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW), Suriale the definitely-very-sane aide to Lord Inquisitor Sahtuk who had a plushie gimpka that she thought was alive I am pretty sure and was very good at making you realise they REALLY want to know what you are up to. Whimsy the manipulative whiran. That guy that wayed detailed gory descriptions of what he wanted to do her, and ended up having it done to him by one of her acquaintances. That guy that wayed threats as he was being pardoned (and then executed) by Captain Wernar.
.... Larimar (who'd been killing her pet garrison - unforgiveable! Since Captain Calarin and Canvas' Garrison with Always Lit had JUST saved half the known from being murdered repeatedly by an extremely dangerous monster!) complaining about the Sun Runners while being paraded around Allanak by templars after falling from the sky into the city due to rumours she'd been spreading (that were actually true - I say rumours, that's not really fair - most of the time what she said was 100% true and was not believed anyway so it was treated like rumours. :)). That person who did really bad things RIGHT NEXT TO THE SUN RUNNER CAMP and got charged at out of nowhere by a very angry pair (they didn't mean to kill almost instantly and there was an OOC oops).

Some I am not sure if past the year to add yet! And some I probably need to add still.

Also drew a lot of text pictures of people she knew and things she saw but finding those is part of the fun :D

Talked a LOT, but that's not really fair either... She was involved in some really scary fights, and big battles, came close a good few times...

[note: edited to add more, I already redacted things before posting <3]
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

September 28, 2022, 10:17:36 PM #1307 Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 10:19:26 PM by Barsook
Has it already been a year? Wow. She was something for sure.

Speaking of Megara, what happened to her? And others like Shug too?
Fredd-

Quote from: tiny rainbow on September 28, 2022, 09:51:25 PM
Quote from: tiny rainbow on September 28, 2022, 08:52:03 PMRe: Post Your Character Portrait

Suriale the definitely-very-sane aide to Lord Inquisitor Sahtuk who had a plushie gimpka that she thought was alive I am pretty sure and was very good at making you realise they REALLY want to know what you are up to.

[note: edited to add more, I already redacted things before posting <3]

Re:Suriale -

Ravager was a real gimpka rat she acquired when it was a baby. What happened to her remains largely unknown.

October 13, 2022, 03:22:34 AM #1309 Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 03:25:57 AM by Inks
That was quite the wall of text. Am not really understanding it, is it just a list of pcs you liked in her lifetime?

I'm glad you enjoyed your PC. Was definately long lived!

I don't know how most of their stories ended :( Which is sad because I want to write fleshed out biographies at some point (I have logs of everything, but since it's all from her perspective there's a lot of fun points I'd probably be missing on stories if it's only from what I got)

I'd be interested in more about ANY of them! :)

Quote from: H182 on September 29, 2022, 04:38:58 AMRe:Suriale -

Ravager was a real gimpka rat she acquired when it was a baby. What happened to her remains largely unknown.
Little jozhal got locked in during the war when the gates closed and the place was full of soldiers. When the old apartments in Luir's were broken in and occupied, no one bothered to close the doors after them. Got curious and found...
... A fluffy toy gimpka rat... In the main one being used by the soldiers. Totally thought it was Suriale's acting like some kind of mascot :)
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Severed Ear and Salty Black of Two Moons either the first or the most well known first ones before much of them was well known or decided, that went around showing off their goods and Little jozhal never dared tell Sun Flower that Ear had called her a "Templar of the Sands".

Two Moons were just being... salty  8)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: tiny rainbow on October 13, 2022, 05:49:32 AM
I don't know how most of their stories ended :( Which is sad because I want to write fleshed out biographies at some point (I have logs of everything, but since it's all from her perspective there's a lot of fun points I'd probably be missing on stories if it's only from what I got)

I'd be interested in more about ANY of them! :)

I was both Merri Arabet and Dealer Niano :)  Both were stored due to longevity and wishing to play new roles :)  And both of them loved Treasure! 

Hey haha i played both Schum and Amer. Crazy how long Little Jozhal lived.

I played Whimsy and had so much fun on that toon. The Cernd Viir'i were so great :D

Your tribal humans were cool for sure, Lotion.
Fredd-

Don't know if it's another Silent Stone, but if that's mine that was a long time ago.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Whatever happened to Merchant Wren of House Salarr who was Captain of the Garrison like twice?
Fredd-

By what though? I heard it was in Storm? Is it still a FOIC thing?
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on October 14, 2022, 06:47:17 AM
By what though? I heard it was in Storm? Is it still a FOIC thing?

Yes.

October 14, 2022, 10:32:42 AM #1321 Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 10:42:58 AM by Kankfly
Quote from: Rokal on October 22, 2021, 07:22:06 PM
And as Reiloth said, that was Aldren! I remember him as well as Jargon , Nori? (or was it Nari?) and Mors off the top of my head. I know there was a romance between Aldren and Faithful Lord Yasir's aide, too. Alya Rings some bells too.

I remember Hederai too, though I didn't see much of him.

Hmmm... Ok, so Nori was one of the many PCs I'm not proud of, because I didn't think I was very good back then (still not very good now, but I like to think I've improved since then), but I liked her because she somehow ended up in a lot of fun situations and interesting plots.

Nori was Levy Elder along with Mor, eventually became Sergeant, along with Keyrena, but to a dying unit. She was also Hedarai's Anakore (aide), but he'd stored by then. For some reason, Keyrena ran away from Tuluk and erased her inks, and so Nori considered her a cowardly turncloak. The betrayal hurted, because Keyrena, Flaire, and a lot of those who ran were the ones that mattered to her. Or at the very least, the ones that should not have caved in so easily under fear because they've all been through shit together - ie. The Battle of Ten Serak, that badass well expedition. She sent her unit to RSV (or what's left of the unit), saying that if anyone asked, to let them know that it was the Sergeant's order to perform some secretive tasks there, to save them from whatever it was that was happening in Tuluk. Nearing the end, it was only herself, Yasir, Yasir's aide, and Tallis who were the only PCs left in Tuluk. We all hung out in Yasir's aide's apartment with her baby. I remember Tallis vigorously RPing making her customcraft. Staff occasionally threw some amazing animations and echoes, and I've always appreciated them for doing that. The atmosphere was intense and really apocolyptic and every day, logging onto Arm was like a new scary adventure to me.

Yes. I was heavily addicted.

During this period of time, Nori would ambush Levies and Sun Legion PCs and anyone she could possibly know and tell them to gtfo of Tuluk. She never told them to run to Allanak, however. But it was funny, because of Sergeant Konstantin, a lot of Tulukis ran to Nak, most of which Nori added to her kill list, including people like Flaire and Keyrena.

Eventually, she bailed, and I think Tallis was one of the only two (?) PCs (Mor might be there) that were there to witness Tuluki closure animation. They hung out in Morin's, while Mor and Nori traveled to RSV, and though people were telling her to go to Allanak, she didn't trust a southerner for shit.

Yes, they had a kill list. It included Konstantin (for encouraging Tulukis to, in her mind, become turncloaks), Keyrena (because she was Sergeant and aide to Fortuna the Faithful Lady), Flaire (for his heavy involvement in various Tuluki projects against Nak, including the [REDACTED] project), etc. Mor and Nori managed to corner Flaire in RSV, and killed him in an apartment after a heavy scene, and when they tried to deposit his body in the silt sea, some random dude wandered up and saw them.

Nori's death was anti-climatic, but I am always OOCly glad to see Mor and Tallis still hopping IG and doing things on my numerous PCs after.

Edited to add:

I cannot believe I didn't mention Drazen.

Ironically, Drazen, who I personally think is one of the greatest celves I've ever interacted with, whom Nori hated, turned out to be one of the extremely rare Tulukis who didn't erase his inks. Dude had his own agenda, as all elves do, but their relationship seemed to be built on transaction, and I've no doubt that he was easily manipulating her all the way.
I ruin immershunz.

Quote from: Kankfly on October 14, 2022, 10:32:42 AM
Quote from: Rokal on October 22, 2021, 07:22:06 PM
And as Reiloth said, that was Aldren! I remember him as well as Jargon , Nori? (or was it Nari?) and Mors off the top of my head. I know there was a romance between Aldren and Faithful Lord Yasir's aide, too. Alya Rings some bells too.

I remember Hederai too, though I didn't see much of him.

Hmmm... Ok, so Nori was one of the many PCs I'm not proud of, because I didn't think I was very good back then (still not very good now, but I like to think I've improved since then), but I liked her because she somehow ended up in a lot of fun situations and interesting plots.

Nori was Levy Elder along with Mor, eventually became Sergeant, along with Keyrena, but to a dying unit. She was also Hedarai's Anakore (aide), but he'd stored by then. For some reason, Keyrena ran away from Tuluk and erased her inks, and so Nori considered her a cowardly turncloak. The betrayal hurted, because Keyrena, Flaire, and a lot of those who ran were the ones that mattered to her. Or at the very least, the ones that should not have caved in so easily under fear because they've all been through shit together - ie. The Battle of Ten Serak, that badass well expedition. She sent her unit to RSV (or what's left of the unit), saying that if anyone asked, to let them know that it was the Sergeant's order to perform some secretive tasks there, to save them from whatever it was that was happening in Tuluk. Nearing the end, it was only herself, Yasir, Yasir's aide, and Tallis who were the only PCs left in Tuluk. We all hung out in Yasir's aide's apartment with her baby. I remember Tallis vigorously RPing making her customcraft. Staff occasionally threw some amazing animations and echoes, and I've always appreciated them for doing that. The atmosphere was intense and really apocolyptic and every day, logging onto Arm was like a new scary adventure to me.

Yes. I was heavily addicted.

During this period of time, Nori would ambush Levies and Sun Legion PCs and anyone she could possibly know and tell them to gtfo of Tuluk. She never told them to run to Allanak, however. But it was funny, because of Sergeant Konstantin, a lot of Tulukis ran to Nak, most of which Nori added to her kill list, including people like Flaire and Keyrena.

Eventually, she bailed, and I think Tallis was one of the only two (?) PCs (Mor might be there) that were there to witness Tuluki closure animation. They hung out in Morin's, while Mor and Nori traveled to RSV, and though people were telling her to go to Allanak, she didn't trust a southerner for shit.

Yes, they had a kill list. It included Konstantin (for encouraging Tulukis to, in her mind, become turncloaks), Keyrena (because she was Sergeant and aide to Fortuna the Faithful Lady), Flaire (for his heavy involvement in various Tuluki projects against Nak, including the [REDACTED] project), etc. Mor and Nori managed to corner Flaire in RSV, and killed him in an apartment after a heavy scene, and when they tried to deposit his body in the silt sea, some random dude wandered up and saw them.

Nori's death was anti-climatic, but I am always OOCly glad to see Mor and Tallis still hopping IG and doing things on my numerous PCs after.

Edited to add:

I cannot believe I didn't mention Drazen.

Ironically, Drazen, who I personally think is one of the greatest celves I've ever interacted with, whom Nori hated, turned out to be one of the extremely rare Tulukis who didn't erase his inks. Dude had his own agenda, as all elves do, but their relationship seemed to be built on transaction, and I've no doubt that he was easily manipulating her all the way.

I loved Flaire's death scene! Thanks for that one. Your PC was fun to RP with too.

Few more (possibly) memorable characters of mine since I started playing again:

Raz
Sapir
Flag
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Little Jozhal, my girl! Severed Ear really liked you (well, apart from obligatory disdain for not being able to run and pity for being trapped inside the walls). She wanted to bring you into the Two Moons fold but later all she could do was think about butchering you just to spite Sun Flower. (who was a good character to hate in her own right).

Glad you had such fun times with your PC.