Whatever happened to...?

Started by mirk_o_loio, July 28, 2016, 05:16:41 PM

Quote from: Kankfly on December 14, 2020, 09:55:21 AM
Whatever happened to Akiya al'Seik?

I've had such a blast playing with him, Atuna Baja, and Kukuali. He's seriously one of the best Seik I've ever encountered. The other was Kahvi al'Seik. What happened to her?

I stored Kahvi as I was barely playing at that time and the IC world had sorta gotten away from us as a result. Pretty much everyone she knew was gone and it was a quiet period in the tribe, I felt if I wanted to find out IC I'd rather find out through fresh eyes. I made her when Rath made that call for the gith war and just wanted to be a generic non-gick Seik and she somehow survived that despite me throwing her into every rough situation I could.

I also had a blast playing with Akiya, he really fueled Kahvi's last period of major activity!

Kukuali was great, I'm glad I got to interact with her on Kahvi. I remember before the HRPT Kahvi had no idea what was going on and she spoke with Kukuali (they hadn't spoken in awhile) who said something like, people are calling me a sorcerer, don't believe them and I'm probably going to be dead by next week. Kahvi was like ??????
This account predates TheBlaze network :)

Heh. Suddenly was a funny elf. I recognized the player and it was always funny to deal with him.  Kudos to the players of suddenly aaaaand his direct opposite, the actual creator of East side kings that eventually transformed to association and painted elves.

That player ran one elf who was zero combat Skillz and lots of subtlety, wheeling and dealing. And then ... 2 yrs later? Played Suddenly who was this unhinged volatile super buff murderous elf.

That reminds me. How did the wheelie dealie elf die?!? I found his corpse and even sent requests for clues about cause of death. But never got anything conclusive.

Quote from: Dar on December 14, 2020, 01:32:11 PM
Heh. Suddenly was a funny elf. I recognized the player and it was always funny to deal with him.  Kudos to the players of suddenly aaaaand his direct opposite, the actual creator of East side kings that eventually transformed to association and painted elves.

That player ran one elf who was zero combat Skillz and lots of subtlety, wheeling and dealing. And then ... 2 yrs later? Played Suddenly who was this unhinged volatile super buff murderous elf.

That reminds me. How did the wheelie dealie elf die?!? I found his corpse and even sent requests for clues about cause of death. But never got anything conclusive.

Finally he gets brought up!  SUDDENLY! I blame all Ryali's corruption with the elves on him. That's all I have to say about that for now...

Yeah sorry about the anti-Suddenly meme. I actually didn't make that; a friend of mine did. It was tongue in cheek, though, not meant to actually insult anyone.

Twig died committing the ultimate sin of being a city elf, lonefooting his way to Luirs to see his dream girl!

He was layered like an onion as a character and one of the last minimum age PCs. I'd love to share the behind the scenes one day but I'm unsure if certain people are still alive so I don't wish to spoil anything or anyones potential plots.

I'm trying to remember this kid. He was a Southie youth that my elf convinced to join AoD and spy for me. He actually asked me to investigate the murderer of some private who got killed on a bench and I found some female PC whose motivations I didn't get. 

Once this kid complained to me that he had no mount. But he was feeding me food info, so I gave him a ticket that we robbed from somewhere.

On his first patrol with a templar in lead, he pulls his mount out for the first time and it's ... A gwoshi.  The entire AoD stare wide eyed at this newb youth that never left the city and has a gwoshi for a mount.

Oops.

He was a funny pc though. I wonder how did his story end.

Quote from: Dar on December 14, 2020, 10:20:05 PM

On his first patrol with a templar in lead, he pulls his mount out for the first time and it's ... A gwoshi.  The entire AoD stare wide eyed at this newb youth that never left the city and has a gwoshi for a mount.

Laughed good at this one.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: The Blaze on December 14, 2020, 01:10:58 PM
Quote from: Kankfly on December 14, 2020, 09:55:21 AM
Whatever happened to Akiya al'Seik?

I've had such a blast playing with him, Atuna Baja, and Kukuali. He's seriously one of the best Seik I've ever encountered. The other was Kahvi al'Seik. What happened to her?

I stored Kahvi as I was barely playing at that time and the IC world had sorta gotten away from us as a result. Pretty much everyone she knew was gone and it was a quiet period in the tribe, I felt if I wanted to find out IC I'd rather find out through fresh eyes. I made her when Rath made that call for the gith war and just wanted to be a generic non-gick Seik and she somehow survived that despite me throwing her into every rough situation I could.

I also had a blast playing with Akiya, he really fueled Kahvi's last period of major activity!

Kukuali was great, I'm glad I got to interact with her on Kahvi. I remember before the HRPT Kahvi had no idea what was going on and she spoke with Kukuali (they hadn't spoken in awhile) who said something like, people are calling me a sorcerer, don't believe them and I'm probably going to be dead by next week. Kahvi was like ??????

That's super awesome. I got to interact with Kahvi over a few characters and she's always so consistent in her RP. Major kudo!
I ruin immershunz.

Whatever happened to Digger, and the sorcerer who ran around in the labyrinth with a hawk mask and a predilection for causing mayhem?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

What about Sandmaster Sanda of Kurac?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I hope this one is okay to ask about.

Did Agent Visindri-di got force stored from IC happenings? If so, what was it? And if not, whatever happened to her?
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on July 04, 2020, 08:00:41 PM
Petty sure it's a been a year here.  What happened to the painter in Allanak by the name of Dar or at least that was his nickname.

He was found out by another for being a certain kind of agent of the Templarate. That sort of discovery about him led to his downfall.
This was my character's understanding of why he disappeared.

Quote from: Barsook on January 06, 2021, 06:04:32 PM
I hope this one is okay to ask about.

Did Agent Visindri-di got force stored from IC happenings? If so, what was it? And if not, whatever happened to her?

I don't think people get stored for IC happenings, just OOC reasons. Usually self-imposed (the role isn't great for me right now, thanks for the opportunity, k bye).
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

You can in fact be stored for certain things. Though generally within player control.

Quote from: Hauwke on January 07, 2021, 02:44:26 AM
You can in fact be stored for certain things. Though generally within player control.

Like hiring an assassin who failed to kill their target. seen that happen once.
Fredd-

Sanda also known as Little Horror by her old crew stored.

Visindri stored shortly after all the dominos fell apart with the old crew.

Oh? I guess it was their choice not a force store.
Fredd-

You can still be force stored if your PC isn't what you apped for anymore, essentially. Templar roles come to mind as the most obvious for when/if they get a redder robe.

Didn't know that!
Fredd-

Quote from: Hauwke on January 07, 2021, 09:45:04 PM
You can still be force stored if your PC isn't what you apped for anymore, essentially. Templar roles come to mind as the most obvious for when/if they get a redder robe.

Was at least one short period I can recall where a Templar wore a red robe for a bit though, without being stored right away. No?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Yes. They are then stored however. I'd call it a force storage because you have no choice.

Quote from: Hauwke on January 08, 2021, 03:22:05 PM
Yes. They are then stored however. I'd call it a force storage because you have no choice.

Sure they have a choice.  People don't become red robe templars without actively seeking to do so with such actions culminating in a discussion with staff explicitly requesting to become one.  I am pretty sure that during the discussion staff would say something along the lines of "Okay but you know your character will be stored, right?"

there are things that end in storage. They are in a sense considered 'winning' the role.

An elementalist becoming an elemental will eventually end in force storage as the game cannot handle a sentient all powerful elemental.

A junior noble becoming a senior noble will eventually end in force storage as senior nobles have so much power, they will need a crew of staffers hovering at all times to make the world react accordingly.

A blue robe becoming a Red robe will eventually end in force storage for pretty much similar reasons as noble going senior noble.  Yes, there was once a time when we had a Red PC running around and he was stored for that very same reason eventually.

Quote from: Dar on January 10, 2021, 02:34:02 PM
there are things that end in storage. They are in a sense considered 'winning' the role.

An elementalist becoming an elemental will eventually end in force storage as the game cannot handle a sentient all powerful elemental.

A junior noble becoming a senior noble will eventually end in force storage as senior nobles have so much power, they will need a crew of staffers hovering at all times to make the world react accordingly.

A blue robe becoming a Red robe will eventually end in force storage for pretty much similar reasons as noble going senior noble.  Yes, there was once a time when we had a Red PC running around and he was stored for that very same reason eventually.

Don't forget an escaped Borsail mul slave becoming a Tuluki citizen!
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Or an elf taking an oath of honesty.